Politics, Politics, Politics

Congress has the power to obtain and release Trump’s tax returns
George K. Yin is a professor of law and taxation at the University of Virginia and a former chief of staff of the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation. Though our new president may not realize it, Congress has the power to obtain his tax returns and reveal them to the public without his consent, including returns under audit. As just urged by Congressman Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-N.J.), legislators seeking information on President Trump’s possible conflicts of interest should immediately exercise this authority rather than wait for the passage of new veto-proof legislation — a highly uncertain prospect — that would have the same effect. The ability of Congress to disclose confidential tax information ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/cf2b450e-f668-34bc-b4a3-1e1e51c5a984/ss_congress-has-the-power-to.html

Americans are taking an active role in their democracy, and their representatives can’t handle it
“It was just a really, really surreal experience because that is not what happened,” said Kopnick. Lisenbery added that Rohrabacher’s staff members told the paper that the group didn’t look like constituents. “What is that supposed to mean? How does somebody look like where they’re supposed to live?” The OC Register report was amended after the group contacted the paper, but the overall reception is emerging as a common refrain. Multiple Republican members of Congress are dismissing the flood of calls, letters, visits, and protests in recent weeks, saying they’re being driven by paid protesters who don’t live in their districts — an excuse that’s also popular with the Trump administration. On ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/bcb71ff5-2252-3dae-ad4b-9a95108c3d47/americans-are-taking-an.html

we all know the whole Trump team lies!.... someone finally calling them on it!

White House and CNN clash over Kellyanne Conway’s ‘credibility’
Top White House adviser Kellyanne Conway appeared on CNN Tuesday afternoon, hours after the network doubled down on reports that it declined to have her on-air last weekend due to questions about her credibility.

CNN’s relationship with the president’s counselor was first called into question by a New York Times report that claimed the network declined to have her as a guest on Sunday, in part due to “serious questions about her credibility.” Conway disputed that account in a Monday tweet in which she said family commitments kept her out of the studios for the Sunday shows. CNN’s communications team fired back with a tweet of its own that said the network’s premier Sunday show, “State of the Union,” “passed” after the White House “offered” Conway as a guest.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-ho...-kellyanne-conways-credibility-205252820.html

House Republican Introduces Bill to End Dept. of Education
A House Republican introduced a bill Tuesday that would erase the Department of Education from the federal government. Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky filed the one-sentence bill the same day Betsy DeVos was confirmed by the Senate to lead the Cabinet department. The proposal calls for the agency to shut its doors on Dec. 31, 2018. Seven other Republican members of Congress signed the bill as co-sponsors: Reps. Jason Chaffetz (Utah), Justin Amash (Michigan), Andy Biggs (Arizona), Matt Gaetz (Florida), Jody Hice (Georgia), Walter Jones (North Carolina), and Raúl Labrador (Idaho). "Unelected bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. should not be in charge of our children's intellectual and moral development," ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/575a04...903e74062/ss_house-republican-introduces.html

now I guess it is left up to states to set those standards....
like Kansas... who tried to cut funds to "minority" schools... or to Okl who doesn't pay a teacher more than a QT clerk... has pushed through right @ 70 people without degrees to allow them to teach and pushes for more home schooling.... for most states.... all pretty much in red southern states that are broke.... now they can legally raise idiots and turn them into republicans!

Real funny!

trump is thinking about privatizing the air traffic controllers...... according to CBS news this morning
but the REPUBLICANS are against it.... think they might be giving up to much control!

hey come to think of it... how fitting.... wasn't that Reagan's first attempt at fucking the country.... only fitting Trump start there also!

I can't wait to see CNN in the morning to find out what is going on

I started watching them more now.... especially since Trump "bashed" them.... I understand their ratings are the highest now they have ever been... I still watch CBS in the morning... but any other time of the day it's CNN!

what is going on next door

this country has turned into a reality show right now..... with the new Czar just trying to do whatever he pleases.... most repub's are afraid of him... with all his twitter use... and they are so fucking stupid they think the country is behind the fool!.... but then the right has never really lived in the real world anyway

it is all real funny right now... his crying about being picked on.... all the polls are fake news.... his ego is far to big to ever have time to do the job..... bannon is calling most of the shots!

I can't wait to see CNN in the morning to find out what is going on next door but then again I also liked watching the Gong Show.
Yeah, know what you mean. Its totally embarrassing, actually. Those of us that live here do the same thing ... we get up and turn on the tube just to see what "sh*t" Trumps administration is up to that day. Now he's threatenting to sue the supreme court judges over his immigration band. He lives in his own virtual world of delusional reality. Bear with us in the US ... I imagine there may be some major changes coming before the mid-term elections in 2018.

Back