What if the Wife Turns Up Pregnant?

Found this site and this thread, was hoping for some advise. Im 18 and male and have a 10 year old sibling. My parents have always had a normal and happy relationship and neither of them has been with anyone else during that time. It has been brought to my attention now though, that having me and my sibling being grown up and old enough to not need constant parenting, they're starting to get into swinging, or at least my mom is. They aren't really keeping it very secretive and my mom has been going out with much younger black men for the nights etc.

A few days ago I over heard my parents talking about my mom possibly getting pregnant or trying to with a black bull. By the sounds of it, my dad wasn't too keen on the idea but wasn't so sure and left it to 'we'll talk more later'.

As you can probably imagine, this came as quite a shock to me and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what I should do in this situation?

Thanks
Just want to know the current situation in your family. I guess that your mom's decision on havieng a black man's baby was made upon her black bull's demand. Also i don't think that your mom's and *******'s relationship were perfect as you wrote about it earlier. Your ******* obviously didn't satisfy your mom's sexual needs anymore so she started cheating, swinging and got addicted to BBC. I advice you not to interfere in her personal life, since you may become her enemy, that would be much worse situation for you than if you didn't. You haven't informed us of your mom's age. May be she isn't able to conceive anymore so your fears are groundless. Don't confront her and don't get anyone's side. Let them live their lives. I think in any case your ******* and your mom will support financially and emotionally both you and your younger brother. Let alone you are a fully grown up man now and you can take the responsibility for your own life by yourself. I feel for you and will be glad if my advice can help you to overcome that difficult and complicated situation. Don't fogert to update your story so we can be informed.

Just want to know the current situation in your family. I guess that your mom's decision on havieng a black man's baby was made upon her black bull's demand. Also i don't think that your mom's and *******'s relationship were perfect as you wrote about it earlier. Your ******* obviously didn't satisfy your mom's sexual needs anymore so she started cheating, swinging and got addicted to BBC. I advice you not to interfere in her personal life, since you may become her enemy, that would be much worse situation for you than if you didn't. You haven't informed us of your mom's age. May be she isn't able to conceive anymore so your fears are groundless. Don't confront her and don't get anyone's side. Let them live their lives. I think in any case your ******* and your mom will support financially and emotionally both you and your younger brother. Let alone you are a fully grown up man now and you can take the responsibility for your own life by yourself. I feel for you and will be glad if my advice can help you to overcome that difficult and complicated situation. Don't fogert to update your story so we can be informed.

Thanks for your input. I will update, but before I do, I'll just say that you were a bit late and I ended up doing the opposite of what you suggested, though it hasn't ended up with a fallout between me and my mom (thankfully.)

Now for the update...

I did as some of you suggested and approached my mom about the situation. To my surprise, she made it as least awkward as she could and was very open about the whole thing. I was expecting to hear that it was probably just a passing phase she was having, but just as you thought, she explained to me that it was actually her 'bulls' idea and he was pushing it. She feels as though it would be wrong of her to deny it and that it would be better for their relationship if she had his baby. I expressed my concerns to her and told her that I don't think she's really considering my dad's point of view but she seemed to have thought this out a lot better than I was expecting and had answers for everything. By the end of our discussion I felt as if I was almost begging for her to change her mind about the whole thing but the points I (and many of you in your private messages) thought were very rational and clear suddenly didn't seem to amount to much when she could counter them.

I think my efforts, if anything, further cemented her ideas that this is what she should do and the fact that she could counter every one of my points has made her even more sure that his is a good idea. As it stands now, I know she has discussed the topic further with my dad and has told me that most likely she is going to go through with the pregnancy.

As I'm sure most of you can imagine, I was pretty upset and shocked by this as until this point, it had only seemed like some kind of fantasy of theirs and not something which would become very real. I'm trying to deal with how this is really going to be and took quite a lot of comfort in your post, Ycom, as you reminded me about how really at my age this is going to have a fairly minimal effect (hopefully) and I should be out of there soon within a few years anyway.

