Allowing teachers to ccw

When seconds counts cops are minutes away .

I will take my chance with my fellow Americans to carry . A society that carry's is a polite society , I carry 24/7 with a legal permit(s) from many parts of the US

When the ******* hits the fan (SHTF) we always call good guys with the guns . Even the people in our country that hates guns , when they get into trouble make that call .
I am responsible for me and my family I accept that as part of my duties as a Dad & Husband and that I do proudly .

As I said I can link more stories of good guy/woman with a gun .
More then likely the only thing others could link is career criminals committing crimes with a gun , a certain segment of the population are the ones committing the crimes .

well let's get stupid about it!

that's my point... it's a chance!... you could count on him... he gets scared and leaves you hanging!

True ...or he could not and end the situation so i would rather have that chance. You ever been in Alaska camping or hiking. Well you could get attacked by a bear...most likely not but there is a chance. Would you rather have a gun or not. Even if you do have a gun there is a chance a surprise encounter may not give you the time to use it but i sure as hell would rather have a gun with me and have that chance to use it.

Yeah ................I have a fire x in case of a fire , first aid kit in case I get hurt , insurance in case I die too early or are injured , financial planning for a better life , I do lots of things in my life that enhance it and prolong it . So if I carry I hope I never need it but it will prolong my life that you can bet on .

You ever been in Alaska camping or hiking. Well you could get attacked by a bear...

I've been to the Rockies... and Canada.... but I don't have to go that far to see a bear... we have them here!
Don't know how familiar you are with shooting or being around them.... best just leave them be!
If you shoot one... you had better ******* it!.... they can be wounded pretty good... sneak off and they circle around behind you!
when I hunt.... I ALWAYS carry a .45.... not so much for the varmints... more for protection from the 2 legged critters that will try to steal your guns!

I've been to the Rockies... and Canada.... but I don't have to go that far to see a bear... we have them here!
Don't know how familiar you are with shooting or being around them.... best just leave them be!
If you shoot one... you had better ******* it!.... they can be wounded pretty good... sneak off and they circle around behind you!
when I hunt.... I ALWAYS carry a .45.... not so much for the varmints... more for protection from the 2 legged critters that will try to steal your guns!

Steal your guns? When your hunting?

Yes it is best to leave bears alone but if you come around the corner on a trail and run into a grizzly and her cubs and she charges you, i want a gun and preferably a lot more than a 45. More like a .338 win mag. Or if it has to be a handgun at least a .460 mag

YES happens ALOT... where you been? last year here a guy here was out sighting in his rifle for deer season... a guy must have been watching and then came up behind him pulled a gun on him and took his gun... shot him in the head... the guy didn't die for 2 months... lived long enough to ID the guy that shot him.... saw the same thing in Iowa... guy was in a tree someone snuck up behind and got the drop on him... took his gun... didn't shoot the guy though..... it is really bad in Texas..... I'm sure if you look it up there are articles on it..... seems to be happening more and more

i want a gun and preferably a lot more than a 45. More like a .338 win mag. Or if it has to be a handgun at least a .460 mag
if you are in a tree or brush or.... sometimes you can't swing that long rifle around fast enough and just easier to do the .45
carrying the .45 serves several purposes.... 2 legged and 4 legged.... ease of shooting more rounds faster.... and if you are any good with it.... it will more than do the job

YES happens ALOT... where you been? last year here a guy here was out sighting in his rifle for deer season... a guy must have been watching and then came up behind him pulled a gun on him and took his gun... shot him in the head... the guy didn't die for 2 months... lived long enough to ID the guy that shot him.... saw the same thing in Iowa... guy was in a tree someone snuck up behind and got the drop on him... took his gun... didn't shoot the guy though..... it is really bad in Texas..... I'm sure if you look it up there are articles on it..... seems to be happening more and more

if you are in a tree or brush or.... sometimes you can't swing that long rifle around fast enough and just easier to do the .45
carrying the .45 serves several purposes.... 2 legged and 4 legged.... ease of shooting more rounds faster.... and if you are any good with it.... it will more than do the job

It will do the job on two legged it but would never trust a .45 to save me from a grizzly...a short barrel marlin guide gun in .45-70 or my mosssberg 12 gauge pump with slugs is better.

