Wake Up, America! Wake Up! PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay usually a dictator comes to power through a populist movement, now a populist movement is not bad nor is it good, it is how that populist movement is driven. If the leader of that populist movement starts by saying that a perceived out group, is the reason why the nation is deteriorating is because of them. Then he tells you, only i can fix, i am the smartest guy in the room and only i and my policies will work. Then that person starts to tear down institutional norms, and starts attacking the apparatuses of a state. like the media, he usually employees the wealthy. One thing has always be true in any civilizations is this. The wealthy can always count on the poor to fight among each other and you can robe them blind while they are doing it. I cant make it any more clear than that.

I understand how it works. What I asked was for some hard evidence. Not seeing anyone able to provide this, what conclusion do you suppose most logical thinking people come to after reading this thread?

I'm interested. Can you cite some tangible negative consequences please? I'd really like to be more informed. Who is this evil person you suggest? Tell me more about why America, and the citizens of America, should concern themselves more with what other countries think?

There are times when I'm bought back to the realization that you can't push water uphill, this appears to be one of those times, and my inference is not to be intended or interrupted as "piped up hill", we know the physics of that, so here's what I suggest. Firstly, here's a headline news item in numerous news media, today's date, but whereas "Fake News" is the fall back position of some, take time out, read the article THEN contact the company for verification. This is the item as it appears in "The New Yorker".
News Desk
A Company Owner Asks His Customers for Understanding—and Help—After Raising Prices in the Wake of Trump’s Steel Tariffs

wealth breeds contempt...and right now the wealthy are getting what they want and could care less about anything else
if this country goes down the tubes they just take their wealth and go someplace else without a care in the world

like the old saying goes...money is the root of all evil.....and right now evil is ruling!

there are a lot on this board who just don't seem to see a problem

There are times when I'm bought back to the realization that you can't push water uphill, this appears to be one of those times, and my inference is not to be intended or interrupted as "piped up hill", we know the physics of that, so here's what I suggest. Firstly, here's a headline news item in numerous news media, today's date, but whereas "Fake News" is the fall back position of some, take time out, read the article THEN contact the company for verification. This is the item as it appears in "The New Yorker".
News Desk
A Company Owner Asks His Customers for Understanding—and Help—After Raising Prices in the Wake of Trump’s Steel Tariffs

Interesting. Still no real answer to my question, but some sort of pivot to tariffs. Tariffs. Which no one, including the present administration, thinks are permanent.

You brought all of this up. I recognize this is entirely your opinion. But I asked for some facts. Given you can't provide any, my final response is I certainly respect your opinion, but it is exactly that, an opinion. There is no factual basis for any of the speculation you posted. It is what it is. Speculation. I suspect driven by emotion, but that is your right as a natural person as well.

News Desk
That's a very enlightening article. I suspect most of us thought you were suggesting Trump was the person destroying the US from within. However the company president in that article stated "The greatest damage was a number of anti-dumping duties placed on the imported steel in March of 2016.” So clearly you meant it was Obama's 266% duties on steel imports that was the culprit.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-imposes-266-duty-on-some-chinese-steel-imports-1456878180

I'm interested in learning more. Do you have some links, or any factual basis regarding this installation of a dictatorship?

I'll wait. Otherwise, I'll just have to assume more hyperbole.

HYPERBOLE!!! OMG!!
None so blind as those who refuse to see!
Here's something that's applicable today as it was when it was written in 1742!
Thomas Gray's poem, Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1742):
"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."[1]

Because tariffs prove the original point about being converted to a dictatorship.

I'm sure everyone watched CNBC, an obviously right leaning network, when they had extensive interviews about tariffs, and the alleged "trade war."

Since everyone is well informed, let's have that debate.

Or we can go back to the original topic, and see if anyone can post one single fact or link in support of it.

HYPERBOLE!!! OMG!!
None so blind as those who refuse to see!
Here's something that's applicable today as it was when it was written in 1742!
Thomas Gray's poem, Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (1742):
"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise."[1]

Great post. Can you explain how this further your original speculation. Your first post. The one where no one has yet to post any facts, or links to prove it accurate.

Great post. Can you explain how this further your original speculation. Your first post. The one where no one has yet to post any facts, or links to prove it accurate.

SPECULATION??
Ru kidding me????
Sorry "nongolfer" but this is my last recognition of your posts!
I know when explanations are necessary and when they're useless!
Good luck! I wish you no malice!

Last edited:
attributed to Benjiman Franklin and the signing of the constitution, he walked out of independence hall and was asked by a lady "Mr Franklin, what type of government do we have". His reply a democracy if you can keep it"

Well, it's good thing we are Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy.
You might want to fact check a bit better, this is what he actually said.

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

http://www.ourrepubliconline.com/Author/21

I'll wait with the rest for some evidence of all this doom and gloom the left spews out. The right was butt-hurt when Obama won, but at least we were adult enough to get over it and move on (except for congress of course. They still played like little *******.)

Because tariffs prove the original point about being converted to a dictatorship.

I'm sure everyone watched CNBC, an obviously right leaning network, when they had extensive interviews about tariffs, and the alleged "trade war."

