Politics, Politics, Politics

LOL
These Judges and their SJW cheer leaders are morons, along with anyone else falling for Trumps trap, at this point.
Trump has pulled this same game plan out so many times that i would think anyone would see what is coming down the road, but i guess not.
These SJW morons can't see the long game(mid-terms) and the brick wall that is the _______ that is going to destroy these judges in one move.
Well, they deserve what is coming then.
2923668fc9795f3dc4c3ab07673e53240bbdaa0a_1_600x415.jpg
The seasoned and wiser Democrats who are still in the party better get control of the ship, because it's sinking on the national level.

Last edited:
Don't suppose the republicans are in a bit of trouble do you?

Tennessee Woman *Shuts Down* a Republican Town Hall About Obamacare with One Epic Question
Republicans in Congress are currently coming up with a plan to repeal Obamacare—but many of their constituents are speaking out to make it clear that they are not doing so with full support. Republican Rep. Diane Black held a town hall about the Affordable Care Act in Murfreesburo, Tennessee, and several of her constituents gave passionate defenses of the Affordable Care Act and why it's important. CNN reports that one of her constituents, a 35-year-old teacher named Jessi Bohon, was visibly emotional as she gave a powerful defense of why the individual mandate to have health insurance is so important. Here's what she said: "My name is Jessi Bohon and I'm in your district. It's from my understanding ...
https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/m/92e3...3243b125f40/tennessee-woman-*shuts-down*.html

GOP Congresswoman Booed by Planned Parenthood Supporters at University Town Hall
Republican Congresswoman Diane Black was booed by supporters of Planned Parenthood as she entered a town hall meeting at Middle Tennessee State University on February 9.
Planned Parenthood organized the demonstration to send their message to Black, State Sen Jim Tracy, and State Rep Mike Sparks, who were due to attend the town hall.
The protesters claimed that they were denied access to the event, but that other people wearing Make America Great Again hats were allowed to cut the line.
The protesters’ interaction with Black comes from 3’45’’ in this video. One of the protesters, a student, asks Black why she wants to defund Planned Parenthood. She says a test paid for by Planned Parenthood had allowed her, the student, to discover that she had pre-cancerous cells in her cervix. Credit: Generation Action at MTSU via Storyful
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-congresswoman-booed-planned-parenthood-143834866.html

Utah Congressman’s Town Hall Erupts with Protestors Demanding Trump Investigation
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz – who chairs the Congress Oversight Committee – struggled to speak over the jeers and boos of protesters gathered and attending a 75-minute town hall meeting in Cottonwood Heights, Utah, on Thursday night, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.
Much of the town hall – which was held in a high school auditorium – was categorized by loud chanting, which included shouts of “do your job” and “explain yourself.”
The contention mainly centered around Chaffetz’s failure to push the Oversight Committee to investigate President Donald Trump’s conflicts of interests, reported Politico, as well as the controversial travel ban – which a federal appeals court refused to reinstate on Thursday.
“You’re not going to like this part: the president, under the law, is exempt from conflict of interest laws,” Chaffetz told the attendees, adding, “He is required to do a financial disclosure which he has done twice.”
He also noted that he wasn’t going to investigate Trump’s potential personal monetary gains “until there’s evidence he’s somehow used that to ingratiate his family.”
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/utah-congressman-town-hall-erupts-172442939.html

‘Do your job!’: Rowdy Republican town halls a sign of things to come
The town hall meeting held by House Oversight Committee Chair Jason Chaffetz in a Salt Lake City suburb Thursday night was raucous, packed — and a sign of things to come.
The meeting had to be moved to accommodate the crowd, and still hundreds of people couldn’t get in, waiting outside it and chanting, “Your last term!” after it was over. The Salt Lake County GOP knew it was going to be packed and urged its members Tuesday to turn out to counter an expected wave of angry resistance movement attendees. It didn’t make any difference.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/do-your-...halls-a-sign-of-things-to-come-205206305.html

U.S. Rep. Justin Amash's town hall meeting in GR
GRAND RAPIDS, MI -- Nearly a month after apologizing to dozens of residents turned away from a congressional town hall meeting, a West Michigan politician has upgraded to a larger venue. U.S. Rep. Justin Amash, R-Cascade Township, plans to meet with constituents from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 9, at the auditorium inside City High Middle School in Grand Rapids. The auditorium has a maximum capacity of 595, according to district officials, more than double the 252 limit at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum auditorium where Amash held his January town hall. According to staff from Amash's office, the museum auditorium
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/07897906-36f0-3887-8103-614da0fc0a0d/live-coverage-of-u.s.-rep..html

got my mortgage papers in the mail yesterday... free and clear.... my one neighbor (the Dem... and only one around here that I know of) was in the front yard so went over to "brag" and show him.... he tells me he is not getting along with the other "redneck" republican.... broke the rules about talking politics!.... anyway the redneck..... hardcore repub... apparently is also not happy with how things going and made a comment and the dem threw it back at him.....
bottom line....... even the repub's are not real happy right now with the party it would seem!

