Reparations

So let me get this straight- communism isn't/wasn't communism because it didn't turn out exactly the way Marx and Engels drew it up? Brilliant, spoken like a true fellow traveler.

Here's some food for though oh all knowing one, since you seem to think that conservatives like myself are incapable of forming coherent thoughts. Did you ever think that the things that you consider un-communist- establishment of dictatorships and suppression of the population- are the logical outcomes of the system they drew up? And that since every communist country that has ever existed has followed the exact same model, thay maybe Marx and Engels, and Lenin, Stalin,Trotsky, Bukharin, Mao, and all the others were completely full of *******? Of course not, because you betrayed yourself with the "that wasn't really communism because they got it wrong" comment. I've spoken to enough people who buy into this stuff, and when you corner them with the facts, it's always "it would have worked, and it can work if only it were applied properly. "

So if you want to continue to insist that communism isn't/ wasn't communism, I'm sure the hundreds of millions of people in the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, China, North Korea, Cambodia, Cuba, and other places who had to die for these butchers to try and deny human realities by forsing a square peg through a round hole would beg to differ.
For a number of years I have wondered how we have managed to elect the low quality leadership we have suffered. Over that last few years years I have come to realize most people are imbued with one party or anothers dogma and blindly follow it as Gospel. The Tea Party adherents and the far left liberals seem to care little about what the facts are. If you disagree you are simply branded a fool or are best "That's your opinion" and then dismissed. I seriously doubt either party has the best interest of the American people at heart. Their respective dogmas are all that matters to them

One thing I do find most interesting is that the United States experienced massive growth in the post Civil War to World War ! period. There really has been nothing like it since and there was virtually no government involvement. Maybe there is a message to be understood here.

Since English isn't your native tongue, I'm assuming that there is a bit of a misunderstanding, but what do communism and "ecological" have to do with each other?

Capitalism also is an economic system that engender such ecological relationships.
The trouble is when capitalism (or whatever) is assuming to take bad behaviors giving us disharmonious lifestyle of conflicts and malaise.
I like decentralized capitalism and any others relationships which can give us happiness and real bliss. I think nobody likes having to live unhappy ways of life.
Human being is not outside of Nature. Thus wisdom is knowing to engender healthy relations to all live beings. Even when they are not humans.

Thank you. Perfect phrases of proper English I don't know. But so.. North Korea need to grow up. They are not 'communist', just a nothing mixed with monarchist dictatorship. If 'capitalism' ensures life's quality to all, socializing resources when don't needed to the proprietary, it's good. The problem is putting people to work 8+ hours per day and low wages. Any country has issues. High profit is not wrong too, acceptable when life's quality of workers are truely good.

Last edited:
.... that the United States experienced massive growth in the post Civil War to World War ! period. There really has been nothing like it since and there was virtually no government involvement. Maybe there is a message to be understood here.

Do you know how bad the underclass had it until the defense buildup prior to the 2nd world war? If anything how we industrialized, it proved we do need govt controls for the excesses. Too much control is bad. Not enough control is just as bad.

What's the big surprise about the economic growth of the US after the Civil War for pete's sake? No one, two, or three things can be accredited towards the rapid growth that took place after the Civil War; it was a tsunami of events that took place. Our nation was still growing territory back then, big time ... you had war reconstruction going on, the expansion of the railroad and the nation west, freed slaves that were now earning incomes and being elected to government offices, large corporations were starting to form, like Standard Oil, and the automobile being made ... the list is long, very long. People were making things because thy needed to be made. It will probably never happen again like that.

Last edited:
Do you know how bad the underclass had it until the defense buildup prior to the 2nd world war? If anything how we industrialized, it proved we do need govt controls for the excesses. Too much control is bad. Not enough control is just as bad.

Can you name all the periods in history when the "underclass" doesn't have it bad? The very essence of the word "underclass" implies economic hardship.

Im strictly talking about the working poor from 1870 to 1938.

Their is no intellectually honest way to apply the conditions of the poor today and what was normal back then.

What's the big surprise about the economic growth of the US after the Civil War for pete's sake? No one or ever two or three things can be accredited towards the rapid growth that took place after the Civil War; it was a tsunami of events that took place. Our nation was still growing territory back then, big time ... you had war reconstruction going on, the expansion of the railroad and the nation west, freed slaves that were now earning incomes and being elected to government offices, large corporations were starting to form, like Standard Oil, and the automobile being made ... the list is long, very long. People were making things because thy needed to be made. It will probably never happen again like that.

And there were several ******* mini depressions too. And labor and people were cheap.

Two of my last three audio books were on the assassinations of McKinley and Garfield. I love that period of time to study. The audiobook i just finished was about the infamous whore houses in South Chicago and how it gave birth to the Mann Act. If you want to know the title, drp me line.

Two of my last three audio books were on the assassinations of McKinley and Garfield. I love that period of time to study. The audiobook i just finished was about the infamous whore houses in South Chicago and how it gave birth to the Mann Act. If you want to know the title, drp me line.

I think I've read it, Sin in the Second City by Karen Abbott?

Back