So can we use the " N " word?

I certainly agree, 9th ... it is a racial slur. But, you'll have to agree that usually it is not a white individual using that racial slur in the forums. Also, it seems offensive to use THAT racial slur HERE, but not offensive to use racial slurs towards white males. Now please don't tell me you "haven't noticed?". But, again, let me say, the reason for my earlier question wasn't even regarding the racial slur word. Yet, my question was taken out of context to be implying I was.

Yes and that doesn't make it any better or allowable in my opinion. The word is and always will be a racial slur regardless whose lips it falls from. The best way to defuse a thing is to not give it air to breathe. Using the word perpetuates hate and bigotry both directly and indirectly. I don't entertain the notion that there are cultural nuances to the word. The word was created to belittle Black people, where's the confusion?

Yes I've seen slurs directed toward white males on the forum. I condemn that as well. Again that boils down to the individuals using the word and their mindset.

If a woman referred to me as such that would be a very bad move on her part. I think it's show's a lack of self-respect to allow or even request that someone call you such a name. If you do, in my opinion you forfeit all right to get upset or complain if someone else calls you that. I don't suspend my principles just to get a nut. There are plenty of other "dirty" words out there so why use one deeply rooted in hatred and bigotry?
Dude get the fuck on with this fake ass self righteous bullshit.

Mac don't go making sweeping generalizations. Not all Black men address each other that way. My rationale is if you go around calling yourself that then you have no right to get upset if someone else calls you that. Furthermore if you have to even wonder if it's okay to call someone a N***r or any racial epithet for that matter then you're an idiot point blank and period.
black man don't tap dance for Mac, he's just a white troll. I make white girls say "give me that "N" dick" while I blow her back out. But if a white person on the street says it then he got a problem on his hands. Call it hypocritical all u want but I'm good black man. Funny up talk all this "principles" and "moral" ******* yet your here trying to fuck other mens wives. Fuck outta here black man.

black man don't tap dance for Mac, he's just a white troll. I make white girls say "give me that "N" dick" while I blow her back out. But if a white person on the street says it then he got a problem on his hands. Call it hypocritical all u want but I'm good black man. Funny up talk all this "principles" and "moral" ******* yet your here trying to fuck other mens wives. Fuck outta here black man.
Justify your ignorance :) Whatever helps you sleep at night :)

That's right talk ******* and call people "idiots" but when I get on your ass you wanna run and push ignore like a coward bitch. Look at what that dumb ass white boy said in that post about "do u blks wanna be called" yada yada. Then u align yourself with him. You Uncle Tom ass black man. Look will some woman or husband plz hookup with 9th Wonder because he is trying so hard to find him some pussy that I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor bastard.

Oh and a white woman saying N*****R in bed is just kinky taboo sex talk just the way a woman might like to get called bitches, hoes, sluts etc. But is she having that kind of talk outside of the bedroom? Of course not. Of course those words can't even come close to the N word but its the whole tabooness of it. How many times do I have to break this down for u? Dumb ass.

Again, you dance around the question I asked, and it certainly wasn't regarding the derogatory "N" word. READ the QUESTION! My question was purely professional. When filling out applications & forms in my profession, I've seen various words used to refer to ethnicity. My question was directed at black Americans ... how do they prefer to be addessed AS ... comprende'? Quit trying to position my attitude/position on the reference to black Americans.
You're not slick. First of all why do u give a damn what we call ourselves?

Really? So, let's see if I have this straight, catherine ... I see some dark skinned individuals walking by my home, do I tell my wife I just saw some NOs walking by my home? :frantic:
Let's return to my original question of Oct 24th post, in which you'll noticed I got attacked just for asking a serious question. Some people chose not to read my question seriously, or preferred not to understand the question, or even worse, chose to take my question insultingly (probably because I'm a white male). So, maybe I should state the Q in a different way ... HOW do dark skinned individuals (of African descent) prefer to be referred as? Since I work in a profession that addresses race & gender often, and I've seen it change more than a few times in my work history, I was asking a serious question.