although in his case I would bet it is over the cancelation of health care

Surely that isn't supposed to be your proof that Trump is "threatenting to sue the supreme court judges over his immigration band (sic)." It says nothing of the kind.
hummm, don't know, but when someone tells me they're taking me to court, it implies they're suing me, and coming from Trump, I can't imagine anyone "higher up" challenging the very judges that ruled against him ... Trump simply loves his "power" and isn't use to being challenged so often. He better start getting use to it, actually ... of course YOU and I will be paying his court battles as he challenges everything from people dropping his wife's clothing lines to ingrown toenails ... "See you in court" ... wonder what that means?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ruling-blocking-trumps-immigration-order.html

Oh my, and from FoxNews ... geeeeeeee ... I guess this one is too liberal too, huh? Or maybe its just the fact its the media. :p

hummm, don't know, but when someone tells me they're taking me to court, it implies they're suing me, and coming from Trump, I can't imagine anyone "higher up" challenging the very judges that ruled against him ... Trump simply loves his "power" and isn't use to being challenged so often. He better start getting use to it, actually ... of course YOU and I will be paying his court battles as he challenges everything from people dropping his wife's clothing lines to ingrown toenails ... "See you in court" ... wonder what that means?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ruling-blocking-trumps-immigration-order.html

Oh my, and from FoxNews ... geeeeeeee ... I guess this one is too liberal too, huh? Or maybe its just the fact its the media. :p
I hope you're a good insurance guy....you should stick to that. You clearly don't know squat about the law. You said Trump was threatening to sue the supreme court judges over the immigration ban. I instantly knew you were full of bullshit. It is nonsensical that he would threaten to sue the supreme court judges since the case hasn't even gotten to them yet.....you thought he was suing them for a ruling in a case they haven't yet made????? :confused:

On top of that, you can't sue them. Judges carry judicial immunity. You can't sue them for their actions on the bench....even if they slander you personally.

For your edification, "see you in court" here clearly means he wants to appeal the lower court's ruling. That isn't suing any judge, merely asking a higher court to reverse a ruling if they find it was incorrect. It is very common....especially with this court. They don't call it the "ninth circus" court for nothing. They are a radical liberal court and historically nearly 80% of their rulings get overturned by the US supreme court.

Last edited:
Trump attacks on judiciary raise safety concerns for judges
When a judge who helped derail President Donald Trump's travel ban was hit with online threats, the abuse raised safety concerns among jurists across the country, and experts are worried that the president's own attacks on the judiciary could make judges a more inviting target.
U.S. District Judge James Robart imposed the temporary restraining order that halted enforcement of Trump's ban last week. The president soon sent a tweet saying the opinion of "this so-called judge" was "ridiculous and will be overturned."
Robart quickly became a target on social media. Someone on Twitter called him a "DEAD MAN WALKING" and another on Facebook suggested that he be imprisoned at the military detention center at Guantanamo Bay, "where other enemies of the US are held."
"I know there's a fear among the judiciary with what's being said," said John Muffler, a former U.S. marshal who teaches security at the Reno, Nevada-based National Judicial College. He cited professional contacts and email exchanges with judges.
The president's critical comments have consequences, he added, because "people on the edge can easily be pushed over the edge once the rhetoric gets going."
Trump blasted the federal court system again Wednesday after the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals heard arguments on whether Robart's temporary restraining order should stand. During a speech to law enforcement officials, the president said the "courts seem to be so political" and called the hearing "disgraceful."
The next day, White House spokesman Sean Spicer said Trump had "no regrets" about his criticism of judges.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-judiciary-raise-safety-concerns-judges-071346694.html
we all know there are plenty of crazy Trumpies out there!

just a guess...... but I'd say that trump and the republicans have a little problem on their hands... and some on here thought no one cared about the ACA...... although Trump will probably just brush all this off as fake news... and the republicans are trying to ignore it... don't think it is going away

