Why do some people choose to not get verified?

Idowives0763

Male
Real Person
Gold Member
I know that this question has been asked before but I wanted to reopen the topic and try to have a legitimate discussion about the topic. Hopefully it will include some people who have chosen to not become verified. So here is my question, I have seen many profiles here that feature very active members. They have pics, videos, participate in forums, and for many, have been members for quite some time. The interesting thing is that quite a few of these profiles are not verified. So I am genuinely curious, if you fit this description, why have you chosen to not get verified? To be clear, I'm really not asking this to hear different theories from those who are verified speaking on why people don't. We have done that plenty around here. I'm really hoping to hear from those who have elected not to.

I did so on another sight, big mistake. Too much personal information given, the sight got hacked and everything we were assured would remain private was no longer private. The sight didn't notify of theft of personnel information that lead to over six months of the stalker from hell. Law enforcement local and federal were no help at first because i had given out my information. A big mistake according to them and the guy made no personal threats of violence. They finally got interested when he sent photos taken of a bridge on our property. Trespass with reason to believe he might do harm. They got him in short order but He had not hacked the sight, He bought the information. His first offense so the judge gave him probation and he was to stay off internet for a year. A joke he bought a used tablet and used free WiFi at a fast food place and continued . I got a call that he had been picked up again and was serving a two year stretch for violating parole. Verification on the net is worthless in my opinion. You can ghost your location and pick a name. The most harmful people i believe would do that. I've been on this sight nearly ten years. In the beginning met more than a few nice legitimate people and of course scammers. There was no verification. From reading the posts complaining i assume there are more scammers now, or maybe people just didn't complain as much before .
Did they ask for a phone number or something?

I was somewhere and to sign up even for free, they wanted my phone number. I did not give it because I know what info can be tracked with a phone number.

It appears here they only want the vid, but then you get a lot of extra attention......which does not interest me.

Did they ask for a phone number or something?

I was somewhere and to sign up even for free, they wanted my phone number. I did not give it because I know what info can be tracked with a phone number.

It appears here they only want the vid, but then you get a lot of extra attention......which does not interest me.
They really verified . Full name, E- Mail and phone number. Even a general location country, and state. The hacker got every file and they told none of us of the breach of our information. They sent Email with a code to return and a phone call as well to verify the number given was a good one. The FBI computer people stopped just short of calling me a fool for giving out personal information on the net. Even said sights that take personal information are the targets hackers hit. Selling personal information is a big dollar business according to them. The stalker bought my information but that was not a crime.

They really verified . Full name, E- Mail and phone number. Even a general location country, and state. The hacker got every file and they told none of us of the breach of our information. They sent Email with a code to return and a phone call as well to verify the number given was a good one. The FBI computer people stopped just short of calling me a fool for giving out personal information on the net. Even said sights that take personal information are the targets hackers hit. Selling personal information is a big dollar business according to them. The stalker bought my information but that was not a crime.
I'm happy you are safe.
the phone number is the no-go for me.

The main reason is that most of the users profiles are fake. Why? Because it's the internet and white guys love going online being something they are not, like a couple or women.
Couples who don't verify, which you don't have to show your face or location, are suspect.
Single females that don't verifly profiles fall into the automatic 'white male catfishing' category.
Blk males that don't, and don't have content, are white males posing or Trump supporters.

Anyone could have access to my pics via multiple social media and public press releases. Or are you not familiar with such?
You make zero sense. Are you the same 'woman' that answer the main question about why some people choose not to get verified with this response...
In the career I’m in, I need deniability just in case…… it’s my only possible “out” should someone try to get me fired. Sorry Sirs.

So, you do NOT verify because you need deniability in case someone tries to out you and get you fired?
(You don't have to show your face or ID when you verify)

However, you already have your face, location, industry and all of the dirty s.hit you're done or want to do, right here in the open.

Who do you think you're bullshitting?

To get verified, there are no hoops, no phones numbers or drivers license needed.

You write your handle and the date on a piece of paper, take a pic.
You crumble up the paper and then open it, take a pic.
You then take those pics and post it to the verified thread.

Oh, you have to be who or what you say you are (couple, blk male, white female), or it won't work.
It takes less time than it did to write this message and post it.

To get verified, there are no hoops, no phones numbers or drivers license needed.

You write your handle and the date on a piece of paper, take a pic.
You crumble up the paper and then open it, take a pic.
You then take those pics and post it to the verified thread.

Oh, you have to be who or what you say you are (couple, blk male, white female), or it won't work.
It takes less time than it did to write this message and post it.
If I'm not mistaken Ed...I thought they were requiring video now 👍🏽👌🏽.

Back