Which do you prefer, one nighter's or deep friendships?

Its not easy finding long term though is it and if you do how do you know the person is right?
When it's right, you'll want not only the sex, but to be with that person, too. The conversation will come easily as you get to know the woman/couple. You'll care more about getting together than just getting your nut and leaving. With a one nighter you can't visit every "port of call" in one night. Long term, you build the relationship, gain trust and feel more open about discussing the most intimate parts of the relationship and even trying new things that you've never done before. No, it's not easy finding the right woman/couple. But once you do find that the vibes are right and the trust is there, you'll feel an added sense of enjoyment from not having to "start from scratch" each time you meet.

A couple regulars is ideal. The mix is nice and I love the connection that develops as you get more and more in tune with each other. As my husband says “the third time is the charm” as that is usually the time I completely surrender to them lol. However, there is one guy I can’t resist but fortunately, in a way, he live too far away for me to get to obsessed with. But that once or twice a year we get together our connection is always explosive (in the best of ways).

When it's right, you'll want not only the sex, but to be with that person, too. The conversation will come easily as you get to know the woman/couple. You'll care more about getting together than just getting your nut and leaving. With a one nighter you can't visit every "port of call" in one night. Long term, you build the relationship, gain trust and feel more open about discussing the most intimate parts of the relationship and even trying new things that you've never done before. No, it's not easy finding the right woman/couple. But once you do find that the vibes are right and the trust is there, you'll feel an added sense of enjoyment from not having to "start from scratch" each time you meet.

That really is a nice explanation, thanks for taking the time to write this. Does it take time to get to that point? How do you or others do this with friends and family?

Serious question....Do most women/couples prefer quick, one or two time relationships, or do you prefer a relationship that may take time to cultivate, but lasts for months or years? No right or wrong answers, but since I lean heavily towards growing a relationship, just want to see if I'm out of the mainstream.
"Deep" intimate relationships.

That really is a nice explanation, thanks for taking the time to write this. Does it take time to get to that point? How do you or others do this with friends and family?
I've had two good FWB's. Both lasted a good 3-4 years. The first was a couple I met through a swinger magazine (remember magazines?) It was like a fantasy story that you read and say, "nah, didn't really happen." I'll PM you. Point being, it's part luck, part having an open mind, and the most important part is patience! Doesn't happen that often, and you'll need the patience.

I've had two good FWB's. Both lasted a good 3-4 years. The first was a couple I met through a swinger magazine (remember magazines?) It was like a fantasy story that you read and say, "nah, didn't really happen." I'll PM you. Point being, it's part luck, part having an open mind, and the most important part is patience! Doesn't happen that often, and you'll need the patience.

Ok thanks would be nice to know more about how this works.

i definitely prefer deep, long term friendships with women that can benefit all parties & they are trying their best to stay healthy ( eating healthy, getting regularly tested for STDs, practicing mindfulness in our relationships, working out, ) and we create a space for all of us to have a open conversation about our boundaries to make sure we're on the same page or things change so that we don't betray or hurt each other and we can make any changes if we want anything different.

Last edited:
It just depends on what my situation is and what I want at the time.
If I meet someone I click with then long term is best. If the sex is good, then why not keep them around. There’s also less of a worry about regarding safety and std’s.
But sometimes your situation means that it’s just not possible then one-night stands are the only option. I've had some really mind-blowing one-night stands and the energy always amazing.

To have a few fwbs is probably ideal. One night's are fun and they will probably just happen anyway, but it's good to have some guys you know. Our ideal is a guy who is more like a casual friend. We like variety so a singular bf wouldn't be an ideal situation.

Last edited:
To have a few fwbs is probably ideal. One night's are fun and they will probably just happen anyway, but it's good to have some guys you know. Our ideal isn't a guy who is more like a casual friend. We like variety so a singular bf wouldn't be an ideal situation.
I hear you, but unless you've had a long face chat with them first, my experience has been that over 50% of the people I meet are not who or what I was expecting. No shows, heavy drinking, couples that you can feel the tension between them (lots of guys want their wives/girlfriend's to do things just to satisfy them), not knowing their status, cases of nervousness, etc., et. You must be doing a lot right---Go for it!

I hear you, but unless you've had a long face chat with them first, my experience has been that over 50% of the people I meet are not who or what I was expecting. No shows, heavy drinking, couples that you can feel the tension between them (lots of guys want their wives/girlfriend's to do things just to satisfy them), not knowing their status, cases of nervousness, etc., et. You must be doing a lot right---Go for it!

Well, we just got here in CA so we are just staring to explore who's out there. Most of the guys we've know as regulars in the past didn't cone in through sites like this. They were guys we met while we were out, struck up conversation with and it went from there. The hard part about meeting guys through sites like this is that you don't know anything about them and meet ups can be stressful. That's probably why you may feel tension even with couples who have done this in the past.

Back