Allowing teachers to ccw

not what you are going to want to read AlanM

Judge: Assault weapons ban doesn't violate 2nd Amendment
ALANNA DURKIN RICHER,

Video

BOSTON (AP) — Assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are not protected by the Second Amendment, a federal judge said in a ruling Friday upholding Massachusetts' ban on the weapons.
U.S. District Judge William Young dismissed a lawsuit challenging the 20-year-old ban, saying assault weapons are military firearms that fall beyond the reach of the constitutional right to "bear arms."
Regulation of the weapons is a matter of policy, not for the courts, he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-upholds-massachusetts-assault-weapons-ban-151358843.html

ALANNA DURKIN RICHER,

Video

BOSTON (AP) — Assault weapons and large-capacity magazines are not protected by the Second Amendment, a federal judge said in a ruling Friday upholding Massachusetts' ban on the weapons.
U.S. District Judge William Young dismissed a lawsuit challenging the 20-year-old ban, saying assault weapons are military firearms that fall beyond the reach of the constitutional right to "bear arms."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-judge-upholds-massachusetts-assault-weapons-ban-151358843.html

Read that yesterday.... I dont hold much faith in anyone in massachusetts doing the right thing so it doesnt surprise me. Just another state i have no desire to live in or visit.

Plus its one guys opinion. For every judge that thinks like him there is another who thinks the opposite.

ALANNA DURKIN RICHER,

Video

Plus its a meaningless ban. You can still own them from before the previous 1994 ban so its not like there are no AR's in Massachusetts. Wont make Massachusetts one bit safer. Criminals in Boston wont give a ******* about a ban.

you have a point here?

Non-Gun Mass Murders (worldwide):
By no means is this a complete list. I have focused on 2008, and NOT included the majority of terrorist attacks in recent times, most of which involve car bombs (London), attaché bombs on trains (Madrid), the Sarin gas attack in Tokyo, etc. (and in fact almost all modern terrorist attacks are done without guns for the reasons of efficiency stated above).

Arson, Stabbing Rampage in Seoul South Korea : 10/20/2008. 6 people dead, 5 from stabbing. 7 others wounded, 4 seriously. An angry man felt people “looked down on him.”

Anti-police stabbing spree in Shanghai, China: 7/2008. 6 Police Officers stabbed to death, 4 wounded. 28 year old man angry at police attacked a police station with a knife.

Akihabara Massacre, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan: 6/8/2008. 7 people killed (3 struck by car, 4 by stabbing), many more injured. Man slammed into a crowd with his car, then jumped out and began stabbing people to death.

18 year old slashes 4 to death in Sitka, Alaska, US: 3/25/2008. 4 people killed. 18 year old (old enough to purchase a rifle over the counter) kills 4 people, related to him, with a 5 inch knife.

Stabbing Spree kills 2, Tsuchiura, Japan: 3/23/2008. 2 killed, 7 wounded. Man “just wanted to ******* anyone.”

Stabbing spree wounds 41, 6 seriously in Berlin Train Station: 5/26/2006. 41 wounded, 6 seriously. Thankfully no one died in this attack, but not for lack of trying on the part of the ******* 16 year old.

4 killed in stabbing spree in London, UK: 9/2004. 4 killed, 2 wounded. Mentally ill man attacks mostly older people.

6 killed over Xbox dispute in Deltona, Florida, US: 8/6/2004. 6 killed. 4 men (all old enough to legally purchase firearms) bludgeon 6 people to death with baseball bats over purloined Xbox.

Daegu subway fire, Daegu, South Korea: 2/18/2003. 198 killed, 147 injured. A 56 year old unemployed taxi driver, dissatisfied with his medical treatment, sets fire to a crowded train.

Osaka School Massacre, Osaka Japan: 6/8/2001. 8 children dead, 13 other children and 2 teachers wounded. Committed by 37 year old former janitor armed with a kitchen knife.

Thankfully mass murders are extremely rare. There are 200 hundred million adults in the United States and only a few mass murders per year (any weapon). Per capita, I have seen statistics that claim Europe as a whole has fairly close to the same number of people murdered in mass murders as the US, though a far lower gun ownership rate and a far lower overall ******* rate.

