Can you be a Christian and have afairs outside the mariage.

Joseph and Mary had Jesus. New testament! Old testament for told the coming of Christ / hence CHRISTians and the Jews did not believe Christ was the ******* of GOD. Old testament was the law. The Jews killed Jesus for that reason and not the Romans! Pialat did not want to crucify Jesus and that's why he offered up Barnsbus.
Think a lot of these facts are in dispute not least from a reading of the sources in the Christian new testament canon itself.
And then once you start going outside of those sources and start checking out historical analysis of the origins of Christianity then that take gets even harder to sustain. Not to mention that even the church tries to downplay the 'Jews killed Christ' narrative due to its associations with driving antisemitism in Europe.

.... Now as a person who has studied world religions ,I personally think the abrahamic religions are full of *******. Designed by men for men,and when they spread outside the middle East the world became bipolar not healthy.
......If you have issues with the Abrahamic religions, then you have issues with not only Christianity, but with Judaism and Islam. I imagine you may be speaking more of Christianity since it is the one that focuses more on Incarnation, the Resurrection, and the Trinity.
.....Most of us, here, simply wish to answer the o-p's question regarding her concern of being a Christian and having affairs (adultery) while married. Both the Old & New Testiments talk about the sin of adultery, but its important to note that the old testament was written by men in preparation of the coming of Christ ... the new testament was God's words through Jesus.

......If you have issues with the Abrahamic religions, then you have issues with not only Christianity, but with Judaism and Islam. I imagine you may be speaking more of Christianity since it is the one that focuses more on Incarnation, the Resurrection, and the Trinity.
.....Most of us, here, simply wish to answer the o-p's question regarding her concern of being a Christian and having affairs (adultery) while married. Both the Old & New Testiments talk about the sin of adultery, but its important to note that the old testament was written by men in preparation of the coming of Christ ... the new testament was God's words through Jesus.
Well I didn't know I needed to Taylor my answers to your tastes. The OP did not have a problem with my answer so why should you? And you are wrong,I have issues with all male patriarchal religions not just Christianity.

It depends on how strongly you believe in and follow the Bible, Stride. If you follow the Bible strictly, God is pretty clear that he does not like Adultery. Can a Christian do it? Sure they can, but I don't think that was the question. Everyone is capable of doing it. I think the OP was more concerned with what the eternal results of committing adultery would be.
If that's what he meant by the question, then he either asked it wrong or maybe I read it wrong. I would think that "You can be a 'Christian' and have affairs." Is it a "Christian" thing to do? I would think not and a lot of "Christians" who are devoted may not do that. But Christians are not a monolithic group. Some Christians, yes even the ones who claim to be extremely devoted are not monolithic when it comes to values they uphold. Some people who are supposedly "very religious" do very not-religious things - yes, sexual things too. So the answer is still "Yes, they can." If the question was whether or not affairs are acceptable to the tenets or values of Christianity, then I think it obvious "No" as most organized religions would frown on it.

Pleace tell me can you be a Christian and have afiars with other people
let's look at the Bible ...in the old testament, men were permitted multiple wives, slaves and kings, concubines.. Abraham trtade his wife on more than one ocassion, out of fear, and for favor with the local ruler. God intervened when He became serious about starting the Hebrew nation. David who had multiple wives, also took one of his soldier's wives..but it was his deciet and ******* of that soldier that caused God's judgement on him..yet, with all that..He was called by God Himself, "a man after God's own heart".
In the New Testament, Jesus said "bishops" or church officials should be the husband of one wife, representing that being a church official had a specific rule to live by. He also said, "Love thy neighbor as thyself". ..and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". ..He also forgave a sinner, and told a woman to go and sin no more when she was tramping around with multiple ******* from mutliple dads. He never judged the woman.He forgave her
...in the OT, women were treated as property, and the man was given dispensation regarding wives actions.
...in the new, Jesus new condemned sex...some of the Apostles spoke to debauchery, however with regard to changing lives.
I do not believe that God, who created sex, has issues with it, however has alot of issues with the issue of "Adultery" which includes deceit, lying, mistrust,...all diametrically the opposite of what was taught on the S/mount. If you communicating with your spouse agree, and it isn't ******* or what your gut tells you is "sin"...(remember Paul's letter speaking to his "freedom" in Christ)...1corinthians 6: 12All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable."
if you agree, do what you want...never lie..alwasy comunicate

Interesting topic honestly. But I guess it would depend on which Christian you are. Like a Trinitarian, a Unitarian, deist, or Christian atheist (guys who like The historical Jesus, new age thing mostly fundamentalist who found science lol) at that point some yes. Some no.

