Do you gossip about other members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuno

Male
Gold Member
Since I asked the question first, it's only fair to answer! Not usually, but have discreetly shared information in PM's. We're probably all guilty of it. Try not to betray trust, and keep a promise if asked. Otherwise, if somebody has left the forum, it's kind of fair game.

Since I asked the question first, it's only fair to answer! Not usually, but have discreetly shared information in PM's. We're probably all guilty of it. Try not to betray trust, and keep a promise if asked. Otherwise, if somebody has left the forum, it's kind of fair game.
lol, funny question you pose @Kuno and quite obvious. I've discussed this very topic with a few people I know from this site and I use the analogy that this site is like high-school all over again. You got little cliques (i.e. running across kik groups), people who are immature, those who are envious, jealous, and have nothing else better or important going on in their lives than to gossip about other people on this site just like you find in high-school.

This site is a wonderful social network, a community of sorts and has all the benefits of that to virtually, meet, learn, network, and chat with some great people. However like anywhere in the world and in life you encounter both the good/bad side of people and having the ability to anonymously hide behind a keyboard without the confrontation of meeting face to face only emboldens some to gossip. I hear alot and its funny how people say "...they would get mad at me for telling you this" but word still gets around.

Bottom line, expect gossip is occurring and you will be gossiped about especially if your business is out in front for the whole high-school, err I mean small-world here to see it or if someone feels you slighted them in some way.

Excellent reply, BBB76! Think we're all guilty of it to at least some extent. Even something simple as describing a PM with another member. "You talked to him??" or "What did she say??" When tempered with maturity and discretion it enhances the experience here, which overall should be fun and sexy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back