Politics, Politics, Politics

....Alanm, the majority of the 1%ers, who control/influence the politics of this country, benefit a lot more than the poor off of "entitlements" ... for every entitlement you can list that the poor (defined as earning at or below poverty wages get), I'll be more than glad to list 3 entitlements (except they refer to their entitlements by a different name) that the wealthiest get that the poor can't fathom, much less be entitled as well. Its like playing the game of monopoly with each player having different amounts of money, etc to start the game, and one has a "free parking" on every corner while the other has a "go directly to jail" on each corner. The POOR do not influence politics with legislation, they influence politics with votes ... period. And the objective of the Rich is to keep those poor people from voting to maintain their power.
....I'm not complaining or whining ... I'm simply stating the way it is. I, myself, and my family make a modest income, but I'm not selfish and believe in helping the less fortunate, not taking from them.

....I'm going to let some of the black posters respond to this one, Alanm ... you and I have had this discussion before and the logic of our discussion seems to go right through one ear and out the other. Living in the part of the country you live in, and following GlenBeck, probably has a lot to do with your established ideas & opinions, but, you should be able to think logically for yourself IF you tried hard enough. You simply have a major shortage of empathy.
As I've said a dozen times on here ... but you JUST DON'T GET IT ... and for that I feel sorry for you. One can not FIX a problem IF they don't UNDERSTAND the problem to begin with. Even Charles Koch said, live on a TV interview, that the "system" was greatly tilted in favor of the wealthiest individuals. I've posted that link as well ... go watch it.

Where do i live mac......i live 40 min away from a major metropolitan city and have several friends that teach in the inner city......i hear what goes on everyday in these schools and neighborhoods and i can tell you without a doubt its not the fault of the police.

I dont give a crap what neighborhood your raised in because good ******* come from bad neighborhoods too, even right next door to thugs and ******* dealers.....the problem is the breakdown of the family structure in the inner city and the fact that many of these ******* black AND white are raised by one parent or by parents who dont give a *******, some of them dont care about education or respect then grow up and realize they cant just do what they want in life, the outside world is not the school system where the worst they get is a suspension, no the worst you get is a bullet!

The teachers i know have black and white ******* growing up in the same neighborhood and go to the same school but usually with vastly different graduation rates and results....so dont try to say its the system is all rigged against minorities because its not.....their life growing up might be difficult and the place they live is ******* yes.....but if they want to make something of their life they can with hard work just like anyone else.

My point is the blame game against the police and everyone else has to stop. If your in a situation that the police have guns drawn on you most likely YOU put yourself in that situation with the choices you made.

.....the problem is the breakdown of the family structure in the inner city and the fact that many of these ******* black AND white are raised by one parent or by parents who dont give a *******, some of them dont care about education or respect
....Yeah, it IS just that ... a breakdown of the family structure, BUT, you're not digging deep enough in asking WHY. You're simply responding to the RESULTS of the why's. You can take a good kid, dump him or her into the system that many of the bad ******* live in, and what you usually get is another bad kid. And, that works the other way around ... if you think single parent families live the way they do by choice, there's your first assignment, because that's NOT true. As I'll keep saying, you just don't get it. Until you're willing to "open your mind" and really ask the questions that need to be asked, you'll NEVER get it. You'll just continue blaming those who are in the "******* pile" for causing their own fate.

My point is the blame game against the police and everyone else has to stop
there are good and bad on both sides.... but cop killing.... well any killing is not justified... yes the jails are filled with more blacks than whites.... and why is that?
How about looking at the economy?!.... and the job market!... unemployment!....etc

....Alanm, the majority of the 1%ers, who control/influence the politics of this country, benefit a lot more than the poor off of "entitlements" ... for every entitlement you can list that the poor (defined as earning at or below poverty wages get), I'll be more than glad to list 3 entitlements (except they refer to their entitlements by a different name) that the wealthiest get that the poor can't fathom, much less be entitled as well. Its like playing the game of monopoly with each player having different amounts of money, etc to start the game, and one has a "free parking" on every corner while the other has a "go directly to jail" on each corner. The POOR do not influence politics with legislation, they influence politics with votes ... period. And the objective of the Rich is to keep those poor people from voting to maintain their power.
....I'm not complaining or whining ... I'm simply stating the way it is. I, myself, and my family make a modest income, but I'm not selfish and believe in helping the less fortunate, not taking from them.

....I'm going to let some of the black posters respond to this one, Alanm ... you and I have had this discussion before and the logic of our discussion seems to go right through one ear and out the other. Living in the part of the country you live in, and following GlenBeck, probably has a lot to do with your established ideas & opinions, but, you should be able to think logically for yourself IF you tried hard enough. You simply have a major shortage of empathy.
As I've said a dozen times on here ... but you JUST DON'T GET IT ... and for that I feel sorry for you. One can not FIX a problem IF they don't UNDERSTAND the problem to begin with. Even Charles Koch said, live on a TV interview, that the "system" was greatly tilted in favor of the wealthiest individuals. I've posted that link as well ... go watch it.

Your idea of entitlements is a little different than mine i believe. I dont have any problem with the poor being helped.

I just completely disagree with your notion that the rich should be taxed more than the poor....i believe in fair taxes and it should be the same across the board.

I dont think if someone makes a million a year they should be taxed at some ridiculous rate and someone who makes 25,000 should not be taxed at all. I just think thats not right or fair.

I agree with you that they are all kinds of corporate tax loop holes and thinks for the rich and dont have a problem with things like that being fixed but not.to a point where your completely taking advantage of people because they are rich.