MY point being.....pick something and someone has killed someone with it...BUT no where near the numbers as the assault weapon

..... and you wonder why I'm so rude to you in the political forum. You can't seem to just post a remark, you've got to direct a sarcastic remark (in 3rd person I might add) to try to make the other poster inferior or belittled. Its your style ... you never initiate a conversation, you just find those you can direct your smart ass remarks at ... its no wonder no one wants to carry on a conversation with you. I ignore you, hoping you'll ignore me, but you're simply starving for confrontation so you can throw up your hands and then point out the rude responses you get back. ..... So, if you desire to go back and forth with insults, LETS DO JUST THAT. I do have a job during the week, and try to give my family added attention on the weekends (which it appears you really have NEITHER of those obligations), but I'll be glad to respond back to you in 'rude fashion' each time you refer to me in 3rd person. That said ...
This is just Mac demonstrating his usual ill-informed hypocrisy. The M1 carbine is damn sure an assault rifle. Just like the AR-15, it was designed for military use....which doesn't mean it can't be/has no legitimate civilian uses.
..... You need to do some research yourself, 'oh wise man in your own mind', as the M1 was used purposely and primarily as a defensive weapon in Vietnam for non-front line personnel. My ******* carried a M2, himself, as a clergy. But do your research, fool ... the M1 quit being used as a offensive weapon after the Korean war.
Looking at the M1 as an offensive weapon, today, compared to the AR-15, is like comparing race cars of the 1950's to race cars of 2018 ... yeah, they were both used at one time as offensive, miliarty weapons, but the military moved on to guns that were more destructive. Guns who's bullets didn't need to hit the '******* zone' to *******, like the .223 rounds of today.
M1.... = .30 cal soft nose bullet travels 1,600 fps 625 ft lb of muzzle energy​
AR15 = .223 bullet travels at over 2,800 fps 1,000 ft ib of muzzle energy​
Possibly you are referring to a Ruger Mini 14 ... visually similar to a M1 but same characteristics of the AR-15. I can see your confusion in your stronger desire to cause hate & discontent with liberal minded individuals in this forum. You look past what is posted, only looking for something to comment negatively on.
Not only that, but Mac's precious M1 carbine has been used in multiple mass shootings. It was the primary rifle used by James Pough in the Jacksonville, FL 1990 shooting.
..... "precious M1 carbine" ... LOL ... you are a fucking joke, H-H ... if you'll go back and read post #1,269 you'll see I referenced the M1 as nostalgic. It being a nice, smaller, light-weight rifle to have around. I'm referring to the WW2 & Korean war M1's ... standard issues with the 15-round mags. And, it was a conversation that I was having with someone else and YOU decided to stick your big nose into the conversation and be sarcastic ... you really DO miss conversations with me, don't you? I ignore you, and you just talk about me in 3rd person to encourage a nasty response so you can complain about my nasty responses towards you.
..... Now, take your gay ass somewhere else and bother someone else, and as usual ...
......pic_EatShitAndDIE.jpgMac

You need to do some research yourself, 'oh wise man in your own mind', as the M1 was used purposely and primarily as a defensive weapon in Vietnam for non-front line personnel. My ******* carried a M2, himself, as a clergy. But do your research, fool ... the M1 quit being used as a offensive weapon after the Korean war.
And another stellar example of your typical strawman argument bullshit Mac. You just love trying to argue against things people didn't say. I'm sure in your mind it makes it easier to fantasize about you winning an argument. I didn't say anything about how the M1 carbine was used in Vietnam. I said "The M1 carbine is damn sure an assault rifle. Just like the AR-15, it was designed for military use....which doesn't mean it can't be/has no legitimate civilian uses." That statement is 100% true. Try disputing what I actually say for a change. It was the assault rifle used by elite assault troops like the 101st Airborne.

Looking at the M1 as an offensive weapon, today, compared to the AR-15, is like comparing race cars of the 1950's to race cars of 2018 ... yeah, they were both used at one time as offensive, miliarty weapons, but the military moved on to guns that were more destructive. Guns who's bullets didn't need to hit the '******* zone' to *******, like the .223 rounds of today.
M1.... = .30 cal soft nose bullet travels 1,600 fps 625 ft lb of muzzle energyAR15 = .223 bullet travels at over 2,800 fps 1,000 ft ib of muzzle energy
Now you're just demonstrating your own ignorance. There's this wonderful tool these days called google. You might want to learn how to use it. Your stats for the M1 carbine are way off. Did you look up the wrong specs, or just pulling numbers out of your ass to try and argue your lost point? The M1 carbine had a muzzle velocity of approximately 1,990 fps and 967 ft pounds ******* of energy. So it is within 3% of the energy you claimed for the AR15.

http://gundata.org/cartridge/52/.30-m1-carbine/

but I'll be glad to respond back to you in 'rude fashion' each time you refer to me in 3rd person.
Of course you see no issue with referring to me in the third person. Just recently in the thread you brought me up in a reply to Alanm calling me turd droppings and brought me up in another of your replies to two-bi suggesting we "get a room and do each other". I always thought your name calling (and math skills) put you around a 6th grade level, but that might be optimistic!

