Why did you upgrade to Gold Membership

There's legit no reason not to verify if you are a black man or woman/couple. It enhances your experience, regardless of what you want that experience to be.
Exactly. That's why i am always skeptical/highly-doubtful of profiles where people claim to show off their body including their face yet are not verified. Just doesn't add up

There are some limitations if not gold. But then that all depends on how much you want to get out of the site. If you don't care about looking at media, or some of the other perks, then you should be fine without it. I know some members don't allow non gold to contact them.

Exactly. That's why i am always skeptical/highly-doubtful of profiles where people claim to show off their body including their face yet are not verified. Just doesn't add up
Location is one significant reason. Like with ads and the like, if you're in a populated city/state that is active on this forum, it would be in your best interest to get verified. However in my case, nothing is happening. Most of the people in my state are either upstate or occasionally active. People in SC are real, they're just not... here. Specifically, majority of the people who are real would put full locations up (full city, state, country) I'm usually on the top of the dating list for men anyways if you're looking in my state.

Another reason is, other than looking at people who only want verified members to see their profile and getting to watch more than three videos each day, there's no other incentive to do so. I would understand if they wanted it to verify videos and such, but they don't... not yet at least. What, it's there a Bull section in the verified part of the forums where we discuss stroke game? Is there a honed part of the dating tab that'll magically appear once we do? They really don't say and nobody really gives a straight answer it's "just get verified, it'll be better for you". Maybe in most other people's case, but so far my area is not populated enough to give a damn.

I'll still lead people to the site when I can, hopefully things will pick up where I'm at. Until then, it is what it is.

So, while I am not a veteran member like many, here is what I experienced that caused me to go for the gold. Now I did not realize this until my gold membership ran out. In the past even as a non-gold member, I was still able to reply to threads or to conversations I was in with someone privately. Recently, when my gold membership ended, I was not going to renew it, but soon realized my time on here would not be pleasant. I was not able to continue my private conversations, and could not reply to any public posts either. More importantly, could not look at media content. I hope this helps. Important, if you do go gold, make sure and keep the email you get from Vortel. You will need it in case you decide to cancel your subscription, otherwise, you would need to reach out to one of the staff on here.

I've been strongly debating signing up for Gold Membership. Just curious to hear from others, why did you end up upgrading your account to Gold?
You get a free ID card, free Happy Hour *******, discounts on car rentals & motels, and $5 off the nightly buffet that runs from 5-7PM. Also, you can qualify for a low interest credit card (currently at prime + 2%) and accumulate points for free gifts from the B&W gift shop.

pic_BlackToWhite-PlatnumMembership-02.jpgpic_B2W-memberCard.jpg

Last edited:
I can't seem to find a listing on the site of what the benefits of gold membership are. It seems like the site itself would tell me what I would get in exchange for my money when I click upgrade. Searching threads on this topic I can't find where a staff member has broken it down or referred people to a site page. Seems like very unmotivated salesmanship.

I've been strongly debating signing up for Gold Membership. Just curious to hear from others, why did you end up upgrading your account to Gold?
Don't know what your goals are for the site... I do believe if you're actually trying to meet people being golded and verified works to your advantage. For me the site is pure entertainment... A pastime. Even though I have no intentions of meeting anyone I wanted to be able to get the most out of this site for my entertainment. Being golded and verified made sense to me for those reasons. It's relatively inexpensive. Personally I think 10 bucks a month makes the site worth it. For whatever reasons you want to use it for.

Don't know what your goals are for the site... I do believe if you're actually trying to meet people being golded and verified works to your advantage. For me the site is pure entertainment... A pastime. Even though I have no intentions of meeting anyone I wanted to be able to get the most out of this site for my entertainment. Being golded and verified made sense to me for those reasons. It's relatively inexpensive. Personally I think 10 bucks a month makes the site worth it. For whatever reasons you want to use it for.
It's not particularly expensive but I can't find any actual benefit to it. What site privileges would I get that I don't get now? At this point it seems like I would just be donating money to the site

It's not particularly expensive but I can't find any actual benefit to it. What site privileges would I get that I don't get now? At this point it seems like I would just be donating money to the site
To be perfectly honest I really don't remember why I decided to get a gold membership. Other than the fact that I wanted to get the most out of the site for my entertainment. As I previously stated. I also believe that if you interact within a platform. There's a school of thought that you should contribute to its maintenance, upgrade, security, staff member support and all the other facets necessary to run a site like this. That's just my opinion. Everyone's free to spend their money as they see fit. When I give to Wikipedia I don't look at it as a "donation" . I look at it as a "contribution".

Back