Allowing teachers to ccw

I am all for allowing teacher to be armed after completing training as I am with anyone. I carry myself and as much as it is physical training with the firearm it is also mental training for that worst case scenario and being ready. Anyone that carries and has been through training can attest to that themselves.

I am all for allowing teacher to be armed after completing training as I am with anyone. I carry myself and as much as it is physical training with the firearm it is also mental training for that worst case scenario and being ready. Anyone that carries and has been through training can attest to that themselves.

I agree with what u said about training but i just dont feel a teacher should be worrying about being that line of defense.

I dont think going thru some basic training and shooting your firearm a few times gives you the necessary skill to take on armed adversaries. Maybe as a backup but i feel like having more trained professionals in the school carrying weapons and ONLY worrying about security is a better option. And i am not talking about a security guard, i mean active duty police officers or former military people or retired federal agents, people like that would be better. I know its costs momey for that but we need to start taking school security seriously.

I agree with what u said about training but i just dont feel a teacher should be worrying about being that line of defense.

I dont think going thru some basic training and shooting your firearm a few times gives you the necessary skill to take on armed adversaries. Maybe as a backup but i feel like having more trained professionals in the school carrying weapons and ONLY worrying about security is a better option. And i am not talking about a security guard, i mean active duty police officers or former military people or retired federal agents, people like that would be better. I know its costs momey for that but we need to start taking school security seriously.

I agree. I love to shoot my 9mm and have gotten pretty good with it. However, as much as I would like to think I could handle one of these creeps who have been chasing after me since my divorce, I would rather have a cop do it for me.

I'm ambivalent. I don't think it offers any significant improvement to safety but I'm also not worried about teachers going on killing sprees. It just seems like a pointless law.

I agree. I love to shoot my 9mm and have gotten pretty good with it. However, as much as I would like to think I could handle one of these creeps who have been chasing after me since my divorce, I would rather have a cop do it for me.

I shoot a lot....i mean a lot! And will i feel very confident in my skills but i am sure there are a lot of ccw folks who dont and dont put in the time...

I'm all for private firearm ownership and self defense; removing the restrictions on silencers is great. But Republicans are being cartoonish with some of the firearms legislation they are passing now.

I work for a school district and I have my ccw, have for the past 10 years, but I cant carry or have in my car cause of state laws. We have on office to cover 6 building and he only really spend time at the middle and high school. I think it would be good for that option to be given.

My major problem is that they (rightly) downplay the risk of mass shootings whenever liberals bring up gun control but then act as though every school needs armed staff to prevent the weekly Columbine

Here... the state of gun whacko's... and one of the highest in shootings.... they allow teachers to carry if they go through a class... look at last week 3 teens broke into a guys house... parents gone... ******* took ar15 and killed all 3.... in another incident cop got into a shootout with a guy he pulled over for no taillight on one side.... arming your self here IS self defense!

I work for a school district and I have my ccw, have for the past 10 years, but I cant carry or have in my car cause of state laws. We have on office to cover 6 building and he only really spend time at the middle and high school. I think it would be good for that option to be given.

Thats an issue....state laws.

I agree that the teachers shouldn't be the ones concerned with the defense of the students but the option to carry should be given to them with advance training. I like the idea of retired military and Police being offered the position of security for the schools. Up here they have one active Police officer assigned to each school for both security and problems that may be outside of what the teachers can normally deal with. When the program first started these officers were armed but have since been disarmed due to people believing, mostly in the high schools, that multiple ******* could assault the officer and get their weapon away from them.

I agree that the teachers shouldn't be the ones concerned with the defense of the students but the option to carry should be given to them with advance training. I like the idea of retired military and Police being offered the position of security for the schools. Up here they have one active Police officer assigned to each school for both security and problems that may be outside of what the teachers can normally deal with. When the program first started these officers were armed but have since been disarmed due to people believing, mostly in the high schools, that multiple ******* could assault the officer and get their weapon away from them.

That is interesting, the school resource officers are still armed in GA. Where do you live?

Our rescource officer is a full time police officer..the problemnis he is one guy covering 4 schools, i have no problem with teachers being allowed to carry if they want but my problem is if they can carry then ccp holders should be allowed to. Lets be honest this "training" they recieve is not all that in depth, its not like they are being sent to the FLETC in Virginia to spend 6 months of training.

Back