..... and you wonder why I'm so rude to you in the political forum. You can't seem to just post a remark, you've got to direct a sarcastic remark (in 3rd person I might add) to try to make the other poster inferior or belittled. Its your style ... you never initiate a conversation, you just find those you can direct your smart ass remarks at ... its no wonder no one wants to carry on a conversation with you. I ignore you, hoping you'll ignore me, but you're simply starving for confrontation so you can throw up your hands and then point out the rude responses you get back. ..... So, if you desire to go back and forth with insults, LETS DO JUST THAT. I do have a job during the week, and try to give my family added attention on the weekends (which it appears you really have NEITHER of those obligations), but I'll be glad to respond back to you in 'rude fashion' each time you refer to me in 3rd person. That said ...

..... You need to do some research yourself, 'oh wise man in your own mind', as the M1 was used purposely and primarily as a defensive weapon in Vietnam for non-front line personnel. My ******* carried a M2, himself, as a clergy. But do your research, fool ... the M1 quit being used as a offensive weapon after the Korean war.
M1.... = .30 cal soft nose bullet travels 1,600 fps 625 ft lb of muzzle energy​
AR15 = .223 bullet travels at over 2,800 fps 1,000 ft ib of muzzle energy​
Possibly you are referring to a Ruger Mini 14 ... visually similar to a M1 but same characteristics of the AR-15. I can see your confusion in your stronger desire to cause hate & discontent with liberal minded individuals in this forum. You look past what is posted, only looking for something to comment negatively on.

..... "precious M1 carbine" ... LOL ... you are a fucking joke, H-H ... if you'll go back and read post #1,269 you'll see I referenced the M1 as nostalgic. It being a nice, smaller, light-weight rifle to have around. I'm referring to the WW2 & Korean war M1's ... standard issues with the 15-round mags. And, it was a conversation that I was having with someone else and YOU decided to stick your big nose into the conversation and be sarcastic ... you really DO miss conversations with me, don't you? I ignore you, and you just talk about me in 3rd person to encourage a nasty response so you can complain about my nasty responses towards you.
..... Now, take your gay ass somewhere else and bother someone else, and as usual ...
......View attachment 1805787Mac

Well your number are off on both the M1 and AR as they both are higher velocity than you posted but thats not the point. My original point was you have no problem with an m1 carbine but the AR is the devil. They are both rifle rounds....both semi auto . Both can be had with high cap magazines and both will ******* you just as easily. Stop making the .223 round to be some mythical magic amazing death round. Its a rifle round and a moderately powered one at that. In fact in the hunting world ...yes people hunt with the .223 round its a low powered round.

fuck...retired almost a week now and still up and doing the same ******* as before!

anyway here is an interesting read and not sure I like it ...but there is some truth to it
and I feel that what these ******* are asking for is not that difficult and should be given some serious consideration....compared to what some people in congress are wanting/trying to do...and what some are trying not to do!...I'm still for the assault weapon ban!...just some logic needs to be used here and in politics it seems that does not apply!

Letters: Gun control just helps criminals
The Advocate 8 hours ago

2b40277f357c315af0433f2725b83be9

Mark Foster states that there are five items gun control advocates are asking for, not confiscation. Apparently, he hasn't seen or read H.R. 5087, which states that after 2018, any semi-automatic *******, shotgun or rifle will be banned if passed.The next step after banning is confiscation. If anyone thinks that banning or limiting these guns will make us safer, then you need to think about the crimes committed daily by convicted felons with firearms that are illegal for a felon to own. This law will not stop anyone with evil intent from obtaining a gun, bomb, knife or other weapon. Does anyone think that if more laws are passed that these criminals will turn in their guns or just feel safer ...
Read more

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/1c0243d8-9cfe-328d-bdc2-8813bcef22a3/ss_letters:-gun-control-just.html

I am NOT and NRA fan and think they should be done away with! they have put a major con on most people that want guns and the right to have them, they pushed their fear and paranoia....all because they were paid to do so!
( the dollar runs this country instead of what is right and wrong)

Imagine if the auto manuf. had done the same thing as the NRA.....both are representing manuf.!...and the auto people could dictate what they wanted to build and how it could be driven and etc...we would be fighting over speed limits, emissions, gas usage and etc! If they gave out money like the NRA we would have no safety/emission or any other say in what is safe or needed! And like the NRA they get the big tax break!
and the NRA is no different...they paid big bucks to buy our congress and sell America on what ever they wanted to build...public be damned!
and just like excessive horsepower on cars...there needs to be limits on some guns

Back