So can we use the " N " word?

Just out of curiousity, (and Im'serious here), what EXACTLY do black people prefer to be addressed as these days as it seems to change about every 4-5 years. My ******* ( a minister by the way) taught us ******* to say "blacks" or "negros", and forbid us to use the derogatory "N" word ... yet, as many have stated, black guys address each other that way, and have no issues with the rap music that repeats it over and over and over . In fact, it seems to "jack 'em" up ... so here's what I've got on the list from past Human Resource forms:
  • negros
  • blacks
  • African Americans
  • coloreds
  • people of African descent
  • Afro-Americans
Of course, its ok if you refer to whites as "crackers, honkies, etc" as derogatory words & references seem to apply only one way ... and besides, most of us caucasians don't give a rat's ass. Be respectful, and get respected in return. :)

Just out of curiousity, (and Im'serious here), what EXACTLY do black people prefer to be addressed as these days as it seems to change about every 4-5 years. My ******* ( a minister by the way) taught us ******* to say "blacks" or "negros", and forbid us to use the derogatory "N" word ... yet, as many have stated, black guys address each other that way, and have no issues with the rap music that repeats it over and over and over . In fact, it seems to "jack 'em" up ... so here's what I've got on the list from past Human Resource forms:
  • negros
  • blacks
  • African Americans
  • coloreds
  • Afro-Americans
Of course, its ok if you refer to whites as "crackers, honkies, etc" as derogatory words & references seem to apply only one way ... and besides, most of us caucasians don't give a rat's ass. Be respectful, and get respected in return. :)
Shut your dumb ass up. You a dumb stupid, trolling ass white boy. Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. Then your troll ass had the nerve to say "be respectful". Like "ok stupid N's I'm about to troll and disrespect you just be respectful in your replies to my trollish disrespctful ******* and I'll respect you back". I'm so sick of your coward racist ass white boys who post this ******* over internet from the comforts of your home. Dumb ass motherfucker.

Shut your dumb ass up. You a dumb stupid, trolling ass white boy. Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. Then your troll ass had the nerve to say "be respectful". Like "ok stupid N's I'm about to troll and disrespect you just be respectful in your replies to my trollish disrespctful ******* and I'll respect you back". I'm so sick of your coward racist ass white boys who post this ******* over internet from the comforts of your home. Dumb ass motherfucker.

Now why does NiggDick's response not surprise me? Hate is eating this man up, that's for sure! Get professional help, NiggDick, before you do yourself or some innocent person harm.

I prefer be called Mr. or sir. In bed I like to be on a first name basis. If in doubt don't use the "N" word. Personally I would like to see it disappear entirely, but if the participants are OK with it then I guess it would have to be acceptable, but it never will be around me.

Never been with a black man so don't know if I could do that. My last bf was white and we talked about our fantasies and we were both happy with my black-lover one. We would make out as if he was black , or if I preferred black, and the N word got used- just in play. Have to say, it made our sex unbelievably exciting. With a black man the racial undertones are so different I guess its much better not to- or at the very least ask what his limits are on this kinda issue long before you stretch out for him!!

If a woman referred to me as such that would be a very bad move on her part. I think it's show's a lack of self-respect to allow or even request that someone call you such a name. If you do, in my opinion you forfeit all right to get upset or complain if someone else calls you that. I don't suspend my principles just to get a nut. There are plenty of other "dirty" words out there so why use one deeply rooted in hatred and bigotry?

i think that sums it up well- I saw a tv show on route 66 yesterday and it showed a chapel in Chicago where escaped slaves came to for comfort and hope...these things are too real to make a sex game about them.

• negros
  • blacks
  • African Americans
  • coloreds
  • Afro-Americans

Mac don't go making sweeping generalizations. Not all Black men address each other that way. My rationale is if you go around calling yourself that then you have no right to get upset if someone else calls you that. Furthermore if you have to even wonder if it's okay to call someone a N***r or any racial epithet for that matter then you're an idiot point blank and period.

Use of the N word is cultural-specific. If black ppl use it amongst themselves then it has a very different dynamic from when it is used inter-race. Even the context of white use of it is crucial, white ppl talking about a N is very different from a couple having fantasy sex. When it comes to N words...just say No

.... When it comes to N words...just say No

Really? So, let's see if I have this straight, catherine ... I see some dark skinned individuals walking by my home, do I tell my wife I just saw some NOs walking by my home? :frantic:
Let's return to my original question of Oct 24th post, in which you'll noticed I got attacked just for asking a serious question. Some people chose not to read my question seriously, or preferred not to understand the question, or even worse, chose to take my question insultingly (probably because I'm a white male). So, maybe I should state the Q in a different way ... HOW do dark skinned individuals (of African descent) prefer to be referred as? Since I work in a profession that addresses race & gender often, and I've seen it change more than a few times in my work history, I was asking a serious question.

When using the derogatory/slang word, it really does depend on the person's race/sex/and reason for using the word. Certainly if I used it (and I never have in public) I'd be immediately chastised because of my conflicting ethnicity, as well as my gender.

The people walking by are just that: people. I think if you are making an issue about their race, and in terms like that, then you might need some help. Sorry. If you saw two white people walking by would you tell your wife they were none-'No's? You might need to work on yr vocab as well as yr attitude if the only words you can find, in the company of yr lady no less, for black pedestrians begin with N.

The people walking by are just that: people. I think if you are making an issue about their race, and in terms like that, then you might need some help. Sorry.

Again, you dance around the question I asked, and it certainly wasn't regarding the derogatory "N" word. READ the QUESTION! My question was purely professional. When filling out applications & forms in my profession, I've seen various words used to refer to ethnicity. My question was directed at black Americans ... how do they prefer to be addessed AS ... comprende'? Quit trying to position my attitude/position on the reference to black Americans.

Well let's be clear the N word is more than simply a derogatory or slang word. We can't deny it's a racist slur.

I certainly agree, 9th ... it is a racial slur. But, you'll have to agree that usually it is not a white individual using that racial slur in the forums. Also, it seems offensive to use THAT racial slur HERE, but not offensive to use racial slurs towards white males. Now please don't tell me you "haven't noticed?". But, again, let me say, the reason for my earlier question wasn't even regarding the racial slur word. Yet, my question was taken out of context to be implying I was.

How can you ask that realistically Mac. If I say I prefer to have my ethnicity referred to as Black it doesn't mean every other Black person in the world agrees or prefers to be addressed the same. Here's the kicker ... we're all individuals.

Back