Allowing teachers to ccw

"God did Not make man equal, Samuel Colt Did."

that is from the movies..... there used to be a man the travelled around the country selling guns... on the old Maverick western series and he used to say that a lot!
note... I watch the old western channel a couple nights a week!
I liked the Maverick ones.... .. but they eventually broke it up.... into 4 different ones ... one with maverick... another with his brother Brett... one with the gun salesman.... and another called "tenderfoot"

We have police in some schools now...just not enough. I completely disagree that the gun situation is so far out of the barn. What is so far out of the barn is the degredation of the family structure which then fosters a situation of disrespect and anger that fuels some gun violence. Add to that some of the people loaded up on *******, the gangs and those with mentaal problems and a complete lack of respect for the laws , partly because of our joke of a judicial system and the criminals have free reign. Guns are not the issue, the issue is those people yeilding the guns. Sad but true.
All of these angry, ******* crazed, mentally unfit etc have the ability to purchase arms with relative ease. I don't understand how this makes any sense. The American people have the "Right to bear arms" and that is fine but I don't think the forefathers really intended to have Americans killing each other including children.
I love being a neighbor to the US and have many American friends and I don't like seeing them killed by some lunatic with a gun.

All of these angry, ******* crazed, mentally unfit etc have the ability to purchase arms with relative ease. I don't understand how this makes any sense. The American people have the "Right to bear arms" and that is fine but I don't think the forefathers really intended to have Americans killing each other including children.
I love being a neighbor to the US and have many American friends and I don't like seeing them killed by some lunatic with a gun.

And yet your friends have a FAR BETTER chance of being hit by a car, eating poison, Kidney failure, Killed by a ******* driver, or suicide - don't live in fear. 99.7% of gun owners did NOT ******* someone today.
http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Your going to need a better platform to stand on. Why can't the left just be honest and state - "we want to take your guns" because in essence - that is what it amounts to. I have been asking this question from the left for a long time and not a single answer - At what point will you be satisfied with gun control, and stop pushing for more gun control every time there is an incident? At what point will you say there is enough gun control, the problem must be something else.

Why can't the left just be honest and state - "we want to take your guns" because in essence - that is what it amounts to.

kind of have to agree with you there.... never understood that either.... most of your hunters are working class people... just doesn't make any sense
I was a delegate from my district one time... made it up to county and was working on state.... when a guy got up and mentioned putting that in the platform.... not one to shut up I had to get up right after and bring up the point about who does the most hunting and argued against the guy.... after I sat down someone came over and told me if I expect to make it any further in this I needed to change my views... needless to say I didn't make it to state delegate

Here in Sweden we have some of the toughest gun laws in the world. The criminals dont care though and there are shootings every day now. The only ones who cant defend themselves are law abiding people who follow the gun laws and every time there is an incident the left want tougher guns laws for the law abiding people, resulting in more easier prey for the criminals... its a downward spiral and where we are right now is that people go to jail for defending themselves. Even young girls get jail for having pepperspray while the criminals have AK47s...

You Americans may have more people killed with guns, but you dont have more people killed... Less armed law abiding people = easier prey for criminals = more violent crime against law abiding people.

Here in Sweden we have some of the toughest gun laws in the world. The criminals dont care though and there are shootings every day now. The only ones who cant defend themselves are law abiding people who follow the gun laws and every time there is an incident the left want tougher guns laws for the law abiding people, resulting in more easier prey for the criminals... its a downward spiral and where we are right now is that people go to jail for defending themselves. Even young girls get jail for having pepperspray while the criminals have AK47s...

You Americans may have more people killed with guns, but you dont have more people killed... Less armed law abiding people = easier prey for criminals = more violent crime against law abiding people.

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!

Here in Sweden we have some of the toughest gun laws in the world. The criminals dont care though and there are shootings every day now.

well there is an old saying....... you outlaw guns and the only ones with guns are outlaws
and your country is proof of that!

look at NY..... toughest gun laws.... and probably more killings.... look at Iowa... easiest gun laws and less killing..not sure where okl fits in... but we have a bunch... everyday!

And yet your friends have a FAR BETTER chance of being hit by a car, eating poison, Kidney failure, Killed by a ******* driver, or suicide - don't live in fear. 99.7% of gun owners did NOT ******* someone today.
http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

Your going to need a better platform to stand on. Why can't the left just be honest and state - "we want to take your guns" because in essence - that is what it amounts to. I have been asking this question from the left for a long time and not a single answer - At what point will you be satisfied with gun control, and stop pushing for more gun control every time there is an incident? At what point will you say there is enough gun control, the problem must be something else.
I have no issue with hunters etc having, using and enjoying guns. These arguments always divide people and I really don't think anything will change so I think sane people and crazy people will always have their handguns and assault rifles but both side should stop and look in the mirror and understand that the proliferation of arms is based on business not some right. Arms dealing is a huge business and lobbying for the continuation of this business is done by the arms manufacturers. As a final thought I would only ask you to follow the money. Saudi Arabia/911.

understand that the proliferation of arms is based on business not some right.

Well - it IS based on a right - it's in our constitution (way before lobbyist was a thing). Today the gun companies lobby not only for their best interest, but also to keep ******* heart liberals from taking that right away based on their fears that an inanimate object somehow forces people to shoot others. Yes, you can follow the money and find the true nature behind conspiracies but I can assure you, 9-11 did not happen because Americans have the right to own weapons. Just as I can assure you that the right to own guns was not the cause of some idiot who opens fire on a crowd. Guns weren't used in 9-11 by the way, and countries where they can't get guns, they use trucks or cars to run people down - Do you want to ban the Vehicle?. I really doubt SA is trying to keep Americans armed, if anything they would want to strip us of them. Either you are a bit misinformed or you are trying to play on my feelings and suggesting that I don't care.