Reverse Tea Party? Republican officials facing more protests across country
Fox News Sat, Feb 11 12:00 AM PST
Washington Republicans this weekend faced more protests at public events -- backlash that appears to be growing against President Trump and the GOP-led Congress for trying to dismantle ObamaCare and other parts of their agenda. On Saturday, for the second week in a row, Florida GOP Rep. Gus Bilirakis reportedly faced about a hundred people at a town hall event who were upset about Republican plans to repeal and replace the 2010 health care law, without a solid alternative. The episodes -- like those faced by other House Republicans and by recently confirmed Education Secretary Betsy DeVos -- appear similar to those staged by the Tea Party movement in 2009. Members’ grassroots opposition to the ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/bbfb9e...c1750ff/ss_reverse-tea-party?-republican.html

Growing Outrage Over Many Policies From New Administration
Growing Outrage Over Many Policies From New Administration
ABC News Videos
Captions Not Available
Settings
Full Screen

Growing Outrage
Activists plan to hold town hall in Rep. Comstock’s Northern Virginia district — with or without her
Washington Post
After asking Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) for weeks to hold a town hall to discuss the Trump administration, a group of her constituents have declared they will hold a Comstock town hall — with or without her. The push is part of a national wave of protests around the country aimed at President Trump’s policies — including his executive order to temporarily bar refugees and travelers from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States — and Republican plans to repeal the Affordable Care Act. In nearly every Virginia congressional district, Facebook groups have sprouted up for activists, many of them new to politics, to discuss strategy for flooding the offices and social-media accounts of elected officials. ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1525b775-9bfe-3556-aff9-9f09eb5d4f70/activists-plan-to-hold-town.html

GOP lawmakers face angry, worried constituents at town halls
Washington Post 12 hours ago
The voter identified himself as a cancer survivor, and he had something to say to Republican Rep. Justin Amash: “I am scared to death that I will not have health insurance in the future.” The comment earned 61-year-old retiree Paul Bonis a standing ovation from the crowd packed into a school auditorium in Amash’s Michigan district Thursday night. And the congressman was booed for his response: That the Affordable Care Act has “hurt a lot of people,” and he supports his party’s plans to repeal and replace it, even though the GOP still hasn’t united around an alternative. It’s a scene that’s played out around the country over the past several weeks as Republicans and President ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/53a39ec2-13c0-36e4-9b13-66486f96cd1f/ss_gop-lawmakers-face-angry,.html
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/53a39ec2-13c0-36e4-9b13-66486f96cd1f/ss_gop-lawmakers-face-angry,.html
'I have to have coverage in order to make sure that I don't die': GOP lawmakers get blasted on Obamacare at town hall
Lawmakers got an earful from constituents in Tennessee on Thursday night during a town hall to talk about the future of the Affordable Care Act, the healthcare law better known as Obamacare.
Republican Rep. Diane Black held a town hall about the law at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and was confronted by multiple constituents who pushed back against the GOP's plan to repeal and replace the ACA.
One man, Mike Carlson, confronted Black about the repeal, saying the law had allowed him to gain access to lifesaving coverage.
"I am an overweight person. I have to have coverage to make sure I don't die," he said. "There are people who have cancer that have that coverage that have to have that coverage to make sure they don't die. And you want to take away this coverage and have nothing to replace it with. How can I trust you to do anything that's in our interest at all?"
Another person in attendance, Jessi Bohon, pointed to her Christian faith as a reason to support the law.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/coverage-order-sure-dont-die-165947320.html

'Death panel' disputes erupt at Florida GOP congressman's town hall
Bilirakis nodded. But audience members -- including several doctors -- shouted that Akins was wrong. Many yelled that he was a "liar." Bilirakis interjected that Akins was referring to the Independent Payment Advisory Board -- a 15-member panel that issues recommendations for reducing Medicare's cost, subject to congressional oversight and approval. Republicans, too, have called for reductions in Medicare spending. At several points in the two-and-half hour town hall, speakers returned to the "death panels" reference, denouncing Akins' claims of its existence. Bilirakis repeatedly cited the Independent Payment Advisory Board. "The board exists, OK? And I've voted to repeal the board," Bilirakis ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5352d9e6-cd65-330f-bc90-2603c61e68c6/'death-panel'.html

Tom Price, champion of repealing Obamacare, is confirmed as secretary of health and human services
Price has spent his political career trying to repeal Obamacare and weaken Medicare and Medicaid. Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), who has fought for the repeal of Obamacare since 2009 and has remained invested in health care stocks even as he sponsored legislation affecting those companies, was confirmed as the country’s next secretary for the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) early on Friday morning. The vote — 52 to 47 — broke down by party lines. Before the late night vote, Democratic senators continued to make their case on the Senate floor about why Price should not be confirmed as the next HHS secretary. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) read letters she received from Americans with cancer ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/4f8f2831-4e59-326b-ab91-61133eb686fa/tom-price,-champion-of.html

