Allowing teachers to ccw

Our rescource officer is a full time police officer..the problemnis he is one guy covering 4 schools, i have no problem with teachers being allowed to carry if they want but my problem is if they can carry then ccp holders should be allowed to. Lets be honest this "training" they recieve is not all that in depth, its not like they are being sent to the FLETC in Virginia to spend 6 months of training.
We have one resource officer per high school up here and one for both of the middle schools. Maybe they should consider different levels of conceal carry where the basic ones get the training they have now and in order to get one to carry in schools and other areas requires you to seek advance training.

We have one resource officer per high school up here and one for both of the middle schools. Maybe they should consider different levels of conceal carry where the basic ones get the training they have now and in order to get one to carry in schools and other areas requires you to seek advance training.

Or maybe they should just allow ccp holders to carry on school grounds.

Frankly the conceal carry permit is a joke when it comes to be able to carry where u want. Cant carry on public school grounds, many colleges dont allow it either. Cant carry in a federal building or courthouse. Cant carry in a post office, cant carry in a sporting event. I mean wtf is the point then. Yeah you can carry as long as your not going anywhere important. I want to be able to carry anywhere in any state. I woukd be willing to go to.some BS training the gov. Would offer if they would have a national carry permit.

giphy.gif

While i am all for protecting our children at school i am not sure i favor Teachers being the ones to do it. I am kinda torn on that one. From what i have read a teacher would recieve between 40 and 80 hrs of traing then be allowed to ccw.

To me i would prefer school districts hire armed security or Police officers on duty or off to protect the schools.

I am not talking about regular armed security guards but former military or retired police officers who have a deeper knowledge of weapons and tactics. not that a teacher could not be effective but i think having a teacher who has never fired a gun given 1 or 2 weeks training and now has to potentially face an armed threat is asking a lot.

My school district has at least one municipal police officer on campus at all times.

I would love to see at least 1 or 2 full time officers paid by the district at every school full time. i realize that costs money but really no more than the cost of one or two teachers and i think it would relieve teachers of that responsibility. Its unfortunate that is where we are as a society but it is.

Curious what everyone thinks.

If this were law, me and my colleagues would be in jail awaiting trial for ******* or attempted *******.

I OC & CC in many states while riding , gun free zones ******* people (GFZ) all citizens should be allowed to carry , I am trained and have permits to carry in approx. 40 states .
I have the right to protect my family and we have a responsibility to protect our ******* in schools .
A good guy with a gun can and have saved many people in the US alone , just the media does not report it much .

A good guy with a gun can and have saved many people in the US alone

not a lot of facts on that!
after all look at the texas shooting... all kinds of people running around with guns... mostly running AWAY.... confused the police trying to do the job.... not knowing who was who....I know a lot of people with guns... and good shots.... but not sure I would want them doing anything in the way of protecting me.... hell there is even some cops that aren't worth a ******* for back-up!
even some of these "trained" people are a little flacky.... even in the army when the ******* starts.... you don't know how some of the new guys will react.... some of them will freeze!

not a lot of facts on that!
after all look at the texas shooting... all kinds of people running around with guns... mostly running AWAY.... confused the police trying to do the job.... not knowing who was who....I know a lot of people with guns... and good shots.... but not sure I would want them doing anything in the way of protecting me.... hell there is even some cops that aren't worth a ******* for back-up!
even some of these "trained" people are a little flacky.... even in the army when the ******* starts.... you don't know how some of the new guys will react.... some of them will freeze!

Okay these are 11 cases in one report , many more if you need . They don't normally get reported because the media would have you believe guns are bad and scary . http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/good-guy-gun-stopped-bad-guy-gun/?page=2

I am a big 2A guy believe we all have the right to protect ourselves and families , many people that carry will move or avoid but others will stay and fight .
Just had a police officer in one state that was being beaten and was going to die , but a citizen got out of his car and killed the Bad Guy saving the police officer .

Bad things happen with Bats - knives - cars - trucks - pills and just about any other man made object . Guns are safe and guns are our right .
I will provide further information if it helps deliver the message .

I am a big 2A guy believe we all have the right to protect ourselves and families , many people that carry will move or avoid but others will stay and fight .
Just had a police officer in one state that was being beaten and was going to die , but a citizen got out of his car and killed the Bad Guy saving the police officer .

Bad things happen with Bats - knives - cars - trucks - pills and just about any other man made object . Guns are safe and guns are our right .
I will provide further information if it helps deliver the message .

what message..... I am not going to argue any of that... I agree with you... on most of it.....all I was trying to say is there are a lot of people out there with guns.... that I would rather NOT have around!
just because you carry a gun legally or whatever and know how to shoot DOES not mean you can handle yourself in some situations.... and the example I stated about the Texas thing is proof!
I read about the guy saving the police officer... Great!... and I'm sure there are more..... but I'm also sure there are others where the guy was just in the way or created problems... doubt there are stats on that
don't want to tell stories or get into anything but I have seen some in the military freeze... and they were trained....my point is ... not everyone with a gun... and a good shot... is an asset!

what message..... I am not going to argue any of that... I agree with you... on most of it.....all I was trying to say is there are a lot of people out there with guns.... that I would rather NOT have around!
just because you carry a gun legally or whatever and know how to shoot DOES not mean you can handle yourself in some situations.... and the example I stated about the Texas thing is proof!
I read about the guy saving the police officer... Great!... and I'm sure there are more..... but I'm also sure there are others where the guy was just in the way or created problems... doubt there are stats on that
don't want to tell stories or get into anything but I have seen some in the military freeze... and they were trained....my point is ... not everyone with a gun... and a good shot... is an asset!

Of course not everyone with a gun is going to be an asset....so we should just not allow people to have guns and carry because of a few people. Not everyone is a Navy Seal but they dont need to be. I will take the chance of having a good guy with a gun next to me when something bad happens as opposed to someone without.

Back