• I'm for the Death Penalty

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • I'm against the Death Penalty

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
We
That logic may be ok if you don't have young ******* of your own, but the fact is, the NRA has spent more than practically any organization influencing the legislation on guns in Washington. How can we, as a government, seriously address the multi-facet problem of gun violence when there is so much money influencing bad legislation?

I'm a gun owner, but there are lots of things that can be done to cut the gun violence. Charlotte, NC has had 2 difference shootings this week in which young ******* (under 10 years of age) were killed. Our current gun laws are failing our *******. The hammer needs to come down on this crap ... just my opinion.

There will always be guns, and there are plenty of laws that aren't enforced. Mankind has been killing each other for thousands of years long before guns came about. Yes it's true guns can be more efficient but it will hardly put a dent in violent crime you merely have to look at the crime statistics per capita in England where guns are illegal. I would rather have the means to protect me and my family because there are just some rotten sick people out there. This is my opinion. This used to be a free country, if you don't like guns don't buy or own one. It is proven that ridiculous laws only make it difficult for law abiding citizens to pursue the means of self defense. Criminals do not follow the law because they are criminals. The problem is education and the failure to recognize and treat mental illness properly.

Death penalty only for extreme cases: baby *******, ******* with death, armed robbery with death and premeditated *******.

Gun control is an interesting proposition. I am curious as to how we are going to get the bad guys to turn in or register their fire arms. I have a concealed carry permit and if put in the situation have no issue putting a couple of rounds into someone. However I don't think the death penalty helps anything. I don't see any evidence that it prevents crime. and it has become obvious to me that not everyone executed was guilty

Yeah, what we need to do is put the criminals, who are on death row, in their own nice, state provided "single" cell, with access to unlimited color tv, access to a daily exercise room with all the equipment, endless buffet, and maybe even provide turn-down service in their cells with a nice, dark chocolate cream filled "thank you" on their pillow for being a nice prisoner, and for putting a round or two in an innocent victim & loved one who would have been productive to society. Maybe a daily masseuse service would be nice ... ALL at taxpayer expense, of course. Yeah, that's what we should do.
The death penalty probably could use a bit of tweaking, but most the SOBs that are on death row are there with 100% evidence and should be put to death within a year of their crimes. I say Fuck 'em and hope their deaths are as gruesome and painful as the ones they murdered.

Last edited:
Yeah, what we need to do is put the criminals, who are on death row, in their own nice, state provided "single" cell, with access to unlimited color tv, access to a daily exercise room with all the equipment, endless buffet, and maybe even provide turn-down service in their cells with a nice, dark chocolate cream filled "thank you" on their pillow for being a nice prisoner, and for putting a round or two in an innocent victim & loved one who would have been productive to society. Maybe a daily masseuse service would be nice ... ALL at taxpayer expense, of course. Yeah, that's what we should do.
The death penalty probably could use a bit of tweaking, but most the SOBs that are on death row are there with 100% evidence and should be put to death within a year of their crimes. I say Fuck 'em and hope their deaths are as gruesome and painful as the ones they murdered.
So you want their deaths to be as horrible or as gruesome as the crimes they committed? Then what exactly is the difference between you and them? China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq are the only countries in the world that execute more people than we do. Not countries that hold human rights in much regard

So you want their deaths to be as horrible or as gruesome as the crimes they committed? Then what exactly is the difference between you and them?
I've stated my position on the death penalty rather clearly here, if you care to go back and read it, or not. I do support the death penalty, contrary to many of my more liberal friends. When an innocent individual is ruthlessly murdered, I think of how I would feel if it was a family member of my own ... that tends to change a lot of opinion when its a member of your own family.

There's a ******* case that occurred in Florida about 6-8 years ago, and the visual imagery of that ******* has stuck in my head to the point that I have been unable to erase it. It was regarding a 9 year old girl who was abducted, raped, and murdered by a known *******. He plead a deal to avoid the death sentence. When authorities found her body, she had been buried alive, a plastic bag over her head, holding her teddy bear. You just imagine for a second that the little girl was YOUR little girl, and you tell this forum with a straight face that you would not want the death penalty for that man? You're the man walking around with a concealed ******* on your person, not me ... how would you want to handle that case if it was YOUR *******? I know how I'd want to handle it, and his wouldn't be a fast death, either. MAC

Last edited:
Gun control is an interesting proposition. I am curious as to how we are going to get the bad guys to turn in or register their fire arms. I have a concealed carry permit and if put in the situation have no issue putting a couple of rounds into someone. However I don't think the death penalty helps anything. I don't see any evidence that it prevents crime. and it has become obvious to me that not everyone executed was guilty
Appreciate the balanced approach you try and take. Respectfully disagree re automatic and semi-auto long guns; extra capacity loaders, etc. NO ONE outside of law enforcement needs to own such weapons. There is no purpose to them other than killing humans. Right of ******* to go to school or out for a burger without being slaughtered with these kinds of weapons outweighs any dubious claims of 2nd amendment infringement.

That said, I have zero issue with folks owning -- with training and permits -- shotguns and rifles.

Agnostic about handguns since crime data shows that they are often used in "crime of passion" homicides and suicides and are just as likely to be used by break-ins against owners as by owners against break-ins, but certainly am willing to listen to reasonable contrary views.

