OT - Anyone else watching World Cup?

Oranje shits the bed again.

I'm in no position to second guess Louis van Gaal, but why lead off with Vlaar during penalties? And on Sneijder's penalty, on slow motion you could see Romero leaning toward his right before Sneijder struck the ball. Let me just go on record and say that I hate penalty kicks.

So now we get the rubber match between Germany and Argentina, a match up of world soccer royalty. Messi vs. The Machine. If you're Brazilian, I don't which is worse- getting annihilated the way they did, or your biggest rival playing on your turf for the World Cup.

Well, I got 2 games wrong out of 16 in the knockout stage. USA vs. Belgium and Netherlands vs. Argentina. Not too bad. But I agree with your assessment of the shootout. Why not lead off with someone who is going to give you a good lead, like Van Persie?

Well, I got 2 games wrong out of 16 in the knockout stage. USA vs. Belgium and Netherlands vs. Argentina. Not too bad. But I agree with your assessment of the shootout. Why not lead off with someone who is going to give you a good lead, like Van Persie?

Van Persie was subbed out for Huntelaar in extra time, but you're right, why not lead off with Huntelaar, Kuyt, Blind, or Wijnaldum? And where was Memphis Depay today?

You don't sub for Van Persie, unless he is so injured he needs a casket.

Van Persie didn't train yesterday, and his fitness and availability for today was in doubt until the lineups were released. Perhaps van Gaal felt that he wasn't 100% and that Huntelaar would give them a spark and be able to create something, but given the way Argentina prevented Netherlands from controlling the midfield and their attacking 1/3, that was doubtful. Also, as the next manager for Man United, you have to wonder if that played role.

Celebrating today. I had a bet months ago on Germany to win the world cup at 40-1.

I placed £100. Do the maths. Betting slip to follow. Hehe

Celebrating today. I had a bet months ago on Germany to win the world cup at 40-1.

I placed £100. Do the maths. Betting slip to follow. Hehe

I'm surprised that Germany had such long odds with the sports book you used. They are always in the semifinals, them winning it all wasn't such a stretch.

Good for you for jumping on that and congratulations on your windfall.

Well said. But the bet was Man City to win the Premiership and Germany to win the world cup.
Admittedly, there were 3 bets placed. 1 sailed in. £300 risked for a £4000 win.

Someone should come party with me

Well said. But the bet was Man City to win the Premiership and Germany to win the world cup.
Admittedly, there were 3 bets placed. 1 sailed in. £300 risked for a £4000 win.

Someone should come party with me

Will some of those proceeds be used on wagers for the upcoming Premier League campaign?

I watched the MEX VS BRZ game today while at work (could hardly get any work done) and that was a such a fun entertaining watch.

Now that the Cup games are getting interesting Im excited to see the next round the two titan teams headed for collision for a final round knock-out:
a-world-cup-final-stage-jpg.1955741

b-world-cup-final-stage-jpg.1955742

c-world-cup-final-stage-jpg.1955743

But something to think about here:

screen-shot-2018-07-02-at-10-59-34-pm-png.1955744

Then who wins the battle of the hottest Team Fans?

A-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgB-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgC-World-Cup Final Stage.pngD-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgE-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgF-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgG-World-Cup Final Stage.jpgH-World-Cup Final Stage.jpg

Back