....Yeah, it IS just that ... a breakdown of the family structure, BUT, you're not digging deep enough in asking WHY. You're simply responding to the RESULTS of the why's. You can take a good kid, dump him or her into the system that many of the bad ******* live in, and what you usually get is another bad kid. And, that works the other way around ... if you think single parent families live the way they do by choice, there's your first assignment, because that's NOT true. As I'll keep saying, you just don't get it. Until you're willing to "open your mind" and really ask the questions that need to be asked, you'll NEVER get it. You'll just continue blaming those who are in the "******* pile" for causing their own fate.
Have you ever asked yourself what incentive the program gives?

I'll leave this here http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704881304576094221050061598

I would agree with that to an extent but i also dont believe that just because your poor and live poor you cannot be a good person or have some pride. You can be a single parent and still have your ******* best interest at heart. Why is it that some of these ******* who act up in school when their parents are called in the first thing they want to do is blame the school or refuse to believe their kid did anything wrong.

Your idea of entitlements is a little different than mine i believe
Yes it is ... entitlements (poor definition of "freebee's) = subsidies, exclusions, write-offs, waivers, taxation of capital gains, etc ( rich definition of freebees)
I just completely disagree with your notion that the rich should be taxed more than the poor....
Why not, the rich use the services of the government a lot more than the poor ... the roads, the buildings, the military protection, etc. And, with all those subsidies, exclusions, write-offs, waivers, etc ... the wealthy end up paying a lesser % of their income to the tax system. We've had THIS discussion many times before as well. The poor DO pay taxes, Alanm, they just pay taxes in a different way. Our governor/Republican legislators in NC just cut income taxes AGAIN, then implemented a "services" tax to be added to things like car repairs, etc ... I've said this a lot ... "don't piss on my back and tell me its raining" ... that Reaganomic philosophy the middleclass is beginning to realize is BS.

Last edited:
I would agree with that to an extent but i also dont believe that just because your poor and live poor you cannot be a good person or have some pride. You can be a single parent and still have your ******* best interest at heart. Why is it that some of these ******* who act up in school when their parents are called in the first thing they want to do is blame the school or refuse to believe their kid did anything wrong.
Ahhhhh, so because you're black and robbing a gas station of $300 is bad, but because you're white and college educated, and robbing investors of $millions gets a hand slap and a bonus at the end of the year ... is THAT what you're saying? Well, excussssssssssssssse people for being born the wrong color I guess, right?

there are good and bad on both sides.... but cop killing.... well any killing is not justified... yes the jails are filled with more blacks than whites.... and why is that?
How about looking at the economy?!.... and the job market!... unemployment!....etc

Yes thats right but i disagree that no killing is justified. Thats part of the problem but why does the economy not effect whites as much, education being a big one. I dont think many of the people in the inner city or poor areas care about education as much, even high school education. The drop out rate at the schools my friends teach at is pretty high.....why? But these are the same ******* you will see in 10 years in jail because they have no other choice but crime...

It comes down to personal responsibilty and choosing the right path or the wrong path in life. Of course their is a lot more to it as well i am not saying their is not and this doesnt mean every person in the poor areas are bad....of course not.

Ahhhhh, so because you're black and robbing a gas station of $300 is bad, but because you're white and college educated, and robbing investors of $millions gets a hand slap and a bonus at the end of the year ... is THAT what you're saying? Well, excussssssssssssssse people for being born the wrong color I guess, right?

I never said they had to be black *******....could be white as well. And dont be stupid mac......now your pissed because the justice system is unfair. I dont disagree. If your rich and doing something wrong then you should be punished just the same.

I dont think many of the people in the inner city or poor areas care about education as much, even high school education
well look at Kansas.... the gov there kept cutting the money to the poorer schools they had to take him to court.... but that is a rare instance.... maybe the suburbs push education more.... plus admit it or not the is some partiality in hiring!.... facts are black unemployment is up there!

Yes it is ... entitlements (poor definition of "freebee's) = subsidies, exclusions, write-offs, waivers, etc ( rich definition of freebees)

Why not, the rich use the services of the government a lot more than the poor ... the roads, the buildings, the military protection, etc. And, with all those subsidies, exclusions, write-offs, waivers, etc ... the wealthy end up paying a lesser % of their income to the tax system. We've had THIS discussion many times before as well. The poor DO pay taxes, Alanm, they just pay taxes in a different way. Our governor/Republican legislators in NC just cut income taxes AGAIN, then implemented a "services" tax to be added to things like car repairs, etc ... I've said this a lot ... "don't piss on my back and tell me its raining" ... that Reaganomic philosophy the middleclass is beginning to realize is BS.

Right so whats wrong with a fair tax? 20 percent across the board or whatever the rate is.

I am not going to comment on how the 1 percenters pay tax because i dont know enough about it but i doubt they are getting away without paying any tax....

Have you ever asked yourself what incentive the program gives?
Re: 'The welfare state has done to black Americans what slavery couldn't do. . . . And that is to destroy the black family."

...... written by a rich black man for a rich black man ... however, it helps him sleep better at night, I bet.

And, the rich politicians have done for the white, rich Americans what white, rich Americans couldn't do for themselves, tilt the board of opportunities one way and write legislation to help them get richer.

Anything ELSE you wish to lay on the table?

I am not going to comment on how the 1 percenters pay tax because i dont know enough about it but i doubt they are getting away without paying any tax....
Probably why Donald Trump refuses to provide his income tax returns for ANY year ... he knows the answer to that, as most Republicans in Washington who should be harmonizing to Trump to provide his income tax returns.

Back