Politics, Politics, Politics

Well... this is not true. FACT CHECK points out that Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding. But this claim was not credible and highly partisan. Democrats had also short-changed the State Department budget, but funding for embassy security generally had increased significantly in recent years. Moreover, over the course of many hearings into the matter, State Department officials had told Congress that a lack of funds was not an issue. Instead, security was hampered because of bureaucratic issues and management failures. In other words, given the internal failures, no amount of money for the State Department likely would have made a difference in this tragedy.

The GOP base doesn't really love Trump. This poll shows it.
Washington Post

To appropriate a phrase from the late Rick James, reflexive partisanship is a helluva *******. And today's Republican Party is much more united on what it is against — namely, the Democrats and the mainstream media — than on what it's for. But when you ask a certain kind of question, you can see pretty clearly that GOP base voters aren't totally enamored of President Trump. They may stand by him, yes, but not necessarily because of him. The annual Pew Research Center political typology survey asks enough different kinds of questions and slices it enough ways that you begin to see this. The study breaks down both right-leaning voters and left-leaning voters into four groups each, ...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/307f3e...59fd9d671/ss_the-gop-base-doesn't-really.html

FACT CHECK points out that Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) suggested there was not enough security in Benghazi because Republicans had cut the budget for embassy security funding. But this claim was not credible and highly partisan.
....Isn't it ALWAYS highly partisan? Do you think either party would admit "they fucked up"?
....The Republicans are the Party of 'Deja vu', if you know what I mean. They'll keep repeating their mistakes over and over again, expecting a different result. We need to look no further than Trickle Down Economics, which they're getting ready to do again bigger than they ever done before? They won't get the tax cuts they need to offset their largest revenue cut to pay for their TAX CUT for the wealthy. It won't matter ... and that's why they are the ones who skyrocketed the national debt to $10 trillion by 2009.
....Mind you, I'm not saying the Democrats aren't guilty of stupidity either, but it just so happens that the drivers of the nation's current debt was initiated and continues to be funded by Republicans. It doesn't appear that either party is capable of resolving the nation's current debt crisis UNTIL it totally crashes the economy. And, seeing as the Republicans have time & time again tried to halt the debt ceiling crisis when Democrats hold office, I do believe this is actually the plan ... crash the national economy, just like Russia went through in the late 1980's-early 1990's, and start a new slate. Who will lose on this ... of course everyone depending on SS & Medicare & Medicaid to survive. Look at where the Republicans are wanting to cut funding now ... Medicaid, Medicare. They also began taxing insurance benefits who's premiums are pre-taxed off paychecks ... and soon, any premiums your employer pays towards your insurance, your employer will be be 1099ing those this year. During THIS president's administration prepare to also lose the tax exempt status of such things as life insurance proceeds ... who's going to pay for that? Of course the poor and middle class that depend on those to help their families survive. So, you buy a $1 million life insurance policy to replace your income, should you die before your ******* are grown and your mortgage & debts are paid ... you pay that premium with after tax dollars, but Uncle Sam may soon say the benefit far out weighs the cost, and tax that $1 million of life insurance BEFORE your family gets the proceeds of it.
,....Think about it a second ... the super wealthy do NOT need life insurance so why would they care if it is taxed?
word_IDIOT.jpg

Last edited:

Please make note that I didn't BLAME anyone for Benghazi.

The funding argument is flawed. The blame game went both ways on this. The GOP said the Democrats "CUT" $142,000,000 in 2010. The Democrats said the GOP "CUT" the budget in 2012. If we the people cut our budget we spend less but in Washington budget "CUTS" are not cuts. Washington calls it a budget cut when the "REQUESTED" increase is less than what they asked for. Its a neat little trick and very convenient for blaming each other in the future.

Spending for security was INCREASED. I wish I could say my income was cut because my raise was less than my request. Spending for security increased every year. The budget was not cut the rate of the increase in spending was cut.

My comment didn't place blame it only corrected the inference of less money being spent. Obviously Hillary didn't think funding was the issue because she went straight to the video story when she knew it was a lie. She also knew that the attack was planned. If she thought for one moment that funding was the issue she is a sharp enough politician to jump at the opportunity to blame the Republicans.

Please notice again. I have not placed blame. I merely stated facts. The budget was increased. Hillary also accepted responsibility.

Obviously Hillary didn't think funding was the issue because she went straight to the video story when she knew it was a lie. She also knew that the attack was planned.
You see, you sit there and type your BS and then do exactly the same thing. WHAT FUCKING PROOF do you have that Hillary didn't think funding was the issue OR that she knew the attack was planned? Show that proof ... Mr pic_Fox News.jpg !