It will do the job on two legged it but would never trust a .45 to save me from a grizzly...a short barrel marlin guide gun in .45-70 or my mosssberg 12 gauge pump with slugs is better.

not arguing that... I usually hunt (deer hunt) with a 30-30.... but if you are in brush and can't spin that long gun around or... there are several reasons for carrying a side arm out hunting...... also IF someone were to get the drop om me and try to steal my rifle.... I would have a recourse... unless like the guy sighting in his rifle and they just shot him
I'm sure there must be a way of looking up how many hunters have been "robbed" while hunting... I know of a couple of occasions in Iowa and a few here... but I hear a lot about it in texas
I have never even pulled it out of the holster while hunting except to get in and out of the truck(I keep it behind my back)... but I feel more comfortable knowing I have it

just wouldn't go in the woods without it and my hunting knife..... we go 4wheeling someplace I am unfamiliar with....I still carry it!
just a note...... both my neighbors also do the same thing... and I know of several others that also have a sidearm while out in the timber

******* this is Okl.... I have a loaded sidearm in 4 different rooms in the house!

Last edited:

Yes it is best to leave bears alone but if you come around the corner on a trail and run into a grizzly and her cubs and she charges you, i want a gun and preferably a lot more than a 45. More like a .338 win mag. Or if it has to be a handgun at least a .460 mag
I had to buy and learn to shoot a 9mm because black bears had gotten so plentiful. Even when I bird hunt I would trust it over birdshot. Hope I don't have to find out

I tried looking up the stats on hunters being robbed of guns... no luck.... everything either being published was by the NRA... or the anti-gun groups....couldn't find anything ...but didn't spend a lot of time looking did find these 3 kind of interesting/funny

Man Robbed of His Gun In New Orleans

We’ve covered numerous instances of open carriers and poorly-concealing concealed carriers being targeted for robbery by opportunistic criminals that saw unaware gun-owners as easy pickings… and since their targets were surprised, often distracted, and generally had poor training, the criminals were almost always successful.
In this specific instance, the victim gun owner shows signs of being poorly trained. He drew a weapon he wasn’t psychologically committed to using, clearly allowed the suspects to dictate the course of events, and somehow even let the bad guy get behind him, which is no easy feat in a parking lot.
The gun owner was viewed as such a low risk that the second robber didn’t even draw his own weapon until after the gun owner had been stripped of his weapon.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/04/05/man-robbed-gun-new-orleans/

Man practicing open carry law robbed of gun
by Chad D. Baus
7:00am Wednesday, February 18, 2015

As editor of BuckeyeFirearms.org, I have the opportunity to read articles posted to our site well in advance - even weeks in advance, as is sometimes the case when an author submits a draft for consideration. And so it is that I've had several weeks to ponder Gerard Valentino's recently-published "Top Ten Threats to Gun Rights in 2015," and his decision to list "Open Carry Extremists" as the number one threat to gun rights.

Although Valentino's article focused on antagonistic individuals who are seeking confrontations with law enforcement, politicians or business owners, my mind kept going back to an article I read recently involving a man who had his openly-carried gun stolen from him.
William Coleman III was robbed of his Walter- brand P22 just after 2:00 a.m. October 4 in Gresham by a young man who asked him for it — and flashed his own weapon as persuasion.

Coleman, 21, was talking to his cousin in the 17200 block of NE Glisan St., after purchasing the handgun earlier that day, when a young man asked him for a cigarette, police said.

The man then asked about the gun, pulled a gun from his own waistband and said “”I like your gun. Give it to me.”
Coleman handed over the gun and the man fled on foot.

The armed robber was described as roughly six feet tall, wearing grey sweatpants, a white T-Shirt and flip-flop sandals.
Similiar incidents have happened in Wisconsin and Michigan.

On the other hand, I read a lot of firearms-related news media reports every day, and have done so for many years now, and I can't think of a single incident in which a concealed carry licensee was taken by surprise and had their concealed gun taken away from them. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it stands to reason that a thug is much less likely to try and steal something from you when they don't know it's there.
As these examples prove, openly-carried firearms may not be much of deterrent to today's street thugs - even ones wearing flip-flops. Instead, a gun worn so that others know it is there may be perceived as nothing more than an invitation to take it.

I am glad open carry is legal in Ohio. I want it to remain legal in Ohio. That being said, I share law enforcement and TDI instructor Greg Ellifritz's conclusion that the perils of open carry are such that it just isn’t a very good idea most of the time.

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/headline-man-practicing-open-carry-law-robbed-gun

and you think the cops are any better!?

