Husband doesn't seem interested in sex

Could be a lot of things but also at that age men tend to begin shedding testosterone. Have him see his doctor and have his hormone levels checked. It sounds like my husband. he never lost interest in sex and was always ready, but he was working long hours and would always take a nasp or fall asleep watching TV or reading. I asked him and he said he just felt lethargic and run down. I urged him to go to his doctor and they found his Testosterone levels had dropped. They put him on a supplement, and it made all the difference in the world. It was like someone plugged him back in. Lots of energy and no more naps. It can't hurt. The other thing that comes to mind is is he still on pain medication or something? Maybe he got hooked during the rehab and pain management part and now he is secretly continuing. That could have a huge effect and explain the difference too.

All the guys are going to jump on this and tell you to cheat because they're only interested in getting their rocks off and not on you problem.

Just as females go through perimenopause and menopause, males do as well. Assuming your husband is about the same age as you, he's right in "that age". Add to it that he appears to have signs of mild depression and you have your situation.

As has been suggested, he needs to see a doctor. That's something that you have to approach him with gently but firmly. You love him, concerned for his health and well being, etc etc. With men and doctors you often have to treat them like they're a 6 year old kid.

Should that not work, then talk to your own doctor in detail. Good luck.
-Lucy-

Could be a lot of things but also at that age men tend to begin shedding testosterone. Have him see his doctor and have his hormone levels checked. It sounds like my husband. he never lost interest in sex and was always ready, but he was working long hours and would always take a nasp or fall asleep watching TV or reading. I asked him and he said he just felt lethargic and run down. I urged him to go to his doctor and they found his Testosterone levels had dropped. They put him on a supplement, and it made all the difference in the world. It was like someone plugged him back in. Lots of energy and no more naps. It can't hurt. The other thing that comes to mind is is he still on pain medication or something? Maybe he got hooked during the rehab and pain management part and now he is secretly continuing. That could have a huge effect and explain the difference too.
Thank you. I will talk to him some more!

All the guys are going to jump on this and tell you to cheat because they're only interested in getting their rocks off and not on you problem.

Just as females go through perimenopause and menopause, males do as well. Assuming your husband is about the same age as you, he's right in "that age". Add to it that he appears to have signs of mild depression and you have your situation.

As has been suggested, he needs to see a doctor. That's something that you have to approach him with gently but firmly. You love him, concerned for his health and well being, etc etc. With men and doctors you often have to treat them like they're a 6 year old kid.

Should that not work, then talk to your own doctor in detail. Good luck.
-Lucy-
Thanks for your input hon!

Lately, my 44 year old husband seems to have no interest in sex. He had surgery on his shoulder almost a year ago. He claims pain is the reason but it's been 11 months since the surgery. He does work kind of long hours but even after a 2-3 hour "nap" he is not energized for sex. We have had many kid free weekends and all we do is sit around. He used to say to me "find us someone to fuck." Not anymore. I am horny, all the time lately. There are some days all I can think about is a fat cock in my wet pussy and I even tell him straight up I am horny, yet he comes home, has dinner and promptly falls asleep on the couch. I thought maybe he was cheating but his routine has not changed, and his nephew now works with him so cheating would not be an option as they carpool together. I am frustrated and don't know what to do. I feel guilty asking to have a playdate instead of trying to entice him to fuck me but I am getting tired of always initiating things just to be turned down. I am too young to give sex up. I almost feel like cheating but I do not want the guilt. He is a good man. I just don't know how much more patience I can have for this situation.
Also, yes, I have talked to him about this, and he uses pain as his excuse or "You don't come to bed with me." He goes to bed very early and while that is true, there are many nights I go to bed with him, and nothing happens.
Plenty of able guys out there, have fun

Lately, my 44 year old husband seems to have no interest in sex. He had surgery on his shoulder almost a year ago. He claims pain is the reason but it's been 11 months since the surgery. He does work kind of long hours but even after a 2-3 hour "nap" he is not energized for sex. We have had many kid free weekends and all we do is sit around. He used to say to me "find us someone to fuck." Not anymore. I am horny, all the time lately. There are some days all I can think about is a fat cock in my wet pussy and I even tell him straight up I am horny, yet he comes home, has dinner and promptly falls asleep on the couch. I thought maybe he was cheating but his routine has not changed, and his nephew now works with him so cheating would not be an option as they carpool together. I am frustrated and don't know what to do. I feel guilty asking to have a playdate instead of trying to entice him to fuck me but I am getting tired of always initiating things just to be turned down. I am too young to give sex up. I almost feel like cheating but I do not want the guilt. He is a good man. I just don't know how much more patience I can have for this situation.
Also, yes, I have talked to him about this, and he uses pain as his excuse or "You don't come to bed with me." He goes to bed very early and while that is true, there are many nights I go to bed with him, and nothing happens.
Depression, stress, and at 44 could be low t setting in. TRT therapy might be something you all should look into.

Annie, what is the name of the supplement? Is it over the counter?

I will be over…….I will make your head spin………I want to feel the heat. Cheers

Sounds like he is going through the natural male change. Hormone levels drop and fast which in turn drops desire. If he is on pain meds for his shoulder that could contribute.
As him to get his hormone levels checked with his doctor. If they are low it will also explain needing more sleep as well as loss in muscle (hurt shoulder).

Last edited:
Back