Politics, Politics, Politics

this new "travel ban" just a little fucked up... saw on the news this morning... one gal a Stanford grad!... went home to iran to visit family and now can't get back in the country... they told her probably 90 days..... said she would probably lose her job here before she got back in...
but the best one..... a 4star Iraqi general... in charge of a bunch of Iraqi and American troops... we moved his family here to keep them safe... he came over to visit his family... and was denied!
someone not using their heads here.... I am beginning to think we might be making enemies over this and escalating things against us

I can't see where this guy has done anything positive or for the good of the country yet.... but he sure has rocked the friggn boat!... hopefully he doesn't sink it!

anyone watch the SAG awards the other night?... someone stated that they thought LBJ would welcome Trump and wish him well.... but would also pull him aside and tell him not to piss in the soup we all eat!

real friggn funny!... well I thought so

Politics Newsweek

White House official: Hill Republicans "wrote" travel ban. Republicans: No, we didn't

One of the White House’s main defenses of President Donald Trump’s new ban on foreigners from certain Muslim-majority countries is that the executive order was, in fact, drafted by fellow Republicans in Congress. Leading House Republicans, however, are pushing back on that claim, insisting they were not consulted on the text of the order, let alone involved in writing it. And they argue that a white paper Trump allies are citing as the basis for the order was, in fact, very different in content and scope. Sign up to our daily newsletter for your chance to win. White House officials held a background briefing for reporters Sunday after a weekend dominated by headlines describing chaos and mass ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/40f5edf1-64e4-3cb8-8850-76b8f45fed4d/white-house-official:-hill.html

Not so friggn funny!

GOP moves to undo Obama coal rules protecting streams
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans are moving swiftly to repeal Obama administration regulations aimed at better protecting streams from coal mining debris.

Coal country lawmakers unveiled legislation Monday to block the rules, which they say would ******* jobs in the coal industry, which is reeling from competition from cleaner-burning natural gas.

The legislation unveiled Monday would overturn December regulations through a process that permits Congress to revoke recently-issued rules in a manner that is immune to filibusters by Senate Democrats.

The repeal measure is set for a House vote Wednesday and a Senate vote shortly thereafter.

"The Stream Protection Rule is the latest in a series of overreaching and misguided Obama-era regulations that have targeted America's coal industry," said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va. "If this rule were allowed to stay in place, it would add to the economic devastation for people in coal communities."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...es-protecting-streams-204948159--finance.html

I do feel sorry for the coal people... without the mines... those towns are dead and people don't have jobs.... but coal is just nowhere near as cheap to use or buy as natural gas...not even going into all the bad ******* involved in the coal..... someone just needs to put a factory in there of some kind and give those people a job

Guess the idea of transparency is gone!

Steve Bannon Is Making Sure There’s No White House Paper Trail, Says Intel Source

If there was any question about who is largely in charge of national security behind the scenes at the White House, the answer is becoming increasingly clear: Steve Bannon, the former head of Breitbart News, a far-right media outlet, and now White House advisor.

Even before he was given a formal seat on the National Security Council’s “principals committee” this weekend by President Donald Trump, Bannon was calling the shots and doing so with little to no input from the National Security Council staff, according to an intelligence official who asked not to be named out of fear of retribution.

“He is running a cabal, almost like a shadow NSC,” the official said. He described a work environment where there is little appetite for dissenting opinions, shockingly no paper trail of what’s being discussed and agreed upon at meetings, and no guidance or encouragement so far from above about how the National Security Council staff should be organized.

The intelligence official, who said he was willing to give the Trump administration the benefit of the doubt when it took office, is now deeply troubled by how things are being run.
“They ran all of these executive orders outside of the normal construct,” he said, referring to last week’s flurry of draft executive orders on everything from immigration to the return of CIA “black sites.”

After the controversial draft orders were written, the Trump team was very selective in how they routed them through the internal White House review process, the official said.