....Isn't it ALWAYS highly partisan? Do you think either party would admit "they fucked up"?
....The Republicans are the Party of 'Deja vu', if you know what I mean. They'll keep repeating their mistakes over and over again, expecting a different result. We need to look no further than Trickle Down Economics, which they're getting ready to do again bigger than they ever done before? They won't get the tax cuts they need to offset their largest revenue cut to pay for their TAX CUT for the wealthy. It won't matter ... and that's why they are the ones who skyrocketed the national debt to $10 trillion by 2009.
....Mind you, I'm not saying the Democrats aren't guilty of stupidity either, but it just so happens that the drivers of the nation's current debt was initiated and continues to be funded by Republicans. It doesn't appear that either party is capable of resolving the nation's current debt crisis UNTIL it totally crashes the economy. And, seeing as the Republicans have time & time again tried to halt the debt ceiling crisis when Democrats hold office, I do believe this is actually the plan ... crash the national economy, just like Russia went through in the late 1980's-early 1990's, and start a new slate. Who will lose on this ... of course everyone depending on SS & Medicare & Medicaid to survive. Look at where the Republicans are wanting to cut funding now ... Medicaid, Medicare. They also began taxing insurance benefits who's premiums are pre-taxed off paychecks ... and soon, any premiums your employer pays towards your insurance, your employer will be be 1099ing those this year. During THIS president's administration prepare to also lose the tax exempt status of such things as life insurance proceeds ... who's going to pay for that? Of course the poor and middle class that depend on those to help their families survive.

We have to stop acting like the people in Govt. are magical wizards that have all knowledge and have all the answers. They don't. Politicians are people like you and me. They get through their day just like we do. They can't have a bad day. They can't have a bad moment. They are not allowed to make mistakes with their decisions. We all make bad decisions. That does not make us EVIL. Why are the bad decisions that politicians make seen (on both sides of the isle) as EVIL intent. Washington is ridiculous right. Every GOP member is a racist, homophobic bigot. Every Democrat is tree hugging closet communist that was to destroy America.

As long as both sides point to and claim extremes nothing will get resolved. Both sides want the same goal. They just have different views on how to get there.

Politicians are people like you and me. They get through their day just like we do. They can't have a bad day.
....Excuse me, Mr pic_Fox News.jpg but politicians are NOT like you and me. For one, they are civil servants, HIRED by the voters, but have become self-serving at OUR expense. Second, they don't have to pay for their mistakes like you and I do ... in fact, you and I as tax payers pay for THEIR mistakes ... again, because they are civil servants. And lastly, when WE find ourselves in a hole, we have the sense to usually QUIT DIGGING the fucking hole ... hell, politicians simple add a few more diggers to dig FASTER.
....So NO ... politicians are NOT like you and me ... ok?

You see, you sit there and type your BS and then do exactly the same thing. WHAT FUCKING PROOF do you have that Hillary didn't think funding was the issue OR that she knew the attack was planned? Show that proof ... Mr View attachment 1512705 !

MacNfries,

Obviously you enjoy political conversations as do I. I hope we can show respect for each other and enjoy discussing different ideas. The reason I say that she didn't think it was due to funding is because she never mentioned it. She said the attack was a reaction to a video. That was her first comment. She never mentioned lack of funding in any of her statements. She never mention funding in the hearings (as far as I know). I have read most of the testimony but not all of it. That is my evidence. I am not placing blame on her.

The Benghazi report proves she knew it was a planned attack. She told Egyptian Prime Minister Hesham Kandil, "We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack — not a protest."

It's not my BS. I hope we can have discussions in the future. Thanks for the discussion.

....Excuse me, Mr View attachment 1512708 but politicians are NOT like you and me. For one, they are civil servants, HIRED by the voters, but have become self-serving at OUR expense. Second, they don't have to pay for their mistakes like you and I do ... in fact, you and I as tax payers pay for THEIR mistakes ... again, because they are civil servants. And lastly, when WE find ourselves in a hole, we have the sense to usually QUIT DIGGING the fucking hole ... hell, politicians simple add a few more diggers to dig FASTER.
....So NO ... politicians are NOT like you and me ... ok?

I mean they are people. They make mistakes. We all do. True the holes do tend to get deeper faster and in the end the people pay for it. But we don't have to assume everyone is evil and we don't have to be at each others throats for having a differing opinion.

