Why does society think it’s racist to have a racial preference?

Emmaqq3

Female
From
WI, US
I’ll be honest. I’m white and I’m not attracted to a large majority white men. I see Ryan Gosling and think “eh”. But when it comes to black men, I think the majority are very attractive and cute. I’ve only had serious relationships with black men and only seek out them. But since I’m white it’s considered racist and “fetishizing”. But if it was the other way around (me just dating and seeking out white men) no one would even care! It’s such a double standard. I feel maybe this is the one place on the Internet that would understand my frustration on the matter.

Liking black men isn't fetishizing them. The nonsense you hear on this forum IS. It's not gray area at all. Simply having a preference is far different than the type of fetish you see here. Put it this way...if you refer to a black man as a "bbc" you're fetishizing him. Think about it. You're literally calling a person a big black cock. You'd pretty much never do that to a or race. Plenty of big white cocks. But you just say I want a big cock or a white guy with a big cock. It's really simple the difference between preference and fetish

Back