I'm atheist but I've to tell you the truth: if you are a "real" (supposing that a real Christian is alive) Christian you should have sex at all until marriage and if you're already married you should have sex only with your wife or husband

.....Benna van den Berg, if you're not a Christian, you shouldn't have a concern. The Ten Commandments, of the Old Testaments, which the seventh specifically addresses adultery.
The world's full of Sunday morning Christians, however, so don't feel like you're alone here. :p

Probably. There are lots of interpretations of Christianity. The Center for the Study of Global Christianity reported that as of 2012 there were over 43,000 denominations worldwide. Going back to 1900 there was over 1,600 recognized denominations. None of these are in complete agreement on scripture and it's interpretation. So it is likely that somewhere among all those denominations there is one that is OK with you having affairs. One of the problems with faith that is not unique to Christianity is that most people think that what they believe is right and what other denominations and faiths believe is wrong.

Joseph and Mary had Jesus. New testament! Old testament for told the coming of Christ / hence CHRISTians and the Jews did not believe Christ was the ******* of GOD. Old testament was the law. The Jews killed Jesus for that reason and not the Romans! Pialat did not want to crucify Jesus and that's why he offered up Barnsbus.[/QU
The death and suffering of Christ is the hinge pin that Christianity rests on. I have heard any number of times from Jewish people that they felt Christians hated or were biased against them because Jews crucified Jesus. But without the crucifixion the Christian faith wouldn't exist. So I would imagine from a Christian point of view they would be grateful not angry for the crucifixion. I am an atheist so it doesn't bother me one way or the other.

I met my first wife in church a very nice girl so we got married, 4 yrs later she was the town's biggest slut screwing both single and married men many affairs.

My Christian friends have told me what my husband I do in our marriage is wrong, so I would say yes. ;)
when it comes to you and hubby, should your Christian friends really be "judging" your marriage? As I always tell the wife, theres a reason they go to church, to GET something...and it's not because they are perfect...I'd be proud to have a Christian friend like you

I'm atheist but I've to tell you the truth: if you are a "real" (supposing that a real Christian is alive) Christian you should have sex at all until marriage and if you're already married you should have sex only with your wife or husband
well, first I don't believe you are a true athiest..as there would be no moral conscious, and all situations are defined by whatever "feels good" at the time. No God, no basis of right or wrong, then why SHOULDN'T they have sex with anyone whenever they feel like it? If there is no ultimate authority that has given a moral code..see? ur not an athiest

If only more Christians were as honest and real as hotwife/hubbyies, there would be alot less pent up frustration, and adultery..there would be no NEED for it..

oh wait, let me tell you about my experience...been a CHristian for years...have absolutely NO problem with wife sharing..that said..had a Christian friend that I knew(his wife told my wife) that he was trolling a particular site...and actually saw a pic of his wife that he'd posted. (no she did not know)SO, to open things up, I write this REALLY good wife sharing story starring him and her, using their names, and dropping hints that he would know...KNOWING he'd see it. He does, then brags to his church men's group. Rather than actually getting to bed my wife, which I actually was warming her up to, he gets little to nothing in return. Not only that, I get to watch church men tripping over themselves flirting with and hitting on my wife ...so instead of schtuppin, he got nuttin!

Im a born again Christian but when my black lovers call I go to them and I make passionate love to them!I leave my husbands bed and I run to my lovers arms and they fuck me hard and deep and I become one with them like the bible says,outside my marriage and I get off on whorring myself to my lovers!I love to feel them cum inside me!

Of course!

Faith is a personal matter. In particular, you don`t need a community of faith or a church to believe.

However, once you decide to be part of such a community it is because you feel its believes and rules are right and you want to incorporate them. You can`t just say, "Well, i am this or that but i think what they say is wrong." ImO that would not make sense.

So, once you are part of a (Christian) faith community, i think it`s best described as follows...
christian.png
However noone automatically ends being Christian just because they`ve sinned. ;)

... but her question was "Can you be a Christian and have affairs outside the marriage"

Believing in Christianity and being a Christian are two entirely different things. I assume that since the question was asked in this way, with a concern of having sex outside one's marriage, the main concern is regarding "Going To Heaven & Eternal Life". Otherwise, what's the point of any religion if the ultimate goal isn't heaven and man's vanity with eternal life? The Christian faith says there are 3 things one must do to get to heaven:
#1: Baptism ... #2: Confirmation ... #3: Disciple of God's words
Not meaning to prolong this discussion, but a good place of reference is the book of JOHN in the New Testiment, which reflects the teachings/words of Christ. In fact, the New Testament is pretty much where to go, for the Christian faith, period.
Some quick references: John 3:3, John 3:16, John 14:21-23, and Romans 3:23

Last edited:
Back