(Sorry for the long post by the way, just a lot of information to give and a rather large update I think!)

In regards to information about my mom and family, I think I've missed out quite a bit in previous posts and I think some of you may be surprised by what I'm about to say.
To start with, my mom is still able to have ******* (she made that abundantly clear).

I know the website is called black to white, but I'm sure my story is no different. Probably should have mentioned this earlier but anyway, here it is now: my family are NOT white. We are actually of Indian descent but all born in the US. HOWEVER, thanks to my dad's occupation and the school's my sibling and I attended etc, we pretty much only have white middle-class friends and fit very well into that lifestyle. The only thing differentiating us from your typical privately educated middle class white closed friend group type is that we're brown! So please don't let that change any preconceptions you may have already built about my situation assuming I was white as they still 100% stand.

This may sound a little stupid but you'll have to understand, the reason I didn't mention this before (if it was expected of me anyway) was because I didn't want to cloud anyones ideas about the situation as I know quite often knowing that we aren't white on the outside can come with untrue preconceptions about things like religion, family values etc. Not to mention that really, I forget that I'm not white sometimes!
Anyway I hope this isn't such a big shocker to you all and you can carry on advising on the situation as if I were white and my family's situation was as you imagined it before.

Future: I'm thinking that the best way to go about this seeing as my mom has made up her mind is to make the best of what I can only describe as a bad situation. Hopefully the idea will grow on me and I will one day understand why she feels as though 'it would be wrong to deny it'. I told her that there is an online community who are knowledgeable about this whole thing and may, if you all think it's a good idea, give them a little info on this site so they can join and discuss whatever goes on in the future.

Again, thanks very much for all the help and advice so far. I think you've all helped me feel better about the whole thing even though it doesn't seem to be heading in the direction I was hoping for. I'm sure some of you might be a little confused about the bombshell I dropped about my family's ethnicity etc, so I'd be happy to clarify anything if you want.

I'm sure some of you might be a little confused about the bombshell I dropped about my family's ethnicity etc, so I'd be happy to clarify anything if you want.

I'm still concerned about your dad's feelings. While many of those on this site approve of what your mom is doing, clearly your dad doesn't. What was your mom's response when you expressed your concern that she was not understanding his point of view?

Thanks for your input. I will update, but before I do, I'll just say that you were a bit late and I ended up doing the opposite of what you suggested, though it hasn't ended up with a fallout between me and my mom (thankfully.)

Now for the update...

I did as some of you suggested and approached my mom about the situation. To my surprise, she made it as least awkward as she could and was very open about the whole thing. I was expecting to hear that it was probably just a passing phase she was having, but just as you thought, she explained to me that it was actually her 'bulls' idea and he was pushing it. She feels as though it would be wrong of her to deny it and that it would be better for their relationship if she had his baby. I expressed my concerns to her and told her that I don't think she's really considering my dad's point of view but she seemed to have thought this out a lot better than I was expecting and had answers for everything. By the end of our discussion I felt as if I was almost begging for her to change her mind about the whole thing but the points I (and many of you in your private messages) thought were very rational and clear suddenly didn't seem to amount to much when she could counter them.

I think my efforts, if anything, further cemented her ideas that this is what she should do and the fact that she could counter every one of my points has made her even more sure that his is a good idea. As it stands now, I know she has discussed the topic further with my dad and has told me that most likely she is going to go through with the pregnancy.

As I'm sure most of you can imagine, I was pretty upset and shocked by this as until this point, it had only seemed like some kind of fantasy of theirs and not something which would become very real. I'm trying to deal with how this is really going to be and took quite a lot of comfort in your post, Ycom, as you reminded me about how really at my age this is going to have a fairly minimal effect (hopefully) and I should be out of there soon within a few years anyway.

(Sorry for the long post by the way, just a lot of information to give and a rather large update I think!)