Under previous administrations, if someone thought another person or directorate had a stake in the issue at hand or expertise in a subject area, he or she was free to share the papers as long as the recipient had proper clearance.

With that standard in mind, when some officials saw Trump’s draft executive orders, they felt they had broad impact and shared them more widely for staffing and comments.
That did not sit well with Bannon or his staff, according to the official. More stringent guidelines for handling and routing were then instituted, and the National Security Council staff was largely cut out of the process.

By the end of the week, they weren’t the only ones left in the dark. Retired Marine Gen. John Kelly, the secretary of homeland security, was being briefed on the executive order, which called for immediately shutting the borders to nationals from seven largely Muslim countries and all refugees, while Trump was in the midst of signing the measure, the New York Times reported.

The White House did not respond in time to a request for comment.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-bannon-making-sure-no-222654315.html

Politicians aiming to cut Social Security and Medicare use weasel words to hide their plans.
In this era in which the Orwellian manipulation of language by politicians to say the opposite of what they mean has reached a fever pitch, we should be especially wary when conservatives hide their plans to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits behind a smokescreen of euphemism.
Jared Bernstein, a fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and a former chief economist to Vice President Joe Biden, has put in a plea to journalists to call out policy makers when they pull this stunt—and not to empower politicians by doing the same thing.
“Though many policy makers want to cut these social insurance programs, they rarely say ‘cut,’” he writes. “Instead, because the programs are so highly valued by recipients, policy makers say ‘reform,’ ‘overhaul,’ ‘change,’ ‘revamp,’ and ‘fix’ the program. In the vast majority of these formulations, these verbs are euphemisms for cuts, and it’s very important for journalists to call them out as such…. Please stop the obfuscation. When policy makers are talking about cutting entitlements, call it like it is.”
Raise your hand if you think America’s problem is that we have too much income and health care security in retirement.
We second the motion. We’ve been particularly wary of plans described as “fixes” to Social Security and Medicare. As we’ve observed, these are invariably “fixes” in the same sense that one “fixes” a cat. But several other such weasel words surfaced in coverage of the confirmation hearing for Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-S.C.), President Trump’s budget director-designate. NPR reported that Mulvaney “wants to overhaul” Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. CNN said that he “wants to overhaul” the programs and believes they “need revamping to survive”—a journalistic twofer!
Let’s not allow these euphemisms to obscure Mulvaney’s true opinions about these programs. He proposes to raise Social Security’s normal retirement age to 70 (it now tops out at 67 for those born in 1960 or later), and to means-test Medicare. These are benefit cuts any way you define them.
Mulvaney also has described Social Security as a “Ponzi scheme,” a term he tried to evade during his Jan. 24 confirmation hearing. He said he was just trying to explain Social Security’s cash flow, which “takes money from people now in order to give money to people now.” That’s not a Ponzi scheme. Moreover, that’s not a full and accurate description of Social Security’s cash flow, which collects money from people now and banks some of it to provide benefits for people in the future. (Do we really want a budget director whose understanding of one of America’s most important fiscal programs is so vacuous?)
As Bernstein pointed out, politicians understand that Social Security and Medicare are beloved by Americans, and for good reason: They represent value for money. Both programs incur rock-bottom administrative costs while delivering more than a trillion dollars a year in benefits to tens of millions of American retirees and families.
Republicans and conservatives have plotted for decades to turn this flow of cash over to Wall Street via privatization. Financial firms would skim billions off the top, administrative costs would soar, and to make up for the diversion benefits would shrink. The promoters of these schemes can’t tell the truth about this, of course, so they talk about “reforming,” “revamping,” and “overhauling,” as though they’re dressing a crumbling old house with a new coat of paint.
As Kathy Ruffing, a consultant to the CBPP, points out, the group George W. Bush empaneled to put over his privatization scheme in 2001 was called the “Commission to Strengthen Social Security.” Luckily for millions of Americans whose retirements were saved when the effort failed, most people weren’t fooled.
The privatizers and benefit-cutters haven’t stopped trying. They still cloak their plans in the mantle of “reform” and “rescue.” The House GOP’s latest package of proposed Social Security cuts, unveiled in December, was described by its sponsor, Rep. Sam Johnson (R-Texas), as a “plan to permanently save Social Security.”

