Can you be a Christian and have afairs outside the mariage.

I'm telling you guys it all depends on what Christian you are there's over 30,000 denominations lol beliefs vary
Then maybe it would be appropriate to ask the O-P which of the "30,000 denominations" of Christian she is. And while we wait for her response to that, why not enlighten the forum with what those 30,000 denominations of Christians are ... some form of documentation would be nice.
That'd be nice ... frankly I'd be really interested.
gif_Yellowball-salivating.gif
This is pretty much detail, but I can't see 30,000 anywhere close ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

Last edited:
... but her question was "Can you be a Christian and have affairs outside the marriage"

(...)
Still i say one can be Christian and sin. Otherwise, what would be the use of confessing one`s sins anyway? ;)
I'm telling you guys it all depends on what Christian you are there's over 30,000 denominations lol beliefs vary
Not sure about the thirty thousand but there are some different that come to mind. Like Catholic, Protestant, Evangelist, Orthodox Chritians and Copts, for instance. Some of those have more than one organisational structure and can be seen as different denominations within their group, so there are actually many. To this i agree.

Yet i don`t think there is one that doesn`t condemn adultery as a sin. :unsure: But i am not averse to learning. So would you please name one...?

According to the bibel you should be killed and then go to hell and be tortured with fire for all eternity if you have extramarital sex.
God loves you.

(seriously, just read the book)

According to the bibel you should be killed and then go to hell and be tortured with fire for all eternity if you have extramarital sex.
God loves you.

(seriously, just read the book)
stop..read the book, it has all sorts of references to sex, including sarah being traded twice by Abe, Rachel getting kidnapped by rowdies, men having slaves, kings having them and concubines. even david took a housewife, and the problems didn't begin until he had the hubby killed. Woemn were treated as property, and as long as men were compensated it was ok. God isn't anti-sex, he's anti-deciet and antihate, and anti killing..

I'm A Spiritual Human Being And Believe In God...I Can Tell You Without A Doubt...If The People In Control Of The Religious Institutions Followed Word For Word The Text They Preach... Nobody Would Be Getting Into Heaven...And The Line To Hell Would Circle The Earth Then Some... Interesting Perspective From All Post...Thanks For Sharing!

Dont know about christians but i am pagan and i never cheated on my husband because i saw it as a major wrongness. However i did marry him only for his money and later divorced and i saw that as a minor wrongness. I had been with one black guy before marriage.

We are christian. I would not say very devout, but we regularly visit church and follow the rules and traditions. This does not prevent us from playing around. Our general belief is that marriage must be built on trust and respect. Lying and cheating is unacceptable. So, we never cheat. We are honest with each other in everything, including sex. If ever we had sex outside our bedroom, we'd come clean and tell each other - this actually boosted our sex life a lot. Cuckolding came into our life at a later stage, when my our sexual stength was waning, and my dear wife still wanted more. In no way we are less christians in spite of our open sexual life.

Which version of the bible do you read, IntegratedWife, that condones adultery?
You might be a believer in Christianity, and you might have even been baptized and "born again" at some point, but if you're married and having sex & children with men, other than your husband, you're not a Christian. It might be time to pull out and dust off your King James, or your Ignatius, and read: (Matthews 5:28-29)

a·dul·ter·y (noun): voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

No use ending up in hell and not understanding why you're there, right? :p
As a Christian myself this verse of the Bible puzzles me? As it contradicts the general theme of not having sex outside of marriage: Can any find any fault against Hosea 1:2??? It states:

Hosea’s Wife and Children
2 When the Lord began to speak through Hosea, the Lord said to him, “Go, marry a promiscuous woman and have children with her, for like an adulterous wife this land is guilty of unfaithfulness to the Lord.” 3 So he married Gomer ******* of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a *******.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back