Different styles, different approaches...

Lady Dionysus

Female
Real Person
Gold Member
From
VA, US
I have seen a few threads here asking about the preference of older or younger partners. I expect there may be a difference, depending on the role you play in the interaction.

My thoughts today are a little more specific. Instead of older or younger, is there a difference in experience and satisfaction between generations?

For my part, I have attempted to make several connections with Millenial men, both white and black. I have so far had two experiences:

- the naive, inexperienced, boy who wants me to teach them everything, and doesn't even have an idea where to start;

- the last minute flake-out, and i do mean last -minute;

- and the guys who *think* that at 23 they have some secret knowledge our ability I have NEVER experienced before, and I need to accommodate them and their schedule to be amazed by them.

The third certainly is a possibility, but the approach is so off-putting, I never get there.

Gen-Xers are more in tune, and more responsive, *usually* don't flake (from my perspective looking for single men), and typically have a good skill set. They also tend to come with ex -wives, custody issues, baby support, and difficulty managing regular meet and greets. All understandable, as real life gets in the way. And it just has to.

As a card-carrying Gen Xer myself, my real life gets in the way all of the time - teenagers, parents, career demands... I get it, and it is why clear communication is so important.

Boomers stretch across a varied age range, and frankly have been the most accommodating, gentlemanly group. I have NEVER been stood up by a Boomer man, nor have I ever had to pay for or plan a thing. Incredibly attentive, and always sure that I leave satisfied.

Of course these are generalities based solely on my experiences. I will continue to explore across the generations, because I enjoy learning new people, and seeing what they have too offer.

Has anyone else noticed generational distinctions? No bashing here, please, just sharing of your thoughts and experiences with each other.

Lady D.

As a millenial, I guess i do fall into the category of not the most experienced but I do consider myself respectful and gentlemanly. I guess it all depends on the person.

I have seen a few threads here asking about the preference of older or younger partners. I expect there may be a difference, depending on the role you play in the interaction.

My thoughts today are a little more specific. Instead of older or younger, is there a difference in experience and satisfaction between generations?

For my part, I have attempted to make several connections with Millenial men, both white and black. I have so far had two experiences:

- the naive, inexperienced, boy who wants me to teach them everything, and doesn't even have an idea where to start;

- the last minute flake-out, and i do mean last -minute;

- and the guys who *think* that at 23 they have some secret knowledge our ability I have NEVER experienced before, and I need to accommodate them and their schedule to be amazed by them.

The third certainly is a possibility, but the approach is so off-putting, I never get there.

Gen-Xers are more in tune, and more responsive, *usually* don't flake (from my perspective looking for single men), and typically have a good skill set. They also tend to come with ex -wives, custody issues, baby support, and difficulty managing regular meet and greets. All understandable, as real life gets in the way. And it just has to.

As a card-carrying Gen Xer myself, my real life gets in the way all of the time - teenagers, parents, career demands... I get it, and it is why clear communication is so important.

Boomers stretch across a varied age range, and frankly have been the most accommodating, gentlemanly group. I have NEVER been stood up by a Boomer man, nor have I ever had to pay for or plan a thing. Incredibly attentive, and always sure that I leave satisfied.

Of course these are generalities based solely on my experiences. I will continue to explore across the generations, because I enjoy learning new people, and seeing what they have too offer.

Has anyone else noticed generational distinctions? No bashing here, please, just sharing of your thoughts and experiences with each other.

Lady D.
Interesting topic. Hope others post their views and thoughts

Back