Immigration

speaking of a state problem...YOUR state!
Little by little stripping away peoples rights

Supreme Court Gives Green Light To Ohio's Voter Purges
Sam Levine,HuffPost

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that Ohio could continue to use an aggressive process for removing people from its voting rolls, saying the procedure did not run afoul of federal voter protections.
The decision in Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute helps clarify the steps states can take to remove someone from their voter rolls, and it could encourage them to be more aggressive. The case was brought on behalf of the A. Philip Randolph Institute, a labor and civil rights group, and an eligible Ohio voter the state had removed from its voter rolls. The voter had been living at the same address for about 16 years.
In Ohio, officials send anyone who doesn’t vote for two consecutive years a notice in the mail to determine whether they’ve moved. If someone fails to respond to the notice and then doesn’t vote for four consecutive years, the state removes them from its voter rolls.
Ohio had argued that the process was necessary to make sure its voter rolls were accurate and up to date ― but the challengers said it violated a federal law that prohibits states from canceling someone’s voter registration simply because they haven’t voted. Ohio countered that it canceled registrations not only because of a failure to vote, but also because people didn’t respond to the notice.
Writing the opinion for the five-justice majority, Justice Samuel Alito said that a 2002 law, the Help America Vote Act, amended the National Voter Registration Act and clarified what states could do to remove people from the voting rolls. HAVA, Alito wrote, says a state cannot remove someone from the voting rolls only and because of their failure to vote. What Ohio does, Alito wrote, is permissible because people are removed if they fail to vote and fail to respond to the state mailing.
This decision is validation of Ohio’s efforts to clean up the voter rolls and now with the blessing nation’s highest court, it can serve as a model for other states to use. Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R)​
“HAVA dispelled any doubt that a state removal program may use the failure to vote as a factor (but not the sole factor) in removing names from the list of registered voters,” Alito wrote. “That is exactly what Ohio’s Supplemental Process does. It does not strike any registrant solely by reason of the failure to vote.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-voter-purge-law-upheld-141250860.html

I am not gonna pretend i know all the problems that are going on in NC. But i have family there. And they live not far from a public school and they have buses. Not sure whats all going on in the rest of the state but your response seems very much like i expected.
.gif_Yellowball-question2.gif...... and your response totally confusing. I don't think you get it, Alanm. The state allocates only so many dollars to PUBLIC EDUCATION. When the state lottery system was installed, it was because of the promise made that a percentage of that money earned would be used to bolster the low dollars the state was contributing, at that time, to public education. That is why it is called the NC Educational Lottery. THEN, the Republicans took over state government for the first time in OVER 100 years and they immediately went after those public school contributions "indirectly" by cutting the state education budget and making the education system more reliant on the lottery money going to education. Then, last year, they started using more lottery money to OFFSET the state income tax revenue lost to their "tax cut", which they chose to implement to compliment Trump's federal tax cuts, thus MORE revenue shortages meant more money from somewhere else. And now, THIS YEAR they've simply decided NOT to hide their dirty laundry by openly taking money to help support their private schools / voucher programs. Comprende'? Are you keeping up with this conversation or do you have wax in your eyes as well as in your ears? May I continue HERE? I'll type really S-L-O-W, ok? Here we go ...
....So, now, teachers aren't getting the payraises, the schools aren't getting their basic supplies, there's a SHORTAGE in computer technology supplies, like 2-3 students SHARING one OLD computer from which to learn. The inner schools are hit especially hard ... which are a lot more populated with minority ******* ... (quiz) now why do you thing THAT IS? And then YOU go and make comments about public schools being nearby that the students are attending. The comment regarding "buses" was because Private Schools don't HAVE BUSES". Alanm, sweetheart, that money is being channeled to PRIVATE SCHOOLS ... where the rules are different and NOT beneficial to that single mom of two ******* ... are you keeping up with this conversation? Maybe I can put up PICTURES; it seems you conservatives do better with drawings and crayons.
gif_Yellowball-SmackingForehead.gif

Last edited:
The state allocates only so many dollars to PUBLIC EDUCATION

same here...for every dollar the lottery puts in they decrease the amount the state pays in...all the teachers went on strike for more money for them AND the school system...the state gave it to them so they would go back to work...and now have withdrawn the offer of more money after they already voted it in...here they push a lot for home schooling!
my nephews in Iowa gave up and finally went to a private catholic school....hoping for a better education...now my sister in law has to drive them to and from school...and the bill for last quarter for one of them...$900.00