While being robbed... Cop pulls guns, shoots self

A policeman accidentally shot himself with his own service firearm as he pulled the weapon on two men who were robbing him last Thursday night.
The high drama occurred shortly after 8 p.m. on St Johns Road in St Catherine, police said.
The injured cop, a corporal who works in the St Catherine North Division, has since been admitted to hospital

http://jamaica-star.com/article/news/20160222/while-being-robbed-cop-pulls-guns-shoots-self

this is the one that sold me on carrying.... not far from my house

Man shot, robbed at Wagoner shooting range

A 73-year-old man was shot multiple times, robbed and left for dead Thursday morning at the Fort Gibson Wildlife Management Area Shooting Range near Wagoner.

The Wagoner County sheriff's office has requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation to help solve attempted shooting death of Kenneth Wallace Payne.

Authorities said Payne was at the range sighting in several of his guns about 7:30 a.m. Thursday when someone shot him. At least four guns were stolen from him, as well as a portable tool chest.

Payne, an Air ******* veteran, lived a few miles away and was able to call a family member on his cell phone for help.
http://newsok.com/article/3626274

I had to buy and learn to shoot a 9mm

my wife has a 9mm... keeps next to her by the bed.... she really likes it.... I have a 1911 in my night stand.... and I take a 1911-a1 to the woods... I keep the gun cabinet in the bedroom.... but I have 3 loaded 380's around the house for....????
momma likes shooting the 380's..... but says to hard to pull receiver back to reload.... so prefers her 9mm

my wife has a 9mm... keeps next to her by the bed.... she really likes it.... I have a 1911 in my night stand.... and I take a 1911-a1 to the woods... I keep the gun cabinet in the bedroom.... but I have 3 loaded 380's around the house for....????
momma likes shooting the 380's..... but says to hard to pull receiver back to reload.... so prefers her 9mm

Hubby prefers the Glock30 .45 for CPO

While i am all for protecting our children at school i am not sure i favor Teachers being the ones to do it. I am kinda torn on that one. From what i have read a teacher would recieve between 40 and 80 hrs of traing then be allowed to ccw.

To me i would prefer school districts hire armed security or Police officers on duty or off to protect the schools.

I am not talking about regular armed security guards but former military or retired police officers who have a deeper knowledge of weapons and tactics. not that a teacher could not be effective but i think having a teacher who has never fired a gun given 1 or 2 weeks training and now has to potentially face an armed threat is asking a lot.

My school district has at least one municipal police officer on campus at all times.

I would love to see at least 1 or 2 full time officers paid by the district at every school full time. i realize that costs money but really no more than the cost of one or two teachers and i think it would relieve teachers of that responsibility. Its unfortunate that is where we are as a society but it is.

Curious what everyone thinks.
Now that Trump has reversed the law on the mentally ill not being allowed to purchase arms then maybe they could patrol the schools. Maybe the Russians could help. Alright alright I will be serious and I don't live in the US so I really can't have an opinion however I will. I think that a legitimate police officer would serve the purpose and would be cost effective. How much is a baby worth? The gun situation in the US is so far out of the barn that having an officer in the school may be the only answer. How sad.

Now that Trump has reversed the law on the mentally ill not being allowed to purchase arms then maybe they could patrol the schools. Maybe the Russians could help. Alright alright I will be serious and I don't live in the US so I really can't have an opinion however I will. I think that a legitimate police officer would serve the purpose and would be cost effective. How much is a baby worth? The gun situation in the US is so far out of the barn that having an officer in the school may be the only answer. How sad.

We have police in some schools now...just not enough. I completely disagree that the gun situation is so far out of the barn. What is so far out of the barn is the degredation of the family structure which then fosters a situation of disrespect and anger that fuels some gun violence. Add to that some of the people loaded up on *******, the gangs and those with mentaal problems and a complete lack of respect for the laws , partly because of our joke of a judicial system and the criminals have free reign. Guns are not the issue, the issue is those people yeilding the guns. Sad but true.

We have police in some schools now...just not enough. I completely disagree that the gun situation is so far out of the barn. What is so far out of the barn is the degredation of the family structure which then fosters a situation of disrespect and anger that fuels some gun violence. Add to that some of the people loaded up on *******, the gangs and those with mentaal problems and a complete lack of respect for the laws , partly because of our joke of a judicial system and the criminals have free reign. Guns are not the issue, the issue is those people yeilding the guns. Sad but true.

