Hate crime unit investigating anti-interracial marriage posters circulating in Ontario's Waterloo Region

Carl Franklin

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
From
Canada
the heterosexual blackman is under seige

KITCHENER -- Flyers condemning interracial marriage have been circulating in Ontario's Waterloo Region, and police say their hate crime unit is getting involved.

A photo of one of the flyers surfaced on social media earlier this week after they were reportedly mailed to people living around Wilfrid Laurier University.

They show a photo at the top of a white woman and a Black man smiling for the camera, but the text below alleges "negative consequences" of interracial marriage.

Cambridge residents Heather and Russel Preddie say that, while they don't deal with this sort of response to their relationship very often, it's not something new to them after being together for decades.

"It is hurtful, but you're taught very young that this will happen. You also taught yourself that you can expect it, that you have to have a certain response to it," Russel said.

"None of it is true, and I think that this person is either very ignorant or just trying to inflame people in this day and age," Heather told CTV.

Still, the couple said that the flyers are alarming because someone took action on their feelings.

"What the person is saying in that letter is, 'I hate you.' In short terms, it's: 'I hate you and I'm willing to do something about it,'" Russel said.

"That's why it's disturbing, because not only do they hate you, but they will do something about it."

In a response online, Kitchener Mayor Berry Vrbanovic said he had forwarded the posters to police, and asked for anyone who received one of them to come forward so that footage from security cameras nearby can be reviewed.

the heterosexual blackman is under seige

KITCHENER -- Flyers condemning interracial marriage have been circulating in Ontario's Waterloo Region, and police say their hate crime unit is getting involved.

A photo of one of the flyers surfaced on social media earlier this week after they were reportedly mailed to people living around Wilfrid Laurier University.

They show a photo at the top of a white woman and a Black man smiling for the camera, but the text below alleges "negative consequences" of interracial marriage.

Cambridge residents Heather and Russel Preddie say that, while they don't deal with this sort of response to their relationship very often, it's not something new to them after being together for decades.

"It is hurtful, but you're taught very young that this will happen. You also taught yourself that you can expect it, that you have to have a certain response to it," Russel said.

"None of it is true, and I think that this person is either very ignorant or just trying to inflame people in this day and age," Heather told CTV.

Still, the couple said that the flyers are alarming because someone took action on their feelings.

"What the person is saying in that letter is, 'I hate you.' In short terms, it's: 'I hate you and I'm willing to do something about it,'" Russel said.

"That's why it's disturbing, because not only do they hate you, but they will do something about it."

In a response online, Kitchener Mayor Berry Vrbanovic said he had forwarded the posters to police, and asked for anyone who received one of them to come forward so that footage from security cameras nearby can be reviewed.

The day I start policing another man's penis is the day I submit my Formal Resignation as a "MAN"....CHRIST

Why is expressing an opinion that interracial marriage is wrong a 'hate CRIME'? Why is that a crime? It's just an opinion.

Offending people is not a crime.

If it were, I would arrest all the fat chicks in yoga pants.

because they lead to incidents like this

https://fbatimes.com/2020/06/black-...is-ground-against-alleged-white-supremacists/

A Sharpsburg, Ga., Black man named William Marcus Wilson was charged with ******* last week in connection with the shooting death of a white woman named Haley Hutcheson in Statesboro.

According to several reports, Wilson was out with his white girlfriend, and Haley Hutcheson and her other white friends were allegedly racially harassing the couple by spewing out terms like “n-word lover.”

Reports go on to say that Wilson and his girlfriend got in their vehicle to leave to avoid further confrontation, but allegedly Hutcheson and her entourage of suspected white supremacists got in their car and followed the fleeing couple.

Witnesses said the mob that included Hutcheson allegedly tried to run the couple off the road, and that’s when Wilson, fearing for his life, stood his ground, and fired a warning shot from his car.

Hutchenson was fatally wounded from the alleged warning shot, and Wilson was ultimately charged with *******. The state of Georgia prides itself on being a Stand Your Ground state, but many people believe the white lawmakers pick and choose who is allowed to be protected under that law based on race

Well, I just said that I find fat chicks in yoga pants offensive. Are you going to blame me if someone goes out and kills a fat chick in yoga pants?

haha

By those standards, no one would be allowed to say anything anymore!

Well, I just said that I find fat chicks in yoga pants offensive. Are you going to blame me if someone goes out and kills a fat chick in yoga pants?

haha

By those standards, no one would be allowed to say anything anymore!
Hate speech is illegal in Canada. It isn't like the states where you're free to say any old ignorant thing that comes to mind with zero repercussions.

It's a legitimate offence, with jail time attached, to promote hate here.

Last edited:
Why is expressing an opinion that interracial marriage is wrong a 'hate CRIME'? Why is that a crime? It's just an opinion.

Offending people is not a crime.

If it were, I would arrest all the fat chicks in yoga pants.
Hate isn't an opinion it's a sickness.

But based off your post in here you probably don't have the brain cells let alone the compassion to process this...

Get your slippery slope and false equivalencies out of here.

Would this be considered hate speech?

This question is being asked in bad faith and you're being willfully ignorant about what hate speech is.

97393.jpg

Interesting avatar btw.

But anyway, Im not going to educate you or anyone else on this site. You're all grown. Go ahead and look up what hate speech is on your own time.

Something tells me you already know what it is.

Would this be considered hate speech?
Do you really not see the difference between pointing out when someone is full of ******* and saying dumbass nonsense and rallying against interracial relationships or saying women should be arrested for putting certain clothes on their bodies?

Back