Timeless interracial relationships

maewest2.jpg Gorilla_Jones.jpg Mae West (1893-1980) had an affair with middleweight boxer William Landon "Gorilla" Jones (1906-1982) in the '30's. When the management at her Ravenswood apartment building banned the African American boxer from entering the premises, Ms. West solved the problem by buying the building and lifting the ban.

View attachment 1328354 View attachment 1328355 Mae West (1893-1980) had an affair with middleweight boxer William Landon "Gorilla" Jones (1906-1982) in the '30's. When the management at her Ravenswood apartment building banned the African American boxer from entering the premises, Ms. West solved the problem by buying the building and lifting the ban.
Wow thats interesting because my mom watches alot of old movies so I'm familiar with this actress. Never would've guessed lol

inger and ike.jpg inger black.jpg ingerstevens_jpg.jpg Swedish actress Inger Stevens and actor/film producer Ike Jones married secretly on November 18, 1961. They kept their union secret so as not to harm her career. The demand of their careers meant they spent much time apart, straining their marriage. In 1970, Inger died at the young age of 35 of an overdose of barbiturates. Jones then made their marriage public. The courts ruled in Jones' favor and appointed him administrator of her estate. You have to wonder if the strain of society and the public drove her to an early death. Sad, but we have come a long way.

jerry tibbs.jpg cass carr.jpg 005NBP_Gretchen_Mol_029.jpg bettie page.jpg 11035.BettyPage.Christmas.jpg There were rumors about Bettie Page. But there's no concrete evidence she had interracial affairs. However there were two black men who were instrumental to her phenomenal career. In 1950 she met Jerry Tibbs, an NYPD officer and avid photographer. She agreed to let him shoot her, and it was he who suggested her trademark bangs hairstyle, because he reasoned it would cut down on glare from her high forehead. She also befriended jazz musician and photographer Cass Carr who did many sultry shoots with Bettie. Two brothers were largely responsible for an iconic sex symbol!

gunilla-and-nat.jpg gunilla.jpg gunilla nat.jpg gunilla nurse.jpg Nat King Cole and actress and Hee Haw honey Gunilla Hutton had a torrid love affair that really wasn't revealed until after his death. He was married at the time and Ms. Hutton was his mistress for several years. However they had fallen deeply in love, and Nat was going to divorce his wife and marry Gunilla. Sadly Mr. Cole was stricken with cancer and died shortly after. But it's still one of those unsung love stories.

1932_Mae_color_72dpi.jpg bert williams.jpgMae West admittedly preferred black men as I mentioned earlier about her fling with boxer William Jones. And who knows how many trysts she had that weren't made public. She admired Vaudeville entertainer Bert Williams from her early show biz days and remained good friends with him until his early death in 1922 at 47. Although I don't know if they were ever romantically involved. She is shown in her later years ca. 1977 with one of the guys from her "Mae West shows", that featured a parade of beefy guys. MaeWest&MrAmerica,1977.jpg

dinah and bbc.jpg dinah-shore-c-1970s.jpg dinah shore.jpg I had heard rumors about beautiful and talented singer/actress Dinah Shore. The story came out years later about her giving birth to a biracial ******* some years back in the 5o's when this sort of thing was still taboo. When rumors of this surfaced, it was explained away that she had black ancestry in her ******* and her ******* was result of coming after so many generations. She was married at the time to white actor George Montgomery and they did divorce shortly after. I guess he didn't buy the African ancestry crap. Although I'd love to believe it's true she had an extra-marital affair with a black man, it's still rumor. She did have a lot of black male friends over the years. So it makes you wonder!

Back