.View attachment 1915702...... and your response totally confusing. I don't think you get it, Alanm. The state allocates only so many dollars to PUBLIC EDUCATION. When the state lottery system was installed, it was because of the promise made that a percentage of that money earned would be used to bolster the low dollars the state was contributing, at that time, to public education. That is why it is called the NC Educational Lottery. THEN, the Republicans took over state government for the first time in OVER 100 years and they immediately went after those public school contributions "indirectly" by cutting the state education budget and making the education system more reliant on the lottery money going to education. Then, last year, they started using more lottery money to OFFSET the state income tax revenue lost to their "tax cut", which they chose to implement to compliment Trump's federal tax cuts, thus MORE revenue shortages meant more money from somewhere else. And now, THIS YEAR they've simply decided NOT to hide their dirty laundry by openly taking money to help support their private schools / voucher programs. Comprende'? Are you keeping up with this conversation or do you have wax in your eyes as well as in your ears? May I continue HERE? I'll type really S-L-O-W, ok? Here we go ...
....So, now, teachers aren't getting the payraises, the schools aren't getting their basic supplies, there's a SHORTAGE in computer technology supplies, like 2-3 students SHARING one OLD computer from which to learn. The inner schools are hit especially hard ... which are a lot more populated with minority ******* ... (quiz) now why do you thing THAT IS? And then YOU go and make comments about public schools being nearby that the students are attending. The comment regarding "buses" was because Private Schools don't HAVE BUSES". Alanm, sweetheart, that money is being channeled to PRIVATE SCHOOLS ... where the rules are different and NOT beneficial to that single mom of two ******* ... are you keeping up with this conversation? Maybe I can put up PICTURES; it seems you conservatives do better with drawings and crayons.
View attachment 1915703

Just out of curiosity....how many private schools are there in NC vs publics schools.

.View attachment 1915702...... and your response totally confusing. I don't think you get it, Alanm. The state allocates only so many dollars to PUBLIC EDUCATION. When the state lottery system was installed, it was because of the promise made that a percentage of that money earned would be used to bolster the low dollars the state was contributing, at that time, to public education. That is why it is called the NC Educational Lottery. THEN, the Republicans took over state government for the first time in OVER 100 years and they immediately went after those public school contributions "indirectly" by cutting the state education budget and making the education system more reliant on the lottery money going to education. Then, last year, they started using more lottery money to OFFSET the state income tax revenue lost to their "tax cut", which they chose to implement to compliment Trump's federal tax cuts, thus MORE revenue shortages meant more money from somewhere else. And now, THIS YEAR they've simply decided NOT to hide their dirty laundry by openly taking money to help support their private schools / voucher programs. Comprende'? Are you keeping up with this conversation or do you have wax in your eyes as well as in your ears? May I continue HERE? I'll type really S-L-O-W, ok? Here we go ...
View attachment 1915703

Well i would think a single mom with two ******* unless she has a good job would qualify for the school voucher program.

Again not sure about your statistics as the school near my family seems very well funded. Nice looking school. Football field, band , etc

speaking of a state problem...YOUR state!
Little by little stripping away peoples rights

Supreme Court Gives Green Light To Ohio's Voter Purges
Sam Levine,HuffPost

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that Ohio could continue to use an aggressive process for removing people from its voting rolls, saying the procedure did not run afoul of federal voter protections.
The decision in Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Institute helps clarify the steps states can take to remove someone from their voter rolls, and it could encourage them to be more aggressive. The case was brought on behalf of the A. Philip Randolph Institute, a labor and civil rights group, and an eligible Ohio voter the state had removed from its voter rolls. The voter had been living at the same address for about 16 years.
In Ohio, officials send anyone who doesn’t vote for two consecutive years a notice in the mail to determine whether they’ve moved. If someone fails to respond to the notice and then doesn’t vote for four consecutive years, the state removes them from its voter rolls.
Ohio had argued that the process was necessary to make sure its voter rolls were accurate and up to date ― but the challengers said it violated a federal law that prohibits states from canceling someone’s voter registration simply because they haven’t voted. Ohio countered that it canceled registrations not only because of a failure to vote, but also because people didn’t respond to the notice.
Writing the opinion for the five-justice majority, Justice Samuel Alito said that a 2002 law, the Help America Vote Act, amended the National Voter Registration Act and clarified what states could do to remove people from the voting rolls. HAVA, Alito wrote, says a state cannot remove someone from the voting rolls only and because of their failure to vote. What Ohio does, Alito wrote, is permissible because people are removed if they fail to vote and fail to respond to the state mailing.
This decision is validation of Ohio’s efforts to clean up the voter rolls and now with the blessing nation’s highest court, it can serve as a model for other states to use. Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R)​
“HAVA dispelled any doubt that a state removal program may use the failure to vote as a factor (but not the sole factor) in removing names from the list of registered voters,” Alito wrote. “That is exactly what Ohio’s Supplemental Process does. It does not strike any registrant solely by reason of the failure to vote.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-voter-purge-law-upheld-141250860.html