Price sworn in as head of HHS; to be point person in dismantling of Obamacare
Fox News Fri, Feb 10 12:00 AM PST
Tom Price was sworn in to lead the Department of Health and Human Services after winning Senate confirmation early Friday morning, placing him in position to lead the way in dismantling Obamacare. It was the Senate's fourth consecutive contested vote for a Trump Cabinet secretary. Partisan battles for Cabinet posts are usually rare, but the first weeks of Trump's presidency have seen little collegiality between the two sides. Price is a veteran House member and orthopedic surgeon who Republicans call a knowledgeable pick for the job. Democrats say he's an ideologue whose policies would snatch care from many Americans. “This is the first vote in the dismantling of the Affordable Care Act,” Sen
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3ac29209-760f-3460-a543-cd36400bbac3/price-sworn-in-as-head-of.html

Gerrymandering is the biggest obstacle to genuine democracy in the United States. So why is no one protesting?
Washington Post 23 hours ago
DemocracyPost | Opinion Brian Klaas is a Fellow in Comparative Politics at the London School of Economics and author of The Despot’s Accomplice: How the West is Aiding & Abetting the Decline of Democracy. There is an enormous paradox at the heart of American democracy. Congress is deeply and stubbornly unpopular. On average, between 10 and 15 percent of Americans approve of Congress – on a par with public support for traffic jams and cockroaches. And yet, in the 2016 election, only eight incumbents – eight out of a body of 435 representatives – were defeated at the polls. If there is one silver bullet that could fix American democracy, it’s getting rid of gerrymandering – the now commonplace ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/6fdc0dfb-40e3-3df7-9c84-d992527ecb59/gerrymandering-is-the-biggest.html
Voter fraud isn't the problem — voter suppression is. Meet the man who wants to solve it.
upworthy.com Fri, Feb 10 12:00 AM PST
One man embarks on a mission to make democracy great again. After four years as a member of Missouri's House of Representatives and another four as its secretary of state, Jason Kander took a chance and ran for the U.S. Senate in 2016. While the fresh-faced 35-year-old would ultimately come up short in his bid to unseat incumbent Sen. Roy Blunt in the 2016 election, the race was a whole lot closer than many expected. A Democrat in a traditionally red state, Kander came within just 3 points of Blunt. For comparison, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton lost the state by 19 points. Though unsuccessful, the campaign helped Kander reach a whole new audience when one of his ads — in which ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d442461f-d4c9-3cb2-b2fd-20b4a10c044d/ss_voter-fraud-isn't-the.html

GOP’s national right to work bill is a smokescreen: The threat is what comes next
Last week, Iowa Congressman Steve King introduced the National Right to Work Act, which would create a nationwide ban on the requirement that workers who are represented by a union have to pay for the costs associated with representation. The bill was cosponsored by South Carolina’s Joe Wilson, whose primary claim to fame is having yelled “you lie!” at President Barack Obama from the back benches of a joint session of Congress. In the weeks since Donald Trump’s inauguration, King, in addition to the National Right to Work Act, has introduced bills to make it easier to fire workers who have union sympathies (with the Orwellian title, “Truth in Employment Act”), to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act, which ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/dfe0bb...d31f497d/ss_gop’s-national-right-to-work.html

Republicans Are Still Lying About Obamacare and Americans Aren't Having It
GQ
The ACA has never been more popular and you can see it at town hall's across the country. For years, one of the dogmas of the Republican party was that Obamacare needed to be repealed. Forget for a second that many of the most controversial sections of Obamacare (like the individual mandate) began their life as ideas from the Republican party; Republicans have spent the years since the ACA was passed spreading lies about the bill. Paul Ryan has said that it's bankrupting Medicare, when in fact the truth is just the opposite. This comes from FactCheck.org. As for Ryan’s claim that Obamacare had worsened Medicare’s financing, that’s not the case, either. In fact, the law both expanded Medicare ...

https://www.yahoo.com/style/m/1d139f85-0770-35ae-a7e7-594fa4d69f9e/republicans-are-still-lying.html

