Reparations

Youre smart, experienced and black. A triple killing combination. Something a lot of these ladies here should look for.

Good for you.

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words.

Should look for perhaps, but more often not. At least here, there seems to be a chunk of women that are more enamored with the "stereotype" thug black guy than somebody like myself.

Isnt that the truth? The devil is going to take his due. And he wont be stopped!

Unprotected anal sex with someone you barely know, in this day and age? Gawd.

Isnt that the truth? The devil is going to take his due. And he wont be stopped!

Unprotected anal sex with someone you barely know, in this day and age? Gawd.
I have learned never to underestimate how stupid some people can be. Personally I never really cared all that much for anal sex, but unprotected anal sex with a stranger?

What's the big surprise about the economic growth of the US after the Civil War for pete's sake? No one, two, or three things can be accredited towards the rapid growth that took place after the Civil War; it was a tsunami of events that took place. Our nation was still growing territory back then, big time ... you had war reconstruction going on, the expansion of the railroad and the nation west, freed slaves that were now earning incomes and being elected to government offices, large corporations were starting to form, like Standard Oil, and the automobile being made ... the list is long, very long. People were making things because thy needed to be made. It will probably never happen again like that.
I doubt that expansion would have went anywhere as far or as fast as it did if the bureaucracy that exists today existed back then

I doubt that expansion would have went anywhere as far or as fast as it did if the bureaucracy that exists today existed back then

I can't imagine the bureaucracy of today being any worse than it was post civil war, Torp. A tremendous amount of politics was going on back then. President Johnson couldn't get along with Congress and was impeached for vetoing Congress's new Civil Rights . The 13th-15th amendments were being implemented and the southern states were fighting back, wanting to legislate themselves. The KKK and other supremacy groups were forming, Congress was refusing to recognize the new interracial democracy that was forming, and refusing to seat newly elected congressmen and senators from the southern states. The freed blacks were the cheap labor back then, undermining fair wages and putting the south into a deep depression, so libertarianism was good for some, but much of the nation was living in poverty all the way through the Great Depression. You had the Temperance Movement in full swing, and no c-h-i-l-d labor laws were in *******.
I just wonder how people will view our era of government ... it seems to me we're still fighting a lot of the same issues we were fighting 150 years ago. It's the same old bureaucracy but with different players. You think it'll be like this another 150 years from now?

Last edited:
The economy was jungle capitalism. Survival of the fittest. And it took the great depression to enact change.

Just remember though, the rise of industrialism was a completely new phenomena that was uprooting the human experience wherever it went.

New legal theories had to be invented on how to control the giant that had escaped.

I swear some of these woman are on a collision course with disaster. They are dancing with the devil and he is going to take his reward.

They have a hot and wet pussy to treat, so they are willing only don't have troubles, of course.

Same thing with a lot of dudes here too.

Some them so as myself is here to support and help the wife.

I just wonder how people will view our era of government ... it seems to me we're still fighting a lot of the same issues we were fighting 150 years ago. It's the same old bureaucracy but with different players. You think it'll be like this another 150 years from now?

I bet if the player have money, won't be a bureaucracy issue.

Ok fellas - well the subject of this thread post is a political topic and that was where it seemed to be going. Yes there was a healthy exchange of ideas that definitely could enlighten some people to see things a little differently than they originally saw it as their perception may have been blind towards viewing things from another angle.

I'm good on the political exchange and I can't promise I won't avoid them but you won't have to worry about me saying anymore as I think there has been enough already on this thread.

So I told you guys I would back off on the political exchange on here and I will keep my word. However I did not say anything about using other people's words.

One of my favorite magazines - Bloomberg had a fantastic post on their website titled: "The 2014 Jealousy list" where they had 44 stories from other magazines that they stated they were jealous of and wish they had written. One of the articles on the list of 44 was;

"The Case for Reparations"
A Bloomberg news editor started the post with the following:

"I don’t agree with all of the arguments in Ta-Nehisi Coates’ essay on the need for race reparations, but six months after reading it I’m still thinking about this magnificent polemic. His magnificent prose and the ******* of his ideas does that rare thing: Make you re-think your positions.– Josh Tyrangiel [+1 from Karen Weise: I’ve been particularly grateful for the work of Ta-Nehishi Coates, whose writing has provided clear-eyed ways to think about the racial inequity that’s behind some of the year’s most critical stories.]
"

Read the article here:
http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

And because i know alot of you won't read the article, I will periodically post excerpts from the article on on this thread as mental food for your hungry minds to dine-on and become nourished and more enlightened on the moral dilemma and sins of America's past that it has not fully repented for.

Starting ....

.... here:

Note: I personally don't take the position that black Americans of today are owed any financial recompense for the injury done to their ancestors from decades ago. However there was such an extreme injustice done to black people in America that it does explain the hardships that many still face today.

