Keeping fit

Hey guys I've utilized this workout. Give it a try it's awesome. Modify it, so it works for you.
Complete blocks 1-3, 3 times
Warm-up
Movements (Dynamic Stretching) - 5 min

Block 1
Smurf Jacks -1min
10sec
180 Squat Jumps -1min
10sec
Ice Skaters -1min
10sec
Squat Thrusters -1min
10sec

Block 2
Bird Dogs -1min
10sec
V Ups -1min
10sec
Russian Twist -1min
10sec
Flutter Kicks -1min
10sec

Block 3
Staggered Push-Up Left Hand -1min
10sec
Staggered Push-Up Right Hand -1min
10sec
Shoulder Taps -1min
10sec
Push-Up Walk Out -1min
10sec

In January, I started a program that involved daily meditation and yoga. Sometimes it was a little as 15 to 20 minutes of yoga, but several days a week it was an hour. By the beginning of February, like 9 or 10 weeks after I started, I had lost 25 lbs.!

This is very interesting. A similar experience was shared by a regular to my class a few years back. She used to come almost every time. One night, after class was done, she told me how much she loved it and said that it helped her to lose 15 pounds.

Can't remember my reaction, but it's always good to receive positive feedback! If somebody returns, she's got to be getting something from it. Anyway, it got me thinking about how this was possible. Unless it's power or hot yoga, there's not a lot of fat-burning, as it's not an aerobic activity. My thinking was that it helps with food choices and twisting poses can aid the digestive process. It's really quite amazing that it had this effect!

This is very interesting. A similar experience was shared by a regular to my class a few years back. She used to come almost every time. One night, after class was done, she told me how much she loved it and said that it helped her to lose 15 pounds.

Can't remember my reaction, but it's always good to receive positive feedback! If somebody returns, she's got to be getting something from it. Anyway, it got me thinking about how this was possible. Unless it's power or hot yoga, there's not a lot of fat-burning, as it's not an aerobic activity. My thinking was that it helps with food choices and twisting poses can aid the digestive process. It's really quite amazing that it had this effect!
I do power yoga in a 90 degree room, so I do think there's some fat burning, but I think the reasons I've been getting in better shape are more holistic than that alone. Diet changes plus having more energy led to exercising more. For example, I started taking the stairs instead of the elevator at my office, which is on the 9th floor. I'm not going to the office these days, but I bike, hike, etc. What I miss most about yoga is the meditative, centering aspects and core strengthening. When I'm balanced, I notice feelings in my body more, and recognize where I can push myself to make positive changes. And when I'm strong and flexible, I'm less lazy and more into other forms of working out, if that makes sense. Still not as disciplined as I probably could be, but I make sure I don't fall off the wagon completely, so change continues to be positive and not negative.

Last edited:
Light cardio, resistant bands, calisthenics interested in trying yoga.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 8.28.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 8.28.08 AM.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 75
Back