1.jpg

Earlier this month, House Speaker Paul Ryan (D-Wis.) bragged on “Charlie Rose” that he has been “the Medicare reform guy in Congress for many years.” This is, once again, “reform” as benefit-cutting. What Ryan proposes to do is replace traditional Medicare with a privatized program. Seniors would get a federal voucher to help them pay premiums charged by commercial insurance plans. (Ryan calls this system “premium support,” another wolf-in-sheep’s-clothing euphemism.)
But since the value of the vouchers would rise slower than the rate of healthcare inflation and the costs of private insurance typically rise faster than those of Medicare, an ever-larger share of healthcare costs would land on seniors’ shoulders. In 2011, when Ryan first proposed this change, the Kaiser Family Foundation calculated that by 2022, healthcare spending would consume roughly half of the typical 65-year-old’s Social Security check, compared to only 22% under the existing Medicare system. That’s a benefit cut.
The notion underlying all these schemes is that American seniors and retirees have it too good, and can survive on less. That’s the ultimate deception. As Bernstein writes, “Raise your hand if you think America’s problem is that we have too much income and health care security in retirement. Anyone…anyone??”

Last edited:
the purveyors of FAKE news

A top White House adviser cited a nonexistent terror attack to justify Trump's immigration ban

One of President Donald Trump's top White House advisers referred to a terror attack that never happened in an MSNBC interview that aired on Thursday night. Kellyanne Conway suggested that the so-called "Bowling Green Massacre" in Bowling Green, Kentucky, was one of the catalysts for Trump's executive order banning nationals from seven Muslim-majority states like Iraq. There was no such attack in the US. During her interview with MSNBC's Chris Matthews, Conway described the false incident as two Iraqi refugees having come to the US, becoming radicalized, and masterminding the nonexistent attack. Conway offered no evidence to back up her claims and flatly suggested that "most people don't know ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/5ec285ff-8569-3c39-beca-6412ca6b5a11/ss_a-top-white-house-adviser.html

Just more of those Alt Facts right?!

Trump Effort To Pin Botched Yemen Raid On Barack Obama Falters

President Donald Trump’s first overseas operation as commander in chief, a botched raid that led to the death of an American serviceman and significant civilian casualties, was never approved by former President Barack Obama before he left office, two top former national security officials said on Thursday. The comments from Colin Kahl, the national security adviser to former Vice President Joe Biden, and Ned Price, a former White House spokesman, came after White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer tried to deflect blame by saying Obama’s team had approved the plan. The attack involved several dozen U.S. commandos belonging to the Navy’s SEAL Team 6 storming the stronghold of an al Qaeda leader in central Yemen early Sunday morning, according to reports in Reuters and the New York Times. ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/720dcd3c-ed65-31fb-a720-42272aa7b237/trump-effort-to-pin-botched.html

for this guy lies are just a way of life... doesn't matter that they are fact checked and he is wrong.... just makes him look stupid to everyone... including the world!

.... just makes him look stupid to everyone... including the world!
Not to the Trumpet minions, it doesn't ... they believe every word this administration says. If Spicer said the raid was sabotaged by aliens from space, the minions would bobble their heads up and down ... they're the sheep. Only thing we can do is just watch them leap off the cliff. Oh, and you might wish to shift a bit of your savings to gold in the near future.

Not to the Trumpet minions, it doesn't ... they believe every word this administration says

he is still at 40% among most americans....but the trumpies are all still in full support... go figure!