I dont live in Ohio

dont live in Ohio

*******...sorry thought you did.....my stupidity for not looking at your profile pic...somehow thought you did...sorry...but it doesn't change the facts!

since I have already got it in my mind that you do....would you consider moving there so I can pick on you some more

Just out of curiosity....how many private schools are there in NC vs publics schools.
*....NC Public Schools = 2,600 approx. serving 1.5 million children K-12th vs Private Schools 700 approx. serving 114,000 K-12
*... 90% of private schools are religious based
*... Private School Cost: $7,800 avg Elementary $9,500 avg HS In NC, there are approx. 65% K-8, and 35% HS.......Public School Cost: "0"
*... Private School Voucher program provides up to $4,200 per student, leaving the single, low-income mom to come up with the difference.
*... Private Schools can deny any applicant; acceptance is 87% on average
*... State Schools have a curriculum mandate + charter schools with specific "field" curriculums; private schools have NO curriculum
*....State Schools provide a school busing system, Private Schools do not.
Well i would think a single mom with two ******* unless she has a good job would qualify for the school voucher program.
Do you now see what we're talking about? Offering a low income mom of 2 ******* an opportunity for private schooling is like offering her a brand new, fully loaded Cadillac DeVille for $20,000 ... she couldn't buy THAT either. Another thing, the private schools aren't able to handle large numbers of *******. The whole selling point by Republicans was that the class sizes were much smaller thus teachers could give each kid more personalize training. Plus, the teachers at Private Schools do NOT have to have a teaching degree from an accredited college. If your background experiences & skill sets are such that you show you could teach, they could hire you as a teacher. In public schools, teachers are required to obtain accreditation in a certain number of years. Which then they get a bonus/pay raise, but usually move to another state that pays a lot more for teachers who have received their accreditations.
This is clearly & simply another Republican COST SHIFTING program ... period! They could give a RATS ASS about the poor and education.

Last edited:
Some immigrants genuinely come over abroad to make decent livings and contribute towards the economic growth of those countries as well as their mom countries. Its dumb and ignorant for people whose ancestors were all immigrants and some were ****** to migrate to cast an overall blank perception on immigrants.

Some immigrants genuinely come over abroad to make decent livings and contribute towards the economic growth of those countries as well as their mom countries. Its dumb and ignorant for people whose ancestors were all immigrants and some were ****** to migrate to cast an overall blank perception on immigrants.

I noticed you didn't mention "illegal" which makes me think you are confused a bit. The there is no "blank perception" on immigrants. The argument is illegal immigration. I have no problem with people migrating here legally. What I have a problem with is the mass flooding of this country taxing our system with illegal immigration. As grate as it may sound, you can't have a country with no boarders. There must be a process that enlist immigrant to be citizens. The military would be a good one for example, you want a quick path to citizenship, join the military for 4 years. There is nothing wrong with people coming here looking for a better life, but wouldn't you also want them to be dedicated to this county, respect and follow our laws? No different if you have a roommate in an apartment - would you not want the roommate to respect the apartment?

The left claims to be against illegal immigration also, but do nothing to curb it and always "forget" the word illegal when discussing it. This makes it sound as if the right wants to deport ALL immigrants and not let anyone else in, that's not the case. ICE only deports those who are here illegally. If you have started the process of becoming a citizen, have a green card or visa, then you most likely won't be deported. Yes there are exceptions and there are some cases out there where an immigrant gets deported who shouldn't be but it is not the normal. Most of those deported are only caught because they were breaking the law.

