What’s your day job?

Really? I have been in/out the business since I auditioned for CHIC in 1980 at the Apollo Theater 🎭 in New York City.
One of those minor brushes is when a dude I knew worked with Polygram records. Had me audition for F.o.r.c.e. MD's as they were in town. They were looking to do something different with their sound at the time. I actually played pretty horribly as I was a high as a kite. Lol. In any case they really liked it. They were looking to do something with a little Rock edge in the same vein as run dmc's Rock box. Actually they wanted to take me to Japan with them. No contract though. My life wasn't set up for that type of flightiness. Stayed with my good paying job and lived out my hotshot guitarist fantasies in local garage bands lol... Forgot to mention that one of the members got too close to me while I was showing off my pyrotechnics and I actually hit him in the face with the headstock of my guitar. Lol.

One of those minor brushes is when a dude I knew worked with Polygram records. Had me audition for ******* MD's as they were in town. They were looking to do something different with their sound at the time. I actually played pretty horribly as I was a high as a kite. Lol. In any case they really liked it. They were looking to do something with a little Rock edge in the same vein as run dmc's Rock box. Actually they wanted to take me to Japan with them. No contract though. My life wasn't set up for that type of flightiness. Stayed with my good paying job and lived out my hotshot guitarist in local garage bands lol... Forgot to mention that one of the members got too close to me while I was showing off my pyrotechnics and I actually hit him in the face with the headstock of my guitar. Lol.
*LOL*!!! I used to pitch music for artists that were just starting out in the 80’s as well. Also “Co-composed” the music for one of “Run-DMC” singles called: “Sucker MC’s”.

This one is for the Bulls or better yet the Black Kings! We know what you do at night but we’re interested in what you do for work during the day? It’s kind of exciting to think that the guy checking us out at the grocery store, or counselor at the high school, or local barber (everyday ordinary people) might be our next BBC adventure!
I am a professional photographer in Chicago. I also work as a graphic designer for a marketing company

*LOL*!!! I used to pitch music for artists that were just starting out in the 80’s as well. Also “Co-composed” the music for one of “Run-DMC” singles called: “Sucker MC’s”.
Yeah I remember that one well. LOL the dude that I knew from polygram his name was the Deleon... Used to hang out in the same bar in Yonkers New York. Spent the night drinking, smoking, and snorting with his girlfriend. Hence the horrible playing. Lol. Also want to mention how much I love Nile's rhythm work. In a word iconic... He tried to get me an audition with Luther vandross. Didn't happen though. As Doc was well entrenched in that gig. On a side note he said that Luther would want me to be more than just his guitarist... Definitely not my bag. Lol

Last edited:
Yeah I remember that one well. LOL the dude that I knew from polygram his name was the Deleon... Used to hang out in the same bar in Yonkers New York. Spent the night drinking, smoking, and snorting with his girlfriend. Hence the horrible playing. Lol. Also want to mention how much I love Nile's rhythm work. In a word iconic... He tried to get me an audition with Luther vandross. Didn't happen though. As Doc was well entrenched in that gig. On a side note he said that Luther would want me to be more than just his guitarist... Definitely not my bag. Lol
Yesssss “Ronnie” as we called him was “Gay” however; a “DAMN” good singer! *LOL!*

Yesssss “Ronnie” as we called him was “Gay” however; a “DAMN” good singer! *LOL!*
Yeah man it's all good you know. The business is funny like that. So many get put on because of what they're willing to do to "make it". I'm pretty versatile in most things. However, I draw a line at certain behavior... "Making it" was never as important to me as maintaining my "Manhood" . Even if I got the chance to sell it for a pot of gold... I could talk about some propositions I had way back when. I was a good competent guitar player. Additionally, if I have to say so myself. I used to be one sexy M.O.T.H.E.R.F.U.C.K.E.R. Lol. It's all good though man. No hate. R.I.P. Luther.

Yeah man it's all good you know. The business is funny like that. So many get put on because of what they're willing to do to "make it". I'm pretty versatile in most things. However, I draw a line at certain behavior... "Making it" was never as important to me as maintaining my "Manhood" . Even if I got the chance to sell it for a pot of gold... I could talk about some propositions I had way back when. I was a good competent guitar player. Additionally, if I have to say so myself. I used to be one sexy M.O.T.H.E.R.F.U.C.K.E.R. Lol. It's all good though man. No hate. R.I.P. Luther.
You are 💯 on that! I didn’t know that there were so many “Gay” men in the recording business. Not into men I would tell them and if they came closer I don’t mind breaking my keyboard 🎹 over there head! I don’t care 🤷🏾‍♂️ or mind people being gay but… “Keep it over that way! 👉🏾!” I am an “Adam and Eve” man, not an “Adam and Steve” man! 😂🤣😂🤣

Last edited:
You are 💯 on that! I didn’t know that there were so many “Gay” men in the recording business. Not into men I would tell them and if they came closer I don’t mind breaking my keyboard 🎹 over there head!
Lol. Not to make too many generalizations... Engage in stereotypes However for some reason the arts and entertainment fields attract a lot of those who are running with some sugar in their tank.. Lol. My GOD. What the fuck does that say about me. Lol.

@Justa_Blackman agreed 100% Bro. I don't care what two consenting adults do with their body parts. That's their business. It's all about respect. No means no right ? That goes for straight men too. On a related note. My favorite nephew happens to be gay... Here we go again..everybody always says how much he reminds them of me. Lol. He happens to be really musically inclined too...

@Justa_Blackman agreed 100% Bro. I don't care what two consenting adults do with their body parts. That's their business. It's all about respect. No means no right ? That goes for straight men too. On a related note. My favorite nephew happens to be gay... Here we go again..everybody always says how much he reminds them of me. Lol. He happens to be really musically inclined too...
*LOL!* I have seen a lot of crazy things being on tour of stupid “Sh*t” some of the “BRILLIANT” Singer/ Songwriters/ Record Producers done in both the studios and on tour.

This one is for the Bulls or better yet the Black Kings! We know what you do at night but we’re interested in what you do for work during the day? It’s kind of exciting to think that the guy checking us out at the grocery store, or counselor at the high school, or local barber (everyday ordinary people) might be our next BBC adventure!
I’m a retired mechanic but still build race cars for fun. Currently I work for one of the biggest sign company’s in the country here in Texas, next time your filling up (insert pun here) at a circle K or Valero or HEB I’m the guy who makes the signs for them all I even wire in the lights and calibrate the numbers for gas prices unfortunately I can’t make it cheaper

*LOL!* I have seen a lot of crazy things being on tour of stupid “Sh*t” some of the “BRILLIANT” Singer/ Songwriters/ Record Producers done in both the studios and on tour.
I have no doubts. Even at my level there were more than a few opportunities where g.i.r.l.s. from the audience would come backstage and want to fuck us. The weird s.h.i.t. is that you may be spit- roasting a female into infamy...But it's your lead singer who's trying to look into your eyes. Lol.

I have no doubts. Even at my level there were more than a few opportunities where g.i.r.l.s. from the audience would come backstage and want to fuck us. The weird s.h.i.t. is that you may be spit- roasting a female into infamy...But it's your lead singer who's trying to look into your eyes. Lol.
Ewwwww 😷 *LOL*!!!

Back