"Best" current lifestyle "dating" site these days, which do you recommend, and why?

Elelator_Cpl

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
We haven't had an active profile on any "swinger" or "lifestyle" sites such as SLS, SDC, AFF, LL, Fet Life, etc in a very long time... years before the pandemic actually, and then the pandemic itself slowed down most lifestyle activities to a near halt of course.

But now with that behind us, and things beginning to return to mostly normal over the last year or so, we thought we might create some new profiles on a site or two since B2W isn't really a "dating" (if that's what those sites should be called :rolleyes: ) site/forum per se.

We had been members of Lifestyle Lounge and Swing Life Style most recently some years back, and others that are long lost to the fog of time... all with mixed results.

So instead of just revisiting those sites without checking, I thought I'd start a thread talking about which sites were the "best" lately. But what does "best" mean? That would certainly vary depending on who is asking, but perhaps the following criteria may help identify which sites may be effective and welcoming for some people.

One interesting observation was that we found that although hosted in the greater Internet, some of these sites perhaps surprisingly often had a regional impact/presence with most of the active members and activities seemingly regionalized to specific areas of the country. For example Lifestyle Lounge some years ago seemed to have a more west coast focused membership, specifically California. And Swing Life Style seemed to be more east cost focused, specifically in the southeast. I'm not sure if that is still the case, but it seemed to be true some years ago. So if that is still somewhat true for a given site, that might be good to note for others to be aware of when deciding which site to put the most effort into. After all if you live in Georgia, but the site you are on is heavily populated with members west of the Rockies, that may not be the best site for you to put a lot of effort into.

And of course, some sites seemed to more welcoming or with more accounts from members that have certain similar preferences and interests. It might be interesting to hear what others have experienced as members of some of those sites in the last few years, and identify if one site might be more friendly and productive for say B2W members or other interests (e.g. LGBTQ+, BDSM, groups, parties, etc).

And finally, how well did the overall site and its tools and features (e.g. messaging, photo management, forum, friend management, etc) make it really effective at finding people with similar interests, managing those friends, and ultimately meeting people?

Does that all cover "best"? Again, I suppose it depends, and feel free to add more criteria of what constitutes "best".

But ultimately we would love to hear about others' recent or long-term experiences with some of these lifestyle "dating" sites, which ones do seem to have survived and grown following the pandemic, and if you thought the effort and perhaps cost was worth it for a given site. We, like others too I suspect, don't want to maintain several profiles, but instead focus on one or maybe two that provide the most value based upon your own criteria, because it can be a lot of work otherwise ;)

Thanks!

We are mid 60's. Started in the back of the local avant-garde newspaper at that time. We were on old ones in the 90's. In 2011. we used AFF for several years, and then found Passion was cheaper and the same as AFF, same profiles and chat. We had pretty good luck with both of those sites. After Covid, we used SLS a short time, now are on SDC. SDC has been good. We are in Texas and there is a good group of people on there, but a lot of profiles from Florida and the Netherlands. All good. Happy Wife, Happy Life!

I know Vybe is new and doesn't have many users yet. It is made for the Hotwife lifestyle though, and has basic chat with AI, which is interesting. Do you know some better chat sites we can check out? KIK is horrible.

Kik Is flaky for sure, but we don’t like giving out our text to people we’ve not met, so we kind of feel stuck with it as a first point of contact. Years ago Yahoo had a product called messenger that allowed you to anonymously chat via sms through phone numbers or other yahoo users. That was great. Actually used it to hook up with my wife for the first time. 😄

Kik Is flaky for sure, but we don’t like giving out our text to people we’ve not met, so we kind of feel stuck with it as a first point of contact. Years ago Yahoo had a product called messenger that allowed you to anonymously chat via sms through phone numbers or other yahoo users. That was great. Actually used it to hook up with my wife for the first time. 😄
There are apps that’ll let you assign a temporary number to your phone. The messages will redirect to your phone, but your number will appear as the assigned number to others. You can text, call, send pics, etc… Whenever you feel comfortable, you can disassociate the number in the app and give whomever your real number. It makes communicating more streamline, and it’s equally discreet.

Should say while there are numerous phone apps that assign temporary numbers, however most of the dating apps and services do not accept them on a practical basis. It's a shame but definitely the case.

Google voice works for having a fake phone number to keep potential partners out of your actual DMs.

Very leery of making contact by txt. We tried to attend a party a few years ago that required RSVP by text msg, not through a website. We couldn't make it due to getting the flu, but I was horrified a few weeks later when the party group spammed a hardcore NSFW ad for their next party by text in the middle of a work day. Thank god I wasn't around coworkers when it came in. Really uncool.

If we were going to be seriously active (lol vs basically "not") I'd probably get us a basic pre-paid burner phone and keep lifestyle stuff 100% off of our regular phones.

Back