I noticed you didn't mention "illegal" which makes me think you are confused a bit. The there is no "blank perception" on immigrants. The argument is illegal immigration. I have no problem with people migrating here legally. What I have a problem with is the mass flooding of this country taxing our system with illegal immigration.

Then why are the conservaterrorists and Trump trying to LOWER legal immigration?

They are coming here because of skills US citizens don't have in mass quantity or are relatives of US citizens by *******.

The current wait time for these are as follows:

Spouse: 1.5 years (I've been through this)
*******/ ******* under 18: 1.5 years
*******/ ******* over 18: 6 years
Parent: 8 years
Sibling: 21 years+

And no you can't bring over your mom's uncle or great grand nephew or anything. Only immediate family.

One would think you would want to reduce the time it takes to process this but instead the GOP is strictly anti-immigration period.

You're the one who's misinformed if you don't believe that.

Then why are the conservaterrorists and Trump trying to LOWER legal immigration?

Do you have a link supporting that claim?

The current wait time for these are as follows:

Spouse: 1.5 years (I've been through this)
*******/ ******* under 18: 1.5 years
*******/ ******* over 18: 6 years
Parent: 8 years
Sibling: 21 years+

And no you can't bring over your mom's uncle or great grand nephew or anything. Only immediate family.

And it was the same under Obama also, so was he anti-immigration?
https://www.uscis.gov/

One would think you would want to reduce the time it takes to process
For what purpose? You can live and work here while it's being processed. Like I stated before, if citizenship is in process you won't (shouldn't) be deported. I have no problem upgrading our immigration laws either, but that is not what is being discussed. The liberal left is brain washing you into thinking the right is against immigration as a whole and there simply is nothing there to support that claim. Again, there is a huge difference between immigration and illegal immigration, something the left refuses to differentiate.

For what purpose? You can live and work here while it's being processed. Like I stated before, if citizenship is in process you won't (shouldn't) be deported. I have no problem upgrading our immigration laws either, but that is not what is being discussed. The liberal left is brain washing you into thinking the right is against immigration as a whole and there simply is nothing there to support that claim. Again, there is a huge difference between immigration and illegal immigration, something the left refuses to differentiate.

There is no left or liberal anymore, just a range of centrists, a large gap, & the GOP out on the right wing.

The liberal left is brain washing you into thinking the right is against immigration as a whole and there simply is nothing there to support that claim
again in your twisted mind the statements you make do not support the facts!
maybe if you called Fox news and asked them for an update.....your current lies don't hold up!

Obama put a lid on it and things were fine.... that lid DID NOT need to be removed...it was the right that started all this *******....using innocent people as pawns for a bankrupt government
that and wanting to stop "undesirables" ...only take people from certain countries...I'm sure Fox covered that statement and supported it

Last edited:
Again, there is a huge difference between immigration and illegal immigration, something the left refuses to differentiate.

twisting things to try and support whatever you want to say....NO ONE is denying that there is not a difference between immigration and illegal immigration....you just wanted to throw that last little line in for ??????????? some purpose????
your head is so twisted to the right you can't even answer a simple question anymore

The liberal left is brain washing you into thinking the right is against immigration as a whole and there simply is nothing there to support that claim.
When are you going to start smelling what you're dishing out to this forum, TwoBi? gif_CRAP.gif...You know darn well the reason Republicans AND Trump are against the immigrants is because they're mostly poor and vote for liberal candidates. Its NOT about legal or illegal ... its about low income, and in the eyes of conservatives, they don't have that segment of voters on their side. When you get your house power washed or painted, lawn mowed, hire a house cleaning service, etc etc ... you look primarily as the COST and the immigrants (both legal & illegal) provide that low cost. I'm sure you don't ask them to provide their green card, etc before they start work, either!

cartoon_Psychiatrist-Lucy.jpg

When you get your house power washed or painted, lawn mowed, hire a house cleaning service, etc etc ... you look primarily as the COST and the immigrants (both legal & illegal) provide that low cost. I'm sure you don't ask them to provide their green card, etc before they start work, either!

I do my own painting, cleaning and I mow my own lawn, and I only hire US citizens for employees.

Yes, some companies hire illegals, but the rest of your assumptions are way off the mark - you need to get out more.

Back