GOP Grand Scheme On Obamacare Repeal & Tax Reform Quickly Going South
Forbes
The GOP strategy on quickly repealing the Affordable Care Act and enacting tax reform that seemed to be so creative and smart when it was first revealed right after the election may soon become the prime source of legislative hell for House and Senate Republicans. Knowing that a Senate filibuster was virtually certain on ACA repeal and highly probable on tax reform, the GOP plan was to use the reconciliation process — which prevents filibusters — to pass them both. To do that, for the first time in the 43-year history of the congressional budget process, Congress would pass 2 budget resolutions — the first for fiscal 2017; the second for 2018 — in the same year. The FY17 budget resolution, which ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/3ac1bf45-f7b6-3f19-bc53-c46224cb9a4b/gop-grand-scheme-on-obamacare.html

One more time I only live next door but what actually makes the US great is the fact that there are checks and balances in place so that The People actually have a say. The judicial system ,while not perfect, actually keeps your Constitution in play at all levels and that is your country's foundation. If you allow one man to run things his way then that is called a dictatorship and I don't believe this is what anyone wants.
I believe President Trump and his advisors could achieve their goals if they didn't present themselves like used car salesmen.

I believe President Trump and his advisors could achieve their goals if they didn't present themselves like used car salesmen.

could be true.... but his main problem is his ego......and everything to him is money and negotiations..... and that doesn't work in world politics... as for the money end of it.... we stand a 50/50 chance of coming out good/bad.... he made some money... but went broke and fucked a lot of people also.... kind of hate to see the bouycot on Trumps *******....but the public feels they have to show him what they think... problem is she is really kind of innocent.... and probably the smartest person in the white house right now.... trump listens to much to bannon... and if you follow bannon... you know he feels that war is inevitable for one thing... plus his opinions on other things are... out there

another problem.... he wants to change EVERYTHING..... and some of it is there for a reason.... OUR Protection!
and put in place for that reason.... going back to letting wall street do as they please... not good.... and several other things that are there to protect us!

Last edited:
With billions at stake, a federal judge just nullified the GOP's most cynical attack on Obamacare
Moda Health, a small Oregon health insurer, just won a $214-million judgment against the federal government. Normally that wouldn’t be worth reporting, except that in awarding Moda the money, the federal judge in the case dismantled the most cynical attack on the Affordable Care Act that congressional Republicans had devised. The issue was the Affordable Care Act’s risk corridor program, which was devised to shelter insurers from unexpected losses in covering Affordable Care Act customers from 2014 through 2016. To encourage insurers to enter an entirely novel market, the program aimed to balance risks by taking funds from insurers that turned out to be unexpectedly profitable and use the money to ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7ced7aa1-ce95-3aa5-8fd6-950f92ff8217/ss_with-billions-at-stake,-a.html

could be true.... but his main problem is his ego......and everything to him is money and negotiations..... and that doesn't work in world politics... as for the money end of it.... we stand a 50/50 chance of coming out good/bad.... he made some money... but went broke and fucked a lot of people also.... kind of hate to see the bouycot on Trumps *******....but the public feels they have to show him what they think... problem is she is really kind of innocent.... and probably the smartest person in the white house right now.... trump listens to much to bannon... and if you follow bannon... you know he feels that war is inevitable for one thing... plus his opinions on other things are... out there

another problem.... he wants to change EVERYTHING..... and some of it is there for a reason.... OUR Protection!
and put in place for that reason.... going back to letting wall street do as they please... not good.... and several other things that are there to protect us!
I believe you are correct in all these aspects. I really have trouble with the advisors. The travel ban is a thoughtless classic. Increasing inspection is fine but if I am a bad guy I would rally the innocents and point out how America hates Muslims and the ban is the proof. Young people can be swayed easily.
I think President Trump is getting bad advice and opens his mouth before he truly understands global politics. Lets hope this settles down. North Korea should be an interesting one but it will probably come out ok as the President and Kim Jong un obviously use the same barber. Sorry couldn't resist.

I think President Trump is getting bad advice and opens his mouth before he truly understands global politics

he knows absolutely nothing about politics... and it shows..... and he surrounded himself with people who either gave him money... or were loyal during the campaign.... most of which know nothing about politics... just compounding the issue... I read where several senators have a problem with his mental health (cracking up)... maybe.... but if someone doesn't step in with some kind of knowledge of world affairs... I think we might be headed for some serious trouble
trump doesn't like to be bested on anything...... and N. Korea launching that missile to "test" him.....not good... dealing with 2 crazies!
I see where he is thinking of dropping Spicer and Preiebus.... that's a start....Bannon is scary with some of his ideas but I think the Flynn issue may be a lot of trouble for him also.... the whole administration falling apart right now

Last edited:
Back