Alanm, I agree with completely!!!! The problem is the starts with the families that produce ******* with NO Respect and No Direction in their life.
I also completely agree with your assessment of the Judicial System. The Politicians/Liberals have placed too many Sissy Judges on the Bench. We need some Hard-Nose Judges who won't make excuses for the criminals and then give them minimum sentences, or No sentence. If they go to Jail, that too is a joke. The criminals have more rights than the guards and Wardens and have every convenience in life. The criminals run the prisons and it is a Training Academy for more and more violet crime. It solves NOTHING.
The repeat and the Violet Criminals need to be Executed and permanently remove from society and NOT be given a life of luxury at the public's/Governments' expense.
We can not Financially or Morally continue to pat them on their back's and send them back into society to *******, ******* and Rob again and again.

Alanm, I agree with completely

well there is so much to dispute with your comment ... not sure where to start
first I am about as lib as you can get... yet I have..over 30 guns and do not plan on losing them!
yet I see no need for the AR type guns to be available to the public!

The problem is the starts with the families that produce ******* with NO Respect and No Direction in their life.

most of that issue goes back to the economy... years ago when the Mrs. was a stay at home mom and was able to supervise the ******* we doidn't have a lot of that... but now with baby care and etc... they move into different groups of friends that have different standards and eventually get into the wrong group of friends.... ******* just don't get the counselling and guidance they used to get from home

I also completely agree with your assessment of the Judicial System. The Politicians/Liberals have placed too many Sissy Judges on the Bench. We need some Hard-Nose Judges who won't make excuses for the criminals and then give them minimum sentences, or No sentence

I could give Iowa as a good example of that ... it is a police state..... 80% farm country and yet was number 3 for number of people in prison.... who do you think pays for that prison system?... the taxpayer!..... and yet of all those in prison how many are in there for ... pot?... I don't have a problem with someone who does a violent crime paying for it... to the MAX!.... but that also brings up the issue of repeat offenders.... a lot of them after getting out and serving their time... are "marked"... if you get pulled over or...???? and they see you have served time.. it's like the police go out of their way to "check" you and try to put you away again.... the police believe that anyone who has served time for any reason is a criminal and belongs in jail.... very biased! and with the job market the way it is ... it's hard for someone who might want to try and get things back on track... and can't.... I could really go into that a lot more

The criminals have more rights than the guards and Wardens and have every convenience in life. The criminals run the prisons and it is a Training Academy for more and more violet crime. It solves NOTHING.

that is purely just a rash statement!... you have nothing to go on there at all.... you watch to much TV

The repeat and the Violet Criminals need to be Executed and permanently remove from society and NOT be given a life of luxury at the public's/Governments' expense

I agree there needs to be a different ... special prison for the repeat VIOLENT criminals.... maybe even "hard time"

We can not Financially or Morally continue to pat them on their back's and send them back into society to *******, ******* and Rob again and again.

not sure where you are getting the financially morally support them....we give them nothing when they do get out..... except having to report a couple times a month to a probation officer... we do not support them in any way..... again some of it goes back to the economy and wanting a chance and it just isn't there!
I do agree there is no excuse of any kind for some crimes and do belong behind bars... and a different prison for repeat offenders.... a lot of the prison problems are our own creation... you give some kid prison time for pot use.... where do you think he gets his Guidance from there on

I have a friend and his ******* was caught with a bunch of pot when he was 18... given a year in jail... got out came home... now has a family and *******.... and still if he gets stopped for anything and his record comes up he is searched his car searched and etc... he lives in Iowa.... and apparently up there you lic plate somehow shows if you have served time or not... and you need to pay extra attention... could go more into detail on that also... but you hear about the repeat offenders... how many are repeat offenders over some bullshit thing from the police?

and then you could go into the percentage of blacks in prison.... you don't think there is just a little bias there do you?
again that goes back to the economy.... can't remember what city it was last summer and all the rioting.... but one kid killed... young kid..... and the mom crying that he had been out of work so long and finally got a job and was to start work that Monday

bottom line is when the economy is down the crime goes up!... less people working less people paying taxes... more in prison... the more tax burden on those that work!

it goes back to taxes and etc... when Ike was pres companies were ****** to pay 90% in taxes... they didn't have to pay that in taxes IF they expanded their company or used the money to help grow the economy.... now they pay ..not much in taxes... and use the money they now get to invest overseas or in themselves or just "hide" the money.... if we were to take things back to the days of "Ike' and make them invest the money here... jobs expanding their company etc... instead of letting them take the money and put it elsewhere..... would be a start....but now they have to many loop holes to hide the money.... GREED!

ALL of it hinges on the economy!

Last edited:
Back