When using the derogatory/slang word, it really does depend on the person's race/sex/and reason for using the word. Certainly if I used it (and I never have in public) I'd be immediately chastised because of my conflicting ethnicity, as well as my gender.
Fuck do u mean "how dark skinned individuals (of African descent) prefer to be referred as". Dude where do u work because they got a damn fool working there. We dark and light skinned Africans are one of the same you dumb ass white boy. Stop harassing Catherine and deal with me.

I'm not going to read all of this and I am not going to get caught up in the debate. I just think people have a right to self-identify as they choose, and decide what term they prefer for others to use to describe their ethnicity, etc. When I was in college I worked for the U.S. Dept. of Commerce part-time as a census enumerator. We were trained to ask people what their race was, and record whatever they said, regardless of what we thought. For example, if Richard Pryor answered the door and said he was an Eskimo, that's what we would record.

That being said, I think the term "African-American" has its limitations. For example, I went to school with a white kid whose family had immigrated to the U.S. from South Africa. He was blonde and blue eyed and pale as a ghost. But technically, he was African-American because he was an African who was by then an American.

On the flip side, I knew a family from French Guyana who immigrated to the U.S. They were very dark complected but didn't like the term African-Americans because they came from generations of Guyanans.

But once again, I'm all for calling people whatever they like, and suspect a lot of us spend too much time thinking about labels anyway.

.... I'm all for calling people whatever they like, and suspect a lot of us spend too much time thinking about labels anyway.

I agree with your point ... problem is, if a white person refers to a black person as Afro-American, its likely someone in that person's race is going to take offense to the title ... they might prefer "person of colour" or some other reference. That was the whole point to my original question.
So based upon your assumption, I guess NiggDick is appropriate and OK here, then ... he's certainly acting the part anyways.
Sorry for dragging you into this conversation, MemphisMWM ... we can blame it on the new member, catherine for choosing to bring the topic, which had died a week ago, back up.

On to the next topic ... Why do so many interracial pics show the men wearing their socks while having sex? hahahaha ... I imagine that will get NiggDick all riled up again.

Like I said, I didn't read all of this so I am not sure who is on which side of whatever argument is going on.

But as far as the socks go, I could see where that would give a guy better traction on the sheets to drive the BBC home.

I agree with your point ... problem is, if a white person refers to a black person as Afro-American, its likely someone in that person's race is going to take offense to the title ... they might prefer "person of colour" or some other reference. That was the whole point to my original question.
So based upon your assumption, I guess NiggDick is appropriate and OK here, then ... he's certainly acting the part anyways.
Sorry for dragging you into this conversation, MemphisMWM ... we can blame it on the new member, catherine for choosing to bring the topic, which had died a week ago, back up.

On to the next topic ... Why do so many interracial pics show the men wearing their socks while having sex? hahahaha ... I imagine that will get NiggDick all riled up again.
I'm not riled up at all, I think you and nipple man are two funny dummies. But my question still stands, why do u give a damn what we call ourselves? Because you don't, and you think your slick with this bullshit that your asking.

I'm not going to read all of this and I am not going to get caught up in the debate. I just think people have a right to self-identify as they choose, and decide what term they prefer for others to use to describe their ethnicity, etc. When I was in college I worked for the U.S. Dept. of Commerce part-time as a census enumerator. We were trained to ask people what their race was, and record whatever they said, regardless of what we thought. For example, if Richard Pryor answered the door and said he was an Eskimo, that's what we would record.

That being said, I think the term "African-American" has its limitations. For example, I went to school with a white kid whose family had immigrated to the U.S. from South Africa. He was blonde and blue eyed and pale as a ghost. But technically, he was African-American because he was an African who was by then an American.

On the flip side, I knew a family from French Guyana who immigrated to the U.S. They were very dark complected but didn't like the term African-Americans because they came from generations of Guyanans.

But once again, I'm all for calling people whatever they like, and suspect a lot of us spend too much time thinking about labels anyway.
With all due respect Memphis I bet your friend never checked that African American box on any form that he's ever filled out. Black people in America are African Americans. Now matter what some may say. A lot of African Americans are on that "I'm not African American, I'm a black American" nonsense. Look if a French poodle had puppies on the moon those puppies would still be French poodles. They wouldn't suddenly become "Moon dogs" or "space puppies". You got a lot of AA that love to run away from there African roots and try to pull this "black American" ******* out of their ass. But black people are Africans and will always be Africans.

Back