Politics, Politics, Politics

The Washington Post is unbiased? Seriously?
Sad to say very little if any of the news reporting is unbiased. I tend to rely of the BBC quite a bit to find out what is going on. I also subscribe to a couple of intelligence services, costs a nice chunk of change but they have to be right if they want to continue to dip into my pocket. I can remember in my youth more than one argument was settled with "Walter Cronkite says so". Sad to say that level of confidence is long gone.

No, I don't believe u have a right, to put others at risk. It's ageist the law to drive *******. Why? It puts others life's at risk
Interesting question. But if you are vaccinated and I am not how am I putting you at risk?

National Debt vs GDP - No More Excuses
We can pop charts up until the ink runs out, guys, but I believe this unbiased report explains the real concern with the rising National Debt. Coincidently, the country has been in far worse shape with the ND ... that in the 1940's when the debt was 124% of GDP. There's one thing that makes sense, however, we have to quit continuing to dig the hole to the point where we no longer can get out of it. And, although both parties are guilty of the existing ND, its quite obvious where it really started and accelerated it. That means adjustments to spending AND taxes. As far as I'm concerned, Reagan's Supply Side Economics started this, and has created a major divide between the "haves & have nots".
I'll let this unbiased Washington Post report speak for the National Debt concern, and its got all the "pretty graphs" to make it easy, even for a 5th grader to comprehend:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hind-obama-and-the-national-debt-in-7-charts/
Mac in 2008 about 8.2 million were officially unemployed(U-3), the actual number was around 13.4 million(U-6), the national debt was about 9.8 trillion. Now there are officially about 8.8 million unemployed(U-3), the actual number is around 17.5 million(U-6) and the nation debt is a little over 18 trillion dollars. These are the federal governments own numbers. The biggest lie and in honesty it didn't start with Obama is the unemployment rate. The official unemployment rate only includes those that are drawing unemployment(U-3). Below are the official classifications usually U-3 is the one that is touted, but U-6 is really the better indicator of how well the economy is doing

The Classifications:

U-1: This is the narrowest definition of unemployment, counting only those who are unemployed for 15 weeks or longer.

U-2: A slightly wider definition, including those who would be counted as U-1, plus all of those who have lost their jobs ******* and those who have completed temporary jobs. A recent example of a temporary job would be someone who took a job as a census taker for the 2010 Census, knowing that once it was completed, their employment with the Census Bureau would be terminated.

U-3: This is considered the official unemployment rate by the Department of Labor and the one most often cited in the media. This rate includes all those who are unemployed and are seeking employment as well as those classified as U-1 and U-2.

U-4: This rate is U-3 plus those workers who are considered ‘discouraged workers.’ In laymen’s terms, these are individuals who are unemployed but not looking for employment only because they think there are no jobs available and to look would be in vain.

U-5: This rate is U-4 plus those workers who are marginally attached to the labor *******. Essentially it includes people who are unemployed and not looking for work for any reason, market related or not.

U-6: This rate is U-5 plus all those who are working part-time due to the poor jobs market, but who want and are available to work full time. An example would be a recent college graduate working part-time as a waiter to get by, but would like to work full time in his or her chosen field.

Last edited:
At this point it does not effect my children are myself, saying that. There was a time my children were newborn, to young to get vaccinated against childhood diseases. Torpedo, for sake of argument lets say you never had any vaccinations, and became ill with mumps, chickenpox, or measles then came in contact with my newborn. How do you think he'd fair? Do you believe you'd have a right to pass it on? Where does someone who catches a disease like that go? Yes the hospital, and where are most children born? If you have no money, the vaccinations are free. As a Mum how could I endanger my children, by not protecting them against it.

At this point it does not effect my children are myself, saying that. There was a time my children were newborn, to young to get vaccinated against childhood diseases. Torpedo, for sake of argument lets say you never had any vaccinations, and became ill with mumps, chickenpox, or measles then came in contact with my newborn. How do you think he'd fair? Do you believe you'd have a right to pass it on? Where does someone who catches a disease like that go? Yes the hospital, and where are most children born? If you have no money, the vaccinations are free. As a Mum how could I endanger my children, by not protecting them against it.
If you have breast fed your newborn the baby will be given your immunity through the breast milk.

We can argue the merits of vaccinations until we're blue in the face. In the end it all hinges on opinion. As a Mum have to use my best judgment in protecting my children, do I leave it to chance cross my fingers and hope they never come into contact? Or do I take preventive actions? Don't you change the oil in your car? Preventive maintenance, and a car is nothing more than an object!

We can argue the merits of vaccinations until we're blue in the face. In the end it all hinges on opinion. As a Mum have to use my best judgment in protecting my children, do I leave it to chance cross my fingers and hope they never come into contact? Or do I take preventive actions? Don't you change the oil in your car? Preventive maintenance, and a car is nothing more than an object!
There is more to it than just opinion. For the record I was vaccinated against Polio, I got two shots sometime apart then they came out with the oral vaccine and I got three doses of that. Again I don't recall the time frame. I was also vaccinated against small pox. All the childhood diseases like mumps, measles, chicken pox I got my immunity by having these illnesses. I was born in 1951, catching these childhood diseases was pretty typical for anyone born before 1956. There are a couple of problems with vaccinations. First of all how effective the vaccination is depends on how healthy the recipients immune system is. On the problems that is cropping up is that some people that have weakened immune systems don't generate a good level of immunity from a vaccination. The other problem is that since we live a much cleaner life style than our ancestors did we have an immune system that doesn't have as much to do. There are a lot of health problems today like the increase in the incidence of Asthma that appear to caused by an auto immune response. There is a good deal more to the question other than just whether or not to vaccinate. There are, a least in my opinion, a good deal more that needs to be understood about human physiology.