There is a much deeper issue that people refuse to address, and it starts with personal responsibility (or lack of), more people are being raised in single parent homes, quality of living is going down, poverty is now a norm world wide, and we are now being told that ******* is an acceptable means of convenience. Guns were not an issue in every day news just 20-30 years ago. Gun ownership has always been here so something else has changed.

Well - it IS based on a right - it's in our constitution (way before lobbyist was a thing). Today the gun companies lobby not only for their best interest, but also to keep ******* heart liberals from taking that right away based on their fears that an inanimate object somehow forces people to shoot others. Yes, you can follow the money and find the true nature behind conspiracies but I can assure you, 9-11 did not happen because Americans have the right to own weapons. Just as I can assure you that the right to own guns was not the cause of some idiot who opens fire on a crowd. Guns weren't used in 9-11 by the way, and countries where they can't get guns, they use trucks or cars to run people down - Do you want to ban the Vehicle?. I really doubt SA is trying to keep Americans armed, if anything they would want to strip us of them. Either you are a bit misinformed or you are trying to play on my feelings and suggesting that I don't care.

There is a much deeper issue that people refuse to address, and it starts with personal responsibility (or lack of), more people are being raised in single parent homes, quality of living is going down, poverty is now a norm world wide, and we are now being told that ******* is an acceptable means of convenience. Guns were not an issue in every day news just 20-30 years ago. Gun ownership has always been here so something else has changed.

BRAVO!!!! Well said and all very true. The liberals answer to everything is to deny citizens their rights and throw money at a problem. They need to wake-up and do something New To Them, THINK. Doing the same things they have done in the past and expecting different results, is INSANE!!!!

There is an old saying, "You can't fix stupid"!!!

We need STATESMEN, we have had enough Politicians!!

I actually agree with most of what you say. I just feel it is sad that people have to carry arms on a daily basis. It is truly your right to carry these arms but the massive emotional aspect of this right is fueled by the business aspect. Advertise that your right is being taken away and emotions kick in. Make people afraid of something and find someone to blame works tremendously in todays world. Heck, it might even get you elected. All kidding aside I really believe you are right when the answer is actually in the way people are raised today. Closer ties with family and friends is really the answer. Simple and effective.
Congrats on the multi billion dollar arms deal with the Saudis. That was my 9/11 connection. I'm finished and take care.

The liberals answer to everything is to deny citizens their rights and throw money at a problem. They need to wake-up and do something New To Them, THINK

Now hold it here I was agreeing with you on some stuff..... but now you are just trying to lump everything into something that is not true!
If you go back and THINk... before Obama all the right said was he is going to take our guns.... ammo went up and was hard to find.... why? because there were so many hording iT!.... did Obama ever mention taking your guns? No... just more fear and fake news from the right!

actually the shortage of ammo was due to 2 things.... the increase in gun ownership and people hoarding it.... several ammo mnfg said they were making the usual amount and even increased by a small percentage!
NOTE: you know who manfg the major part of the ammo you shoot?....China and Russia!

the right uses those fear tactics all the time to get a candidate they want.... go back about 15 years and the head of the NRA had an article in the mag that said the way to separate man from his politics was through his sport!.... I quit supporting the NRA and have never given them a dime since!

who is the NRA? gun and ammo manfg and big biz..... they are just duping the public into this and that to get the candidates they want in office!
and so many really believe them...... how stupid!

they can't change or do away with the second amendment .... no matter who preaches what..... just can't happen.... while we are at it... I agree with the 3 judges so far that said not having the rights to an AR is not effecting the second amendment!.... there are plenty of other guns ava that will more than do the job!... they are a military weapon and should be left to the military!
that should piss off a few here... but don't really give a fuck as they are probably the ones that have been following the NRA's preaching

Conservative vs. Liberal

Subject: Conservative vs. Liberal

This is surprisingly true, unless you only listen to MSNBC, or the other
liberal networks, e.g., NBC, CBS, ABC

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn`t buy one. If a liberal
doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat. If a liberal is a
vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his
enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. If a liberal is
homosexual, he demands legislated preferential treatment.

If a black man or Hispanic are conservative, they see themselves as
independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as
victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal
non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign non-Christian religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for
it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that the rest of
us pay for his.

If a conservative slips and falls in a store, he gets up, laughs and is
embarrassed.

If a liberal slips and falls, he grabs his neck, moans like he's in labor
and then sues.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a
good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Another chance for you to THINK, or rank and rave like an Idiotic Liberal who believes he has all the answers and actually knowns and realizes NOTHING.

With your stated belief on AR rifles, you fit right into this Liberal definition.

I'm through conversing with an IDIOT, there is no point in it. You already believe you know everything and no amount of proof will open your eyes and mind. Typical of someone who was in Politics.

Good-Bye and may you become wise, as you think you are.

Yes yes and yes.....well said and i completely agree!!

I think with a good amount of training teachers should be allowed to conceal carry if they want. However I don't think the safety of the school should be entrusted to teachers that are armed. If a teacher carries it should be for self protection and they should take into account they will be around children all day. I think when it comes to school security maybe getting former military or police that are retired sounds like a good idea. Not only would they have better knowledge of the firearm but security tactics needed during a hostile situation.

I think with a good amount of training teachers should be allowed to conceal carry if they want.

That is part of the key right there, and not just for teachers. Personally I think every state should require hand gun training and safety which should include how to properly store it while in a home with children. To many people buying hand guns that don't even know how to hold one - let alone shoot. Training should come first - then you get a gun.

Back