I'm told where I have it now will not be effected in anyway by the stock market or economy... really pisses me off I can't do much with my wife's 401k..... thought we had it all figured out before Trump... mine would cover home.. etc... work told me that even if I retire early... and stay retired and not work they will still cover my health insurance until medicare kicks in.... momma's money was for "living" expenses since there would be no income... but all that is 5? years away......anyway long story short... thought we had it down pat... until Trump... who knows he might pull out a miracle and do something great for the economy.... but everything not looking that way... looks like more Reaganomics...... and I worked to long toward this goal to have it fucked up by this moron!

I was lucky when I was overseas my wife banked all my money and when I came home... we had a nice nest egg... and when we got our first house in Iowa... a fairly young couple next door was having a party... a mortgage burning party... had his house paid for!... showed me how to do it... take your payment break it down.. say it's 1,000... 150 of it is for ins/taxes.... 300 for interest and the rest is principal...make your payment and pay another just the principal... anyway it works if you work at...it also helps that I have NEVER had a car payment... but that's another story

I have a neighbor the one I call redneck... die hard republican.... madder than hell when he lost $60,000 in the stock market during Bush just before he was about to retire!.... Obama gets in and shortly after has aheart attack.... crying the blues.... loses his health care...aca comes along and gets coverage... still hated Obama..... now a strong Trump supporter... I asked him about his health care.... being smart said he was now on social sec/medicare... I asked if he had been paying attention to what they want to change...

Last edited:
.... being smart said he was now on social sec/medicare... I asked if he had been paying attention to what they want to change...
AARP had a real good article, in their December magazine, regarding the changes to Medicare if Republicans get rid of Obamacare ... pretty big changes. It might be good to give your neighbor a copy of that report. My dad's on Medicare Advantage.

Just goes to show there are some nice employers around.....

Heinz ketchup decided instead of paying the big bucks for ads during the super bowl.... they would just give all their employees Monday off with pay!

Regarding the Democratic Congress tard calling the riot a “beautiful sight” and calling for more violence, this is just too perfect.

I mean, if I infiltrated the Democratic party and was trying to destroy it from within, this is exactly what I would say: “let’s go ahead and pay groups of terroristic rioters to attack unarmed Trump supporters on the streets and, like, set everything on fire and smash out windows and attack the cops.”

This is just so very sloppy. Instead of thinking about how to put the party back together following their ******* defeat – which would require regaining voter confidence by putting forward leaders who are not utterly corrupt and owned by big financial interests and developing policies that are actually popular – they are deciding to go into some kind of weird guerrilla revolution mode.

Are They Seriously Planning to Overthrow the Government?

Even if the Democrats believe that all political options are gone, and the only way to regain control is through violent revolution, this is not the way you do it. Trump has control of the military, the police, the security services and overwhelming popular support from the people, especially the people who own weapons and know how to fight.

So the idea they’re going to use a bunch of spoiled rich ******* in black hoodies to take down the system and install Hillary or Cory Booker as leader is totally insane. They can’t possibly be thinking that.

But then: what the hell are they thinking?

If there is any logic to it – anything beyond a simple case of unhinged SJW's losing their minds – then the only thing I can figure is that they think if they can ******* a crackdown by Trump, that will prove to everyone that he’s an evil fascist.

But that doesn’t even make sense, because no normal person thinks it’s okay to just riot and attack people on the streets because you disagree with their political views. Normal people are going to cheer when Trump sends in the National Guard.

Washington Free Beacon:

Democratic Rep. Val Demings (Fla.) said on Thursday that the violent riots that took place at the University of California, Berkley the prior night were a “beautiful sight.”
200.gif
Demings and other Democrats applauded the violent protests that took place during a Capitol hill hearing.

------What is going to happen when Trump declares these groups behind this violence terrorists? Are they going to try and publicly support terrorist groups? Won’t that open them up to being charged with sedition?

******;) All going according to plan, *******
26646fc871fbf2af10db2d38e703c6bd43e37a94.gif

Last edited:
Back