Death Penalty: For or Against

• I'm for the Death Penalty

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • I'm against the Death Penalty

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 6.2%

• Total voters
Google Kenneth McDuff. He was put on death row in the 60's. Then it was abolished so he went to Life in prison. Some where along the line somebody thought he paid his debt and was released. So malizia, why don't you go explain to the families of his next 7 to 9 women he murdered after being released because they would still be alive today if he was executed the first time when he should have been.

Google Kenneth McDuff. He was put on death row in the 60's. Then it was abolished so he went to Life in prison. Some where along the line somebody thought he paid his debt and was released. So malizia, why don't you go explain to the families of his next 7 to 9 women he murdered after being released because they would still be alive today if he was executed the first time when he should have been.
And please don't tell me that was god's plan.

That happened here in Texas. Thank god they finally executed that scum McDuff.

...and if the state gets it wrong and executes the wrong man? Does the investigating officer, prosecutor or jury get killed?

And please don't tell me that was god's plan.
What are u saying man?. ******* a man who someone judge to be killed is barbaric. In ancient times there was the law of retaliation. To be in a civil society means that the state must protect us not killing us. Otherwise you live in the far west. Buy a gun and make justice for yourself. In Europe we don't have it and we don't feel less safe than u. And just for answer to your comment if u ******* someone the women murdered don't come back. U don't recognize difference between revenge and justice.

This is a difficult topic to address, due to the many variations of a crime. Also, being black, and older, I have a slightly different perspective. There have been numerous errors, with the wrong man convicted for a crime he didn't commit. Yet there's also crimes so heinous, that only death will suffice.

I'm 100% for the death penalty.

People like to say that the death penalty is not a deterrent, but I know this: 100% of those executed did not go on to commit other crimes.

And, as expressed previously in this thread, is the fear that the wrong person could be executed. There have been numerous examples of people on death row who have had their convictions overturned. Capital Punishment, as it is practiced in those American states where it is on the books, has layers upon layers of appeals that gives the condemned, if they are truly innocent, a chance to be exonerated. Even a person who waives their appeals and wants to be executed will wait anywhere from 10-20 years before they get their wish.

Back