How and when did the term " thick" become a complimentary term to describe a woman's body?

Like most things in life, the change emerged over a long time period. I noticed it most when watching Olympics women's gymnastics. Twenty some years ago, the top gymnasts were not only small in stature but also skinny. Modern day team members are muscular and thick, thunder thighs, and ample booties, e.g., Simone Biles.

Always been a thing in the BLK community and many other variations (Girl you thicker than some Grits/Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat, That must be jelly, Look like 2 midgets playing basketball back there, etc), you just happen to be into BLK Men & it comes w/ the territory. Most Men look at life less attached to the words so sometimes we can come off "wrong" in tonality when giving a compliment, never sweat it.

This ass specifically tho? T H I C C ....and tasty looking, but that's a conversation for later.

Always been a thing in the BLK community and many other variations (Girl you thicker than some Grits/Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat, That must be jelly, Look like 2 midgets playing basketball back there, etc), you just happen to be into BLK Men & it comes w/ the territory. Most Men look at life less attached to the words so sometimes we can come off "wrong" in tonality when giving a compliment, never sweat it.

This ass specifically tho? T H I C C ....and tasty looking, but that's a conversation for later.
Basically, this...I think it started to get to other places in the early-mid 2000s, when non-black women's curves were celebrated (like Jenny and Kim).

Dude wtf are you talking about? If u arent a black Male stop tryna assert your theory on why we do/say *******. The word thick isn't a new term for us and it has NOTHING to do with being educated or anything gang related. Your views and opinions just come off as ignorant
Sigh. I miss Tray around here 🥺

He's seriously trying to white knight over what terms are offensive to women when he's all over the place flat out calling women all sorts of derogatory *******.. Someone come get their lonely uncle away from the computer🤦🏻

“Phat” was more controversial just because when spoken it sounds just like “fat” LOL! But also meant to be a compliment! Dayum girl ya gotta “phat” ass :LOL:

Let's be real, the appropriation of thicker, fuller, bigger women started with Black people so some people are never gonna "get it". But just like most good things Black people come up with we never get any credit.

White people didn't start ******* like PAWGin' shaq (1).png, thicc, or celebrating more meat on a woman. Yet now you see it celebrated here. That all stemmed from the culture full stop. The music-- fashion-- the lingo, all of it. It was definitely started to fight negatives stereotypes around body shaming black women and later become accepted among all types of women. But as usual, everybody wants to be black but nobody wants to be black lol. The culture stays being disrespected on here.

Anyone who thinks "phat" is a bad term has never been cool with Black people lmao.

White people didn't start ******* like PAWGin' View attachment 3601808, thicc, or celebrating more meat on a woman. Yet now you see it celebrated here. That all stemmed from the culture full stop. The music-- fashion-- the lingo, all of it. It was definitely started to fight negatives stereotypes around body shaming black women and later become accepted among all types of women. But as usual, everybody wants to be black but nobody wants to be black lol. The culture stays being disrespected on here.

I saw an old clip where a young Donald Trump was on the Oprah Winfrey show. He was saying some bullshit about how he thought black people had it made and had so much opportunity, and if he could be anything, he would choose to be black (just kissing Oprah's ass). I would love to be able to wave a magic wand and make his "dream" come true . . . there you go Donald! You're now officially black! His almost certain response? I am:oops:???? YAAAAAAAAAAAo_O!!! I AM :eek:!!!! 😜😆 😝!!!!

I L❤ve those old school terms for thick:
Voluptuous
Busty
Shapely
Juicy
Ham - Mo ham than a rotisserie
Cake - Mo cake than Duncan Hines
Pheminine phats😘 All your womanly goodies❤

...But whether thick, slim, or average I'm treating everyone's goodies the same and eat'm up like a burger and fries and pound that pussy like it stole something! ♠️😎

I L❤ve those old school terms for thick:
Voluptuous
Busty
Shapely
Juicy
Ham - Mo ham than a rotisserie
Cake - Mo cake than Duncan Hines
Pheminine phats😘 All your womanly goodies❤

...But whether thick, slim, or average I'm treating everyone's goodies the same and eat'm up like a burger and fries and pound that pussy like it stole something! ♠😎

How about this one . . . “rubenesque” . . . that one was around for a minute.

Back