No alcohol and no *******

BigBadWolf84

Male
Gold Member
Real Person
From
GA, US
Almost 40 and to this day, I've never drank or smoked. Some say that's good, others think I'm lame for it. My older sister is part of the latter. I remember telling her "Alright cool, let's see who lives longer" because she was a party girl in her younger days. But in reality I have a deeper reason for not committing to those vices.......to the point where I made a personal life vow to myself to never ever ******* and/or smoke. Those things have decimated my family, and I don't wanna be the next in line to succumb to them.

There's a lot more to one's longevity than what they dri.nk or smoke. You're gonna die of something, someday ... I don't care how well you maintain the wholesomeness of your body. You might wish to do more research on "how to live a stress-free life" and live your life in moderations.

Have you laid out a "Life Plan" for yourself? What do you want to accomplish before you are "no more", etc? How will you be remembered (or even will you be remembered) after a couple more generations pass?
A song I love hearing is "Leave Something Behind" ... says a lot. First time I heard it, it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Then, I read the words to the song and gave it some more thought, and it made perfect sense. Check it out!

Last edited:
There's a lot more to one's longevity than what they dri.nk or smoke. You're gonna die of something, someday ... I don't care how well you maintain the wholesomeness of your body. You might wish to do more research on "how to live a stress-free life" and live your life in moderations.

Have you laid out a "Life Plan" for yourself? What do you want to accomplish before you are "no more", etc? How will you be remembered (or even will you be remembered) after a couple more generations pass?
A song I love hearing is "Leave Something Behind" ... says a lot. First time I heard it, it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Then, I read the words to the song and gave it some more thought, and it made perfect sense. Check it out!

This might be my depression talking, but I won't be remembered. And even then, it'd be a fleeting thought. That's how life goes. I'm a tiny unseen speck in the wind of the universe. Life goes on after one person dies. That being said, I refuse to ******* and do ******* no matter the circumstances. I am NOT doing it.

This might be my depression talking, but I won't be remembered.
Believe it or not you make an impression on people a lot more than you think. Its amazing how younger people hang onto the words of someone they listen to and that person not even aware. You appear rather young, younger than me ... I'm 44 now, but our youth need people to give & leave positive impressions on our younger generations.
You've obviously seen & experienced a lot of negativities from those using the spirits & ******* ... allow yourself to be used as their beacon of light.
My family is moderately involved in the church, a couple youth groups, and volunteering ... its amazing how doing some of those things make you feel better about yourself. You say you're fighting depression ... people who don't have depression wouldn't understand that hollow feeling of those who fight depression on a daily basis. I, myself, don't understand how I can be HIGH on myself one minute then feel so LOW the next minute yet not one thing has happened to cause this to happen. We have a long road to fight before we get the grips on depression. Being involved in things that make you feel good about yourself is one big helper with depression. You need them as much as they need you.
Hang in there ... Mac

Almost 40 and to this day, I've never drank or smoked. Some say that's good, others think I'm lame for it. My older sister is part of the latter. I remember telling her "Alright cool, let's see who lives longer" because she was a party girl in her younger days. But in reality I have a deeper reason for not committing to those vices.......to the point where I made a personal life vow to myself to never ever ******* and/or smoke. Those things have decimated my family, and I don't wanna be the next in line to succumb to them.
I can't say there is any reason to fault people who live a sober life. Just as much as *I* don't like being judged for my vices... I have no room to judge others about thier choices

One thing that was disheartening about the convention scene was the sheer amount of little things (statements said in passing, microaggeessions, the imagery that was pushed to the front) that made people feel like you had to do (vicehere) in order to be included or a part of things.

I read your words with sorrow. I would remind you that Christ turned water into wine. To go through life without even trying things is a waste of life. Where d.r.i.n.k is a concern moderation is the answer. Health is not the issue. Having a heart condition i know that every Dr. i have has told me a small amount of red wine is very good to maintain my heart health. Excess is the problem, i read this year about a young woman who died from drinking too much water in a short time. Everything has risk.

I read your words with sorrow. I would remind you that Christ turned water into wine. To go through life without even trying things is a waste of life. Where d.r.i.n.k is a concern moderation is the answer. Health is not the issue. Having a heart condition i know that every Dr. i have has told me a small amount of red wine is very good to maintain my heart health. Excess is the problem, i read this year about a young woman who died from drinking too much water in a short time. Everything has risk.
Well to be honest, it has more to do with going against the grain and the trauma I had as a kid. I've watched my ******* ******* beat my mom constantly when I was in my kindergarten years, sometimes at night or even before she took me to school. Lots of empty beer cans littered around. Many of my uncles died via drinking or lung cancer or overdose. My sister has drank to the point where she didn't recognize me and started flirting with me like we were in a club. My two nieces ******* and physically fight each other on occasions. My ******* ******* also physically abused one of my cousins many years ago, throwing her into the ground(a gravel road, by the way). Another one of my cousins was murdered for messing with *******. I don't want to be the next in line. So no matter how much benefits any of you think these vices have, I.....won't......do.....them. No one can make me. If I die early, at least I died a better man than any of them. I'll die with a victory.

I can't say there is any reason to fault people who live a sober life. Just as much as *I* don't like being judged for my vices... I have no room to judge others about thier choices

One thing that was disheartening about the convention scene was the sheer amount of little things (statements said in passing, microaggeessions, the imagery that was pushed to the front) that made people feel like you had to do (vicehere) in order to be included or a part of things.
People can do what they want, regardless of the consequences. That's what makes us human. I'll never tell anyone to stop smoking or drinking so much. You can do those things freely....just don't do them around me. That's my only rule.

Back