Allowing teachers to ccw

Alanm

Male
Gold Member
From
PA, US
While i am all for protecting our children at school i am not sure i favor Teachers being the ones to do it. I am kinda torn on that one. From what i have read a teacher would recieve between 40 and 80 hrs of traing then be allowed to ccw.

To me i would prefer school districts hire armed security or Police officers on duty or off to protect the schools.

I am not talking about regular armed security guards but former military or retired police officers who have a deeper knowledge of weapons and tactics. not that a teacher could not be effective but i think having a teacher who has never fired a gun given 1 or 2 weeks training and now has to potentially face an armed threat is asking a lot.

My school district has at least one municipal police officer on campus at all times.

I would love to see at least 1 or 2 full time officers paid by the district at every school full time. i realize that costs money but really no more than the cost of one or two teachers and i think it would relieve teachers of that responsibility. Its unfortunate that is where we are as a society but it is.

Curious what everyone thinks.

holy *******.... we agree on something

they passed some special law here to allow teachers to be armed.... fucking crazy!
someone who knows nothing about a gun... probably more scared than the *******... and that person is the savior?????

Last edited:

they passed some special law here to allow teachers to be armed.... fucking crazy!
someone who knows nothing about a gun... probably more scared than the *******... and that person is the savior?????

Hahahaha......apparently we do agree on something. I am not saying there are not teachers out there who are very experienced with guns because there are.....i know of one myself who i would totally trust but i would say the majority are not like that and anyone under the stress of a situation like that is only going to be as effective as their training and 1 or 2 weeks with a gun is not enough, especially if they are not a person who shoots a lot and doesnt practice with that gun.

What we need is retired navy seals or other special forces protecting the schools...lol

It is not about how to carry a weapon; it is about the emotional stability and trustworthiness of the one carrying it. As a general rule, I would expect the review and certification process for a teacher wanting a lifelong career with children to be better than a temporary security guard wanting a part time job until retirement.

It is not about how to carry a weapon; it is about the emotional stability and trustworthiness of the one carrying it. As a general rule, I would expect the review and certification process for a teacher wanting a lifelong career with children to be better than a temporary security guard wanting a part time job until retirement.

I agree but it also about the ability of the one carrying the firearm and teachers are there to teach, i dont advocate a temporary security guard....far from it. i want a professional who has had a career in law enforcement or the military and has the skills to do the job. Are most teachers going to take the time on the range to be competant with their weapon...maybe but maybe not.

Explain to me how federal employees are the only ones that can handle a gun? Enlighten me please. Lmao...... Just so you know cops practice firing ball ammo to a silhouette. You can do that too. Oh brother

Explain to me how federal employees are the only ones that can handle a gun? Enlighten me please. Lmao...... Just so you know cops practice firing ball ammo to a silhouette. You can do that too. Oh brother

I agree....in fact a lot of the most experienced gun people i know are civilian. I just dont think teachers ought to be the ones providing the security at a school. Not that a teacher couldnt do it i would juat prefer someone whose job is only to worry about who is comimg in the front door.

Can you walk and chew gum at the same time? Do you know how cops get certified to fire a gun? Lol

Its not about how qualified one is. i think the point is teachers have enough ******* to do and making one of them to confront active shooter situations should not be part of their job....

I agree....in fact a lot of the most experienced gun people i know are civilian. I just dont think teachers ought to be the ones providing the security at a school. Not that a teacher couldnt do it i would juat prefer someone whose job is only to worry about who is comimg in the front door.
Let me tell you. I'm Mexican. In my country we can not own guns. So everyone lives at the mercy of criminals etc. So please be careful what you wish for because you might get burned.

Let me tell you. I'm Mexican. In my country we can not own guns. So everyone lives at the mercy of criminals etc. So please be careful what you wish for because you might get burned.

I am not advocating not having guns in school. I am very much for armed security in every school. I just prefer someone whose only job is protecting the children being the one facing the potential active shooter. Our local school has one full time police officer from the municipal police ******* on campus all day long. I think that is better idea but i would prefer 2, so they can cover more area.

Back