In regards to information about my mom and family, I think I've missed out quite a bit in previous posts and I think some of you may be surprised by what I'm about to say.
To start with, my mom is still able to have ******* (she made that abundantly clear).

I know the website is called black to white, but I'm sure my story is no different. Probably should have mentioned this earlier but anyway, here it is now: my family are NOT white. We are actually of Indian descent but all born in the US. HOWEVER, thanks to my dad's occupation and the school's my sibling and I attended etc, we pretty much only have white middle-class friends and fit very well into that lifestyle. The only thing differentiating us from your typical privately educated middle class white closed friend group type is that we're brown! So please don't let that change any preconceptions you may have already built about my situation assuming I was white as they still 100% stand.

This may sound a little stupid but you'll have to understand, the reason I didn't mention this before (if it was expected of me anyway) was because I didn't want to cloud anyones ideas about the situation as I know quite often knowing that we aren't white on the outside can come with untrue preconceptions about things like religion, family values etc. Not to mention that really, I forget that I'm not white sometimes!
Anyway I hope this isn't such a big shocker to you all and you can carry on advising on the situation as if I were white and my family's situation was as you imagined it before.

Future: I'm thinking that the best way to go about this seeing as my mom has made up her mind is to make the best of what I can only describe as a bad situation. Hopefully the idea will grow on me and I will one day understand why she feels as though 'it would be wrong to deny it'. I told her that there is an online community who are knowledgeable about this whole thing and may, if you all think it's a good idea, give them a little info on this site so they can join and discuss whatever goes on in the future.

Again, thanks very much for all the help and advice so far. I think you've all helped me feel better about the whole thing even though it doesn't seem to be heading in the direction I was hoping for. I'm sure some of you might be a little confused about the bombshell I dropped about my family's ethnicity etc, so I'd be happy to clarify anything if you want.

Something that always confuses me today . "We are actually of Indian descent but all born in the US."
Are you saying your family is from India ? In America , we have many "indians" from many tribes . Some of them from Canada . Some of them from Mexico . Some from Central and South America . Others from all over the USA

What about my previous posts could possibly give you the idea that I want a younger 'sibling' in anyway?!

You're clearly making up stories. You sound like a weirdo who makes up stories and acts weird, etc. on dating sites. Like how many indians are. No one's buying it. Anyway, yes, this is is called black to white. Many of your race look black, so it's not a big deal.

You're clearly making up stories. You sound like a weirdo who makes up stories and acts weird, etc. on dating sites. Like how many indians are. No one's buying it. Anyway, yes, this is is called black to white. Many of your race look black, so it's not a big deal.
He seems to be in no lack of fantasies.

Perhaps the gentleman should try a career as a writer, he certainly has the ability to develop fictional characters.

Look at what he said: "I forget that I'm not white sometimes!" In my opinion it takes an idiot to believe something like that.

I'm still concerned about your dad's feelings. While many of those on this site approve of what your mom is doing, clearly your dad doesn't. What was your mom's response when you expressed your concern that she was not understanding his point of view?

She managed to bypass the concerns of his feelings but went on to give some fair points about why it shouldn't be so upsetting to him. I found it pretty hard to 'argue' the opposite side to this as she kept finding ways out of answering. However, after our initial discussion, she has properly confronted my dad on the whole thing and the idea I got by what she told me later is that he has either just given up and given in, or has changed his mind about the whole situation and is now supporting it. I was under the real impression previously that this was something he was truly against, so I'm not sure exactly how it went down between them.

Something that always confuses me today . "We are actually of Indian descent but all born in the US."
Are you saying your family is from India ? In America , we have many "indians" from many tribes . Some of them from Canada . Some of them from Mexico . Some from Central and South America . Others from all over the USA

I meant Indians with ancestors from India. Not native American Indians. Though generations ago our family tree is from India, my grandparents, parents and I were all born in the US. Unlike most people of Indian (india) descent in this country who are usually the first generation of their family to be born here and their parents have immigrated from elsewhere.

Back