Bareback, Hot or Not?

One of my very dear friends from univ is HIV positive, and has been for several years. I value his opinion greatly. If I ever had to tell him that I had been reckless and was now positive as well, the look in his eyes would shatter me. Trust me, HIV may no longer mean a certain death sentence in the near future, but it's no fun to live with, from what I hear from him.

If me asking a guy to use a condom, to be safe, would be a deal-breaker for him, then I wouldn't want to be with him anyway. Sex might be fantastic, but even the greatest sex isn't worth your health and well-being. Once trust is earned, on both sides, then fine. But that isn't instantaneous.
It's so nice for someone on here to actually write with common sense and reality on a subject that needs to move past the fantasy like so many do on here. Health and safety always comes first as it should and I'd never be with a man who says he never uses condoms and is really that reckless. STIs are not overstated and many people actually have something that they are not aware of as they are asymptomatic. Testing once or twice a year will only tell you what you already have, not prevent getting something, and that is only if you are fully tested for many different things that includes ******* work and urine samples.

Problem is most things you do for fun carry an element of risk. Ive been on sun beds in past and love sunbathing- risk of cancer, i like to ******* -risk of liver and heart disease, nice food- heart disease and diabetes etc, smoke (i dont but just for example) -lung cancer etc. we all know the risks but in the end wouldnt do anything just to be safe! Like everything else, do it in moderation and you lower the risk, but it is still a risk.
Your analogy to gettgetting HIV or hepatitis B or C, or herpes, or many other STIs is flawed. You only have to have unprotected sex once with someone who has something to catch it. Eating a cheeseburger, tannin occasionally, or having an alcoholic ******* is not going to result in those problems from one time or even multiple times, especially if done in moderation and properly monitored. Do you really want to risk HIV or hepatitis C or even syphilis from careless behavior?being prudent and making smart decisions is better than the alternative.

I will put it like this, if you want to play bare with me, you need only bring either a free health dept HIV test, or an instant HIV test. Seems like a simple enough request to me.
By the way, depending on someone's level of sexual activity, and the timing of their HIV testing (or any other testing for that matter), a person can still be infected and come back with a negative test result..... It's called the"window" period where someone is infected and can pass on the STI but the STI does not yet show in the test results. The only way to be sure is to know the persons sexual activity with others after their testing and have them tested again after the window period for a specific STI or disease.

Back