You make my point for me, I'm a baby of the 90s, good health is a way of life. In the 50s they were still cleaning ******* with leaches, Ok maybe medicine wasn't that that bad. Your word were "Catching childhood disease was pretty typical" What was the turning point, vaccinations. Do we stop revert back to the old ways, letting catching childhood become the norm? Go to the bog and capture leaches once more? Children's strong suit is not hygiene, the typical runny noise ends up everywhere but a tissue

Mac in 2008 about 8.2 million were officially unemployed(U-3), the actual number was around 13.4 million(U-6), the national debt was about 9.8 trillion. Now there are officially about 8.8 million unemployed(U-3), the actual number is around 17.5 million(U-6) and the nation debt is a little over 18 trillion dollars. These are the federal governments own numbers. The biggest lie and in honestly it didn't start with Obama is the unemployment rate. The official unemployment rate only includes those that are drawing unemployment(U-3). Below are the official classifications usually U-3 is the one that is touted, but U-6 is really the best indicator of how well the economy is doing

The Classifications:

U-1: This is the narrowest definition of unemployment, counting only those who are unemployed for 15 weeks or longer.

U-2: A slightly wider definition, including those who would be counted as U-1, plus all of those who have lost their jobs ******* and those who have completed temporary jobs. A recent example of a temporary job would be someone who took a job as a census taker for the 2010 Census, knowing that once it was completed, their employment with the Census Bureau would be terminated.

U-3: This is considered the official unemployment rate by the Department of Labor and the one most often cited in the media. This rate includes all those who are unemployed and are seeking employment as well as those classified as U-1 and U-2.

U-4: This rate is U-3 plus those workers who are considered ‘discouraged workers.’ In laymen’s terms, these are individuals who are unemployed but not looking for employment only because they think there are no jobs available and to look would be in vain.

U-5: This rate is U-4 plus those workers who are marginally attached to the labor *******. Essentially it includes people who are unemployed and not looking for work for any reason, market related or not.

U-6: This rate is U-5 plus all those who are working part-time due to the poor jobs market, but who want and are available to work full time. An example would be a recent college graduate working part-time as a waiter to get by, but would like to work full time in his or her chosen field.

I think the LPR (Labor Participation Rate) is the true indicator of whats going on in the economy.

Not true at all. If that were the case, vaccinations would not be needed after a few generations.
Entirely true, breast feeding passes on the mom immunity through her milk. The is also significant evidence that breast feeding can reduce the likelihood of allergies. The immunity lasts well beyond the breastfeeding period but how long it does actually last is open to debate. I haven't read anything credible about how long it lasts, but there is no question at all that a mom passes her antibodies against disease to her baby through her milk.

National Debt vs GDP - No More Excuses
We can pop charts up until the ink runs out, guys, but I believe this unbiased report explains the real concern with the rising National Debt. Coincidently, the country has been in far worse shape with the ND ... that in the 1940's when the debt was 124% of GDP. There's one thing that makes sense, however, we have to quit continuing to dig the hole to the point where we no longer can get out of it. And, although both parties are guilty of the existing ND, its quite obvious where it really started and accelerated it. That means adjustments to spending AND taxes. As far as I'm concerned, Reagan's Supply Side Economics started this, and has created a major divide between the "haves & have nots".
I'll let this unbiased Washington Post report speak for the National Debt concern, and its got all the "pretty graphs" to make it easy, even for a 5th grader to comprehend:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hind-obama-and-the-national-debt-in-7-charts/
I have spent most of my life doing strategic business planning. I was just thinking what the reaction would have been if I got in front of the BOD and said "I read an article in the Washington Post" I likely would have left the company well before my retirement. The government carefully documents pretty much everything. It usually takes a little work to sort things out but I have found the best information comes from the horses mouth. Corporations and politicians rarely tell all the truth, what they provide comes from the other end of the horse. The truth is usually there you just have to know where and how to look.

A number of years back an illusionist, I think it was David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear on national television. The statue was framed in a nice arch, he covered the arch gave a little speech about the significance of the Statue Of Liberty and what it would mean to loose it. He removes the cover from the arch and the statue is gone. The lights that surrounded it and illuminated it were all there, just no statue. The arch gets covered again, another little speech, the cover gets removed and there is the statue in the arch again. The statue is a little over 150 ft tall and weighs around 225 tons so you know the it really didn't go anyplace. That it appeared to do so was just an illusion.

That is how government works. You get to see bits and pieces and it is all arranged to create the illusion they want you to see. You need to stand back and look at the whole playing field to see what is really going. Like Mr. Copperfield's illusion the closer you look the less you see

Last edited:
You make my point for me, I'm a baby of the 90s, good health is a way of life. In the 50s they were still cleaning ******* with leaches, Ok maybe medicine wasn't that that bad. Your word were "Catching childhood disease was pretty typical" What was the turning point, vaccinations. Do we stop revert back to the old ways, letting catching childhood become the norm? Go to the bog and capture leaches once more? Children's strong suit is not hygiene, the typical runny noise ends up everywhere but a tissue
Leeches are used today in a limited way. They are used to draw congested ******* from reattached body parts likes fingers, hands or feet. They act as a substitute for small veins and capillaries until the replacement ******* vessels form in the healing process. The leeches are the most cost effective way to treat the problem.

I think that healthy well nourished children benefit in the long run by being permitted to contract the typical childhood diseases. People whether baby or adult that are weakened from acute or chronic medical issues or are malnourished should receive vaccinations.

Back