I've stated my position on the death penalty rather clearly here, if you care to go back and read it, or not. I do support the death penalty, contrary to many of my more liberal friends. When an innocent individual is ruthlessly murdered, I put how I would feel if it was a family member of my own ... that tends to change a lot of opinion when its a member of your own family.

There's a ******* case that occurred in Florida about 6-8 years ago, and the visual imagery of that ******* has stuck in my head to the point that I have been unable to erase it. It was regarding a 9 year old girl who was abducted, raped, and murdered by a known *******. He plead a deal to avoid the death sentence. When authorities found her body, she had been buried alive, holding her teddy bear. You just imagine for a second that the little girl was YOUR little girl, and you tell this forum with a straight face that you would not want the death penalty for that man? You're the man walking around with a concealed ******* on your person, not me ... how would you want to handle that case if it was YOUR *******? I know how I'd want to handle it, and his wouldn't be a fast death, either. MAC
If that was my ******* or ******* or grandchild that prick wouldn't be safe no matter where he went! The U.S. Army taught me to ******* before I went to Nam and I would damn sure take matters into my own hands.

I am for the death penalty. However the sentencing has to be right. If a person convicted admits and proclaims they are guilty then straight to the needle. If it's a conviction based on not so solid eve dense then life in prison will sufffice.

As for rapists, if you are a serial ******* or ******* then it's a straight to the needle. They are not going to change their ways by time served and by allowing them to ******* others in prison is also unjustified. So straight to the needle for them

Just my opinion

Pro (for) only in the following cases: ******* of children or ******* of adult woman with her death, armed robbery with death and premeditated *******.

The biggest hang-up on the death penalty is the method used to apply it. The whole purpose of the injection was to humanely apply the sentence. Now that method is being questioned due to the credibility of the application. Companies who produced the ******* used are withholding the ******* manufacturing. I've had the displeasure of putting down a couple family pets, and, I can attest to the fact that the injection given was fast and the pets did not suffer in the least by the lethal injection given them. So, I'm a bit mystified as to why the same injection can't apply to humans as well.

At any rate, I've also questioned why the guillotine isn't considered ... its fast, efficient, painless, and the imagined gore doesn't have to be witnessed. In fact, the law could give the sentenced party the option of having no room full of witnesses by agreeing to self-terming themselves.
gif_guillotine2.gif

The biggest hang-up on the death penalty is the method used to apply it. The whole purpose of the injection was to humanely apply the sentence. Now that method is being questioned due to the credibility of the application. Companies who produced the ******* used are withholding the ******* manufacturing. I've had the displeasure of putting down a couple family pets, and, I can attest to the fact that the injection given was fast and the pets did not suffer in the least by the lethal injection given them. So, I'm a bit mystified as to why the same injection can't apply to humans as well.

At any rate, I've also questioned why the guillotine isn't considered ... its fast, efficient, painless, and the imagined gore doesn't have to be witnessed. In fact, the law could give the sentenced party the option of having no room full of witnesses by agreeing to self-terming themselves.
View attachment 727236

See, that is one thing I just don't get. Many people who are pro death penalty are pro only if the guy getting the needle can be killed in a "humane" way. Hmmm. Humane way. The same humaneness the murderer showed his victims? The same way his victims could appeal the death penalty ruling for 20 years while getting free room and board on the back of the taxpayers?
If it is proven the criminal did it, like with irrefutable DNA evidence or when 20 witnesses all saw the guy do it, why should we pay for his appeals and room and board while he does appeal? If there is complete proof, fry em like a hot dog immediately after conviction.
If they don't have complete proof, then there should be appeals.

View attachment 727236

That's a good question, I would have to guess that whatever is used to put down an ******* isn't strong enough to be used on humans. But you do make a good point.

That's a good question, I would have to guess that whatever is used to put down an ******* isn't strong enough to be used on humans. But you do make a good point.
Can you say P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S? Everything is about partisan politics now, and unfortunately, this one is on the liberals. One area I feel strongly about. I still, to this day, recall that little girl in Florida that was raped and killed by a known ******* (who should have been in jail) and avoided the death penalty by instructing them where her body was ... she was found in a shallow grave, a plastic bag over her head, and holding her teddy bear. If it was my *******, I don't believe even GOD could stop me from getting to him.

Can you say P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S? Everything is about partisan politics now, and unfortunately, this one is on the liberals. One area I feel strongly about. I still, to this day, recall that little girl in Florida that was raped and killed by a known ******* (who should have been in jail) and avoided the death penalty by instructing them where her body was ... she was found in a shallow grave, a plastic bag over her head, and holding her teddy bear. If it was my *******, I don't believe even GOD could stop me from getting to him.

I remember that case as well. If the state can't execute them, put them in GenPop and let the other savages mete out their own version of justice.

I live in a no death penalty state, thanks to our ******* heart liberal state legislature. They gave all kinds of high-minded speeches about the moral indignation of the death penalty and how it is unfairly applied, and they all patted themselves on the back when it was abolished. Not long after, a subhuman kidnapped his ******* from the baby's mom and threw her off a bridge into a river where she drowned. The guy got life with no parole and laughed about it in court.

You should take a look at what the costs are before the inmate is executed. The appeal process is long and expensive. It is cheaper just to lock them up for life. If they are locked up for life at least they are alive if it is shown at a later time they are innocent. Despite all the appeals and other complications it is a good bet we have executed some innocent people. You want their deaths to be gruesome and painful as the ones they murdered. Tell me then what is the difference between you and people you want executed.

Back