Trump wins

there have been several.... smarter than you to say that the way to fix the economy is good paid workers who spend that money!.... sure you are investing in workers to do a job... and they pay taxes... but they also buy merchandise from small biz... which means small biz will probably hire more people ... making that much more paying taxes... you only see it your way and NOT the big picture!
The economy hasn't been healthy for some time. My beleif in small business is a matter of historical fact. Traditionally 60% of the work ******* has been employed by small business, that is no longer the case. You and several others including Obama and Trump cling to the belief that the country can spend it's way out of debt. All the programs in world aren't going to revive the economy until small business is revitalized.

there have been several.... smarter than you to say that the way to fix the economy is good paid workers who spend that money!.... sure you are investing in workers to do a job... and they pay taxes... but they also buy merchandise from small biz... which means small biz will probably hire more people ... making that much more paying taxes... you only see it your way and NOT the big picture
Oh I do see the big picture. The country needs more taxpayers that aren't sucking money from the government.

I get my info from the net... I trust people that are involved in that
Really? Are you one of those people that think everything you read on the internet is true? That explains a lot. I would like to stay and have more banter but I got other things to do. Take a chill pill and relax. I would feel bad if you had a heart attack on my account.

Really? Are you one of those people that think everything you read on the internet is true? That explains a lot
when there are several articles from different people all saying the same thing... and those people have the creditails to go with it... yes I would take them over your OPINIONS anyday!

call what you want but if the return doesn't exceed the investment then you loose money. That means the debt goes up.

true... but one step at a time..... what is the country doing for it now?... sitting back listening to your party take away workers benefits to make big biz even richer!

well since torp is getting upset that I don't value his opinions over facts from people that know.... guess we need a little hunor

View attachment 1061034
View attachment 1061035
View attachment 1061036
View attachment 1061038

Jon Stewart had a great interview on the Trump Effect, he is right that no one group is a monolith such as people who voted for Trump any much less than Muslims are. We are each our own unique and distinctive individuals with our own motivations behind why we do what we do. Just something to reflect upon:

Gonna have to call BS on that one
read the meme again... it says GLOBAL....... we are far behind the rest of the world in doing away with coal..... and now looks like we will be leading the world in it's pollution.... since China has now even started to make preparations to clean up it's air!

and this morning I saw on the front page of yahoo.... naturally.... that 26 different scientists are urging trump not to take the country backwards!

but the right has a problem... just like with their funding... they only see money lining the pockets of some... and could care less about the country!

Last edited:
....Weaning our country off the reliance of fossil fuels, and finding cleaner alternatives, won't matter to some until it does matter, then it'll be too late, and we'll all be fighting over the scraps at the table.
....The US is in a very good position to control the world with its natural resources alone ... we'll be the last major country with fresh water IF we prepare ourselves. We could be the last major country with an abundance of food, if we prepare ourselves.

read the meme again... it says GLOBAL....... we are far behind the rest of the world in doing away with coal..... and now looks like we will be leading the world in it's pollution.... since China has now even started to make preparations to clean up it's air!

and this morning I saw on the front page of yahoo.... naturally.... that 26 different scientists are urging trump not to take the country backwards!

but the right has a problem... just like with their funding... they only see money lining the pockets of some... and could care less about the country!

Thats OK....coal is not the enemy if managed properly. I know several people that travel to China regularly and have said they are way way worse in air quality than the US.....

Thats OK....coal is not the enemy if managed properly. I know several people that travel to China regularly and have said they are way way worse in air quality than the US.....

are you crazy... managed properly.... how can you stop all the ******* that goes in the air.... and that's just one part of it!
and China knows it has a problem and is working on it.. they just started a year or so ago and it will take a while to clean up that mess... and yes they are worse than us... right now... but that shouldn't be a standard we compare ourselves to.... oh it's ok to use coal we are not as bad as China?

are you crazy... managed properly.... how can you stop all the ******* that goes in the air.... and that's just one part of it!
and China knows it has a problem and is working on it.. they just started a year or so ago and it will take a while to clean up that mess... and yes they are worse than us... right now... but that shouldn't be a standard we compare ourselves to.... oh it's ok to use coal we are not as bad as China?

Dude we have been using coal fired power plants for a long time and with the requirements by the EPA in 2015 plants have been ****** to install flue gas desulfurization equipment to bring emissions in line with EPA regulations.

This is extremely costly and the projections are that by 2020 90 % of the coal fired plants will be shutdown.

Luckily the fracking industry has caused the price of natural gas to drop so lots of energy companies are switching over to plants that burn clean natural gas.

Even though these plants dont have any of the emission problems coal plants did i wonder how long before the EPA and the Environmentalists will find something wrong with these plants to.

i wonder how long before the EPA and the Environmentalists will find something wrong with these plants to.
....What do you mean "how long" ... ??? How about NOW? Time, once again, Alanm, to pull your head out of the hole and look around. Fracking is causing all kinds of problems, but the primary problem are all the chemicals they are pumping into the ground to bring the natural gas up from the ground; it's poisoning the ground water with chemicals and making people sick, Alanm. Hell, they've even made movies about it, one recent one was Matt Damon in Promised Land, and 60 minutes has even covered it a couple times, showing people's sink water "burning". Here, in NC, the Republican general assembly and our Republican governor signed a law 2 years ago saying that the fracking companies did not have to reveal the chemicals they are pumping into the ground. It was to protect the frackers from being sued whenever someone's well water got poisoned and health issues arise. The Koch Bros. fingerprints were all over that bill.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-coleman/fracking-rules-in-north-c_b_5352907.html
.....Besides the huge amount of fresh water they pump into the ground, they pump hundreds of chemicals from benzene, uranium, radium, mercury, hydrochloric acid, formaldehyde, ethylene glycol, etc etc ... and when the fracking is done, over HALF of what they pumped into the ground is non-recoverable and gets into the underground wells & fresh water streams.
....Again, there's plenty of information on this. Just GOOGLE it. I'm starting to become convinced YOU are the most uninformed individual there is when it comes to our environment ... you really ARE in a total state of denial. Alanm, when our environment becomes poisoned, we have nowhere to go ... NOWHERE!

....Here, read THIS on YOUR STATE ...
http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/1409014/
....Pennsylvania has one of the highest concentrations of indoor radon gas in the USA. The huge amount of fracking is one of the issues with their radon gas problem. Radon gas is the 2nd largest contributor to lung cancers.
....Again, it comes to the issue of all the hazardous wastes that are left behind that affects everything around it. You're just so deep in denial that you refuse to accept any logic of any kind.

Last edited:
Back