The Benghazi report proves she knew it was a planned attack. She told Egyptian Prime Minister Hesham Kandil, "We know that the attack in Libya had nothing to do with the film. It was a planned attack — not a protest."
....You're taking Hillary's words out of context, CV ... you're implying that she knew BEFORE the attacks occurred, that the attacks were coming ... NOT SO. She's saying that their investigations show that the attacks were planned (in retrospect), CV ... man, oh man ... and to think, today, the Republicans have opened up two more investigations of Hillary Clinton and Benghazi .... as if nine committees and millions and millions of our tax dollars and the senators' time were wasted drilling her for eleven solid hours to get her to fuck up ... and they LOST AGAIN. Remember what I just said about repeating a mistake over and over again ... the Republicans are FAMOUS for it. Wise UP! All this is for is just more Republican diversion to draw attention AWAY from Donald Trump and his issues with Russia, fraud, tax evasion, espionage, etc ... things that may most definitely put the habitual liar and golfer in PRISON. What about Trump's sharing top classified information with the Russians without permission from Congress? Do you think THAT is not punishable?

cartoon_Benghazi.jpg

Last edited:
Let's just put this in perspective.......who is doing the digging on all this and even started the investigation?

David Nunnes from Calif

the same guy that walked across the white house lawn saying he had evidence that trump was innocent...never did show anything...but finally admitted that what he got he got from the white house

some time after that he had to recuse himself from the investigation. For one thing he was part of trump's campaign!.....now he is issuing his own subpoenas..and doing research on his own....don't think he might be being guided by the white house again?

just another diversion?

I never said that she knew before. I am convinced she had no idea it was coming. My comment was never to place blame. Simply to state facts. I also never gave my political affiliation. I did not vote for Trump. I am not a registered Republican. Just because I state facts that are not comfortable for Hillary does not mean I Mr. Fox News. My points were true. Benghazi wasn't the result of budget cuts. Hillary knew when she said that the events in Benghazi were a reaction to a video that they were not. That is all I said and both are true. My political affiliation does not sway me from the facts. The "your politician is worse than my politician" does not change the facts.

I have not supported or defended Trump. I do not vote for a party. I will base my opinion on the facts once the investigation is over. Just as I did with Hillary and Benghazi.

Again... thanks for the discussion.

guess they just can't have a bipartisan deal!

Top Republicans unveil conservative alternative to ObamaCare deal
The Hill

Top Republicans in the House and Senate rejected a bipartisan deal to stabilize ObamaCare's insurance markets Tuesday, instead releasing their own, more conservative plan. A proposal from Senate Finance Chairman Orrin HatchOrrin Grant HatchGOP eyes limits on investor tax break Children’s health-care bill faces new obstacles Overnight Finance: White House requests B for disaster relief | Ex-Equifax chief grilled over stock sales | House panel approves B for border wall | Tax plan puts swing-state Republicans in tough spot MORE (R-Utah) and House Ways & Means Chairman Rep. Kevin BradyKevin Patrick BradyGOP eyes limits on investor tax break Overnight Finance: White House requests B for disaster ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d1ad19f6-cb19-3ec4-b489-9e2504639bd0/ss_top-republicans-unveil.html

The same Hatch that favors pharmaceutical companies....surely not!

******* lobby gave $750,000 to pro-Hatch nonprofit in Utah's U.S. Senate race

When six-term GOP incumbent Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah faced the prospect of a mutiny from conservative activists, his allies within the pharmaceutical industry stepped in to help defend him.

New documents obtained by the Center for Public Integrity show that the ******* lobby’s main trade group, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), gave $750,000 in 2011 to Freedom Path, a nonprofit group that spent big to help Hatch win another term.

Despite his solid conservative credentials, Hatch drew a primary challenge from former state Sen. Dan Liljenquist in the 2012 election. Hatch out-fundraised the challenger by an 11-1 margin, but Liljenquist was helped by super PAC FreedomWorks for America, which reported spending nearly $1 million on anti-Hatch ads.

Filings with the Federal Election Commission indicate that Freedom Path spent at least $517,000 on ads designed to help Hatch’s electoral prospects, though Freedom Path board member Scott Bensing said the group’s spending was closer to $1 million.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/201...0000-pro-hatch-nonprofit-utahs-us-senate-race

subhub174014, post: 1559012, member: 60485"]guess they just can't have a bipartisan deal!

Top Republicans unveil conservative alternative to ObamaCare deal
The Hill

Top Republicans in the House and Senate rejected a bipartisan deal to stabilize ObamaCare's insurance markets Tuesday, instead releasing their own, more conservative plan. A proposal from Senate Finance Chairman Orrin HatchOrrin Grant HatchGOP eyes limits on investor tax break Children’s health-care bill faces new obstacles Overnight Finance: White House requests B for disaster relief | Ex-Equifax chief grilled over stock sales | House panel approves B for border wall | Tax plan puts swing-state Republicans in tough spot MORE (R-Utah) and House Ways & Means Chairman Rep. Kevin BradyKevin Patrick BradyGOP eyes limits on investor tax break Overnight Finance: White House requests B for disaster ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d1ad19f6-cb19-3ec4-b489-9e2504639bd0/ss_top-republicans-unveil.html

subhub i can't see your posts when you use the quote function

Back