A good analogy I heard was as follows:
Imagine there is a relay-track-race between two families of men starting in the year 1776. One of the families who happens to be white men are warming up for the run, while the other family who happens to be black is bound with chains on their feet, and wrists. The eldest member of both families move to the starting line, a gun shot goes off and the race begins. The eldest white track runner takes off and runs his lap and passes his baton to his next youngest family member while the eldest black member has only hopped but a few inches.

This goes on and on in the race where now 4 generations of the white-men's family have made laps around the track until 1960 where the chains were finally freed off the wrist of the eldest member of the black-family. There is still a problem. Although the chains were removed off the feet and wrists of the black-family, the conditions of the chains were never removed off their mind's.

Black people who are the inheritors of the discrimination that their fore-fathers faced are at a significant disadvantaged as far socio-economically condition in America where some have been subjugated to poor living environments and never able to climb-out and be able to pick up in the capitalistic race around the track. - Many people do not look at it is this way and that is what alot of black people today are still facing with structural racism in discriminatory hiring practices, no money for schools in poorer communities yet money is poored into the prison industrial complex. All families (white,black,yellow,etc.) fight and break-up over money, and turn to depression, *******, alcohol, and other escapist methods.

******* were introduced into the Black Communities in America with ******* in the 60s/70s, and then crack in the 80s. Black people didn't bring these ******* in themselves at first, and even the movie the Godfather depicted a scene where the Godfather (Marlon Brando) said he didn't want to get into the ******* business as it was dirty, but the other Don's made an agreement not to sell it in the Italian neighborhoods but the Black neighborhoods only. THINK ABOUT THAT!

Also America spends more money on a prisoner than it does to educate a young baby in some communities in this country. Reparations could be administered in a form of more educational funds directed at poorer communities for programs to help the people become more economically independent. America spends all kinds of sums of money to put a rover on the planet Mars and no where near the equivalent of focused money and resources into fixing a situation that is happening in their own country.

My boy a prophet of his time Tupac wrote and sang in his rhymes:

"they got money for wars but can't feed the poor."
- Tupac - Keep Your Head-Up

"I see no changes. All I see is racist faces.
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races we under.
I wonder what it takes to make this one better place...
let's erase the wasted.
Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.
'Cause both black and white are smokin' crack tonight.
And only time we chill is when we ******* each other.
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other.
And although it seems heaven sent,
we ain't ready to see a black President, uhh.
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact...
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks.
But some things will never change.
Try to show another way, but they stayin' in the dope game.
And still I see no changes. Can't a brother get a little peace?
There's war on the streets and the war in the Middle East.
Instead of war on poverty,
they got a war on ******* so the police can bother me."
Tupac - Changes

Great Song

Last edited:
"The Case for reparations" Excerpt - Part-1
"The lives of black Americans are better than they were half a century ago. The humiliation of Whites Only signs are gone. Rates of black poverty have decreased. Black teen-pregnancy rates are at record lows—and the gap between black and white teen-pregnancy rates has shrunk significantly. But such progress rests on a shaky foundation, and fault lines are everywhere. The income gap between black and white households is roughly the same today as it was in 1970. Patrick Sharkey, a sociologist at New York University, studied children born from 1955 through 1970 and found that 4 percent of whites and 62 percent of blacks across America had been raised in poor neighborhoods. A generation later, the same study showed, virtually nothing had changed. And whereas whites born into affluent neighborhoods tended to remain in affluent neighborhoods, blacks tended to fall out of them.

This is not surprising. Black families, regardless of income, are significantly less wealthy than white families. The Pew Research Center estimates that white households are worth roughly 20 times as much as black households, and that whereas only 15 percent of whites have zero or negative wealth, more than a third of blacks do. Effectively, the black family in America is working without a safety net. When financial calamity strikes—a medical emergency, divorce, job loss—the fall is precipitous.

And just as black families of all incomes remain handicapped by a lack of wealth, so too do they remain handicapped by their restricted choice of neighborhood. Black people with upper-middle-class incomes do not generally live in upper-middle-class neighborhoods. Sharkey’s research shows that black families making $100,000 typically live in the kinds of neighborhoods inhabited by white families making $30,000. “Blacks and whites inhabit such different neighborhoods,” Sharkey writes, “that it is not possible to compare the economic outcomes of black and white children.”

ref: http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2014/05/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

bigblack ... it seems like you're the one who has a lot to say about this. Why not just tell us what's really on your mind? Possibly you feel a lot stronger about this than your expressed modesty wishes us to believe.
gif_Campfire2.gif .... Here, you might can use this ... pic_bellows.jpg Mac

Last edited:
Back