Why do the dating/hookup apps suck so much?

Deepnyou

Male
Real Person
I hate that Craigslist got rid of their personal section. You can post exactly what you're looking for and those who were interested would hit you up.

Non if this someone liked you, but you can't see who it is unless you pay only to find out the blurry photo is of someone who you're not remotely attracted to or they didn't read your profile.

If I say I don't want a relationship and only interested in making new FWB why do those looking for a long term relationship swiping on me. Wasting my time and theirs.

Don't swipe on me if you don't want to hookup.

We need a true replacement for Craigslist that's free.

This site isn't all that good unless you live in a location with a lot of people. Living in Eastern, WA good luck. So far nothing but flakes or dudes pretending to be women.

I hate that Craigslist got rid of their personal section. You can post exactly what you're looking for and those who were interested would hit you up.

Non if this someone liked you, but you can't see who it is unless you pay only to find out the blurry photo is of someone who you're not remotely attracted to or they didn't read your profile.

If I say I don't want a relationship and only interested in making new FWB why do those looking for a long term relationship swiping on me. Wasting my time and theirs.

This site isn't all that good unless you live in a location with a lot of people. Living in Eastern, WA good luck. So far nothing but flakes or dudes pretending to be women.
That's the main problem on all platforms. CL was the best, after that, they've all sucked. even my wife has had problems and that's why she lets me do all the searching.

Yeah, when it comes down to any websites or apps that offer dating/hookup content, there's always going to be all sorts of unpleasant, cutthroat or hyper-competitive BS (fakes/spam/toxic people, etc.) that often ruins the experience for other users who's at least trying to find what they're looking for. The scummy paywalls business practices from Tinder aren't exactly helping either, which is why I avoid using that app like the plague.

You COULD give Reddit a go, if there's a few decently active or non-banned NSFW/r4r based Subreddits that's located within your local area, but be forewarned that several of those negative aspects I've mentioned, can also be a buzzkill, karma system is still trash btw.

Last edited:
There are no perfect dating sites out there. Doublelist is alright but I'm finding that alot of the posts are fake. You answer and a few minutes later some type of pay dating is coming at you. Next month I'm going to try the pay option on this site and maybe Adultfriendfinder.

The thing I like best about this site is that it is not a personals site. Not in any real way. We have memberships on SLS, SDC and Fet. My husband does all interacting on all of those (setting up my "dates" is kind of his thing) and I only interact here. Specifically because we don't use this site to try and hook up. So let's not ruin this site by making it a second-rate SLS.

As for why the swinger sites sites suck: The same reason that hotel rooms at a swinger resort are not nearly as nice as you would get for the same price at a vanilla resort. Because they can. SLS and SDC are making serious money without having to invest a lot in keeping their apps current. What money they are spending is spent on security, which is obviously important.

Doublelist is trying to be what Craigslist was. It’s definitely not there yet, but it’s not bad (and it’s totally free).

Not free now, but we have had some limited success. Their definition of a specific location is way to broad, at least with traffic in Miami, LA, etc., and as always so few men actually read my profile and what I'm looking for, so my cuck complains about it being a time waster.

if you are serious about finding friends for play then why are you not willing to pay for a safe quality site, why does everything have to be free. After all you are looking for Free Sex, is it too much to ask you to pay a fee for a quality site, that will allow you to search and find what you desire. We pay for a couple of sites that have proved to be top notch for hooking up with couples and singles.

Craigslist was the most dangerous gem on the internet. I had so many hookups from there. It had it's dangers but you had to be smart. I miss it sometimes. I actually found my wife there believe it or not. Been married for 11 years now 😅

Now the dudes pretending to women is a real problem. Like I automatically assume they are serial killers.

if you are serious about finding friends for play then why are you not willing to pay for a safe quality site, why does everything have to be free. After all you are looking for Free Sex, is it too much to ask you to pay a fee for a quality site, that will allow you to search and find what you desire. We pay for a couple of sites that have proved to be top notch for hooking up with couples and singles.
We agree. Everything " free " has its price. What sites do you use. We happily pay for SLS, Feeld and FetLife.

Why dating apps/sites suck so much? Because there are mostly always the same player behind them. And they simply style sites differently, to aim for different clientels. In Germany there are lots of different dating sites that more or less look the same and all share the same user experience. But one is for academic graduates, another focuses more on people sharing the same hobbies etc. We even have dating sites for butchers, lawyers, bakers etc. The more sites, the more money you earn ;-)

Dating sites could be so much better! Matching of users could be so much better. My big dream is matching users by the kinks and hobbies they share. Imagine having a profile and saying you like "bondage, interracial, cuckolding, hiking, shopping" and having a user matching function, that shows you those people who share most of your interests and match your search preferences (age, location, etc.).

My wife and I currently built such a site, but it's still very much in its infancy: only a few users, still a lot to do and build...but hey, it's completely free and we are excited about every new user :) If you are interested, have look:

sinnersandsaints.dating

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Certainly understand about the concept of skinning sites with different personas for different target markets, . AFF Network is the expert on this with over a dozen.

But that said, there are numerous unrelated sites. I am pretty comfortable that B2W, FetLife, SLS, SDC, Feeld to name a few are owned separately

The issue comes down to scale and access to Capital. Not only is it expensive to build a solid site these days, but the customer acquisition cost can be very high limiting what you can put into the technology.

You should have been around 10-12 years ago ... a lot has changed since then. Change is slow when you look at it from ground level.
Freedom of the press has never been "free", you know.
Currently government is trying to move backwards in time; we may need to get out and push.

Back