Since everyone is well informed, let's have that debate.

Or we can go back to the original topic, and see if anyone can post one single fact or link in support of it.
How about Put in sending an operative to administer a nerve agent on a person on British soil? How about the international outrage, including fake words by your president?
How about your president then forgetting the nerve agent attack, the attack on your democracy, the annexation of Crimea, the shooting down of a commercial airliner and instead cosying up to him and disrespecting your own intelligence services.
Not only is he incompetent, he's insulted my country greatly and I would say he's a traitor to yours.

Well, it's good thing we are Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy.
You might want to fact check a bit better, this is what he actually said.

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

http://www.ourrepubliconline.com/Author/21

I'll wait with the rest for some evidence of all this doom and gloom the left spews out. The right was butt-hurt when Obama won, but at least we were adult enough to get over it and move on (except for congress of course. They still played like little *******.)

so now you feel smug and all, how does that take away from what i said, the words i wrote still ring true. thank you very much.

so now you feel smug and all, how does that take away from what i said, the words i wrote still ring true. thank you very much.

No they don't - Do you know what "TRUE" means? You misquoted, i.e. LIED.
There is a huge difference between a democracy and a republic. It's important to get the quote correct. But then again the left seems more about hyper-boil and emotions than facts.

I can understand why you think you are correct, I mean the Washington post propagated the lie and then at the bottom of the article complained that many think the Washington post does nothing but lie. LOL can't make this stuff up.

But here is some education for you.
This misquote is a serious one, since the difference between a democracy and a republic is not merely a question of semantics but is fundamental. The word "republic" comes from the Latin res publica — which means simply "the public thing(s)," or more simply "the law(s)." "Democracy," on the other hand, is derived from the Greek words demos and kratein, which translates to "the people to rule." Democracy, therefore, has always been synonymous with majority rule.

The Founding Fathers supported the view that (in the words of the Declaration of Independence) "Men ... are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." They recognized that such rights should not be violated by an unrestrained majority any more than they should be violated by an unrestrained king or monarch. In fact, they recognized that majority rule would quickly degenerate into mobocracy and then into tyranny. They had studied the history of both the Greek democracies and the Roman republic. They had a clear understanding of the relative freedom and stability that had characterized the latter, and of the strife and turmoil — quickly followed by despotism — that had characterized the former. In drafting the Constitution, they created a government of law and not of men, a republic and not a democracy.

But don't take our word for it! Consider the words of the Founding Fathers themselves, who — one after another — condemned democracy.

Virginia's Edmund Randolph participated in the 1787 convention. Demonstrating a clear grasp of democracy's inherent dangers, he reminded his colleagues during the early weeks of the Constitutional Convention that the purpose for which they had gathered was "to provide a cure for the evils under which the United States labored; that in tracing these evils to their origin every man had found it in the turbulence and trials of democracy...."

John Adams, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, championed the new Constitution in his state precisely because it would not create a democracy. "Democracy never lasts long," he noted. "It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself." He insisted, "There was never a democracy that 'did not commit suicide.'"

New York's Alexander Hamilton, in a June 21, 1788 speech urging ratification of the Constitution in his state, thundered: "It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity." Earlier, at the Constitutional Convention, Hamilton stated: "We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of Democracy."

James Madison, who is rightly known as the "******* of the Constitution," wrote in The Federalist, No. 10: "... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they are violent in their deaths." The Federalist Papers, recall, were written during the time of the ratification debate to encourage the citizens of New York to support the new Constitution.

George Washington, who had presided over the Constitutional Convention and later accepted the honor of being chosen as the first President of the United States under its new Constitution, indicated during his inaugural address on April 30, 1789, that he would dedicate himself to "the preservation ... of the republican model of government."

Fisher Ames served in the U.S. Congress during the eight years of George Washington's presidency. A prominent member of the Massachusetts convention that ratified the Constitution for that state, he termed democracy "a government by the passions of the multitude, or, no less correctly, according to the vices and ambitions of their leaders." On another occasion, he labeled democracy's majority rule one of "the intermediate stages towards ... tyranny." He later opined: "Democracy, in its best state, is but the politics of Bedlam; while kept chained, its thoughts are frantic, but when it breaks loose, it kills the keeper, fires the building, and perishes." And in an essay entitled The Mire of Democracy, he wrote that the framers of the Constitution "intended our government should be a republic, which differs more widely from a democracy than a democracy from a despotism."

In light of the Founders' view on the subject of republics and democracies, it is not surprising that the Constitution does not contain the word "democracy," but does mandate: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government."

No they don't - Do you know what "TRUE" means? You misquoted, i.e. LIED.
There is a huge difference between a democracy and a republic. It's important to get the quote correct. But then again the left seems more about hyper-boil and emotions than facts.

I can understand why you think you are correct, I mean the Washington post propagated the lie and then at the bottom of the article complained that many think the Washington post does nothing but lie. LOL can't make this stuff up.

But here is some education for you.
This misquote is a serious one, since the difference between a democracy and a republic is not merely a question of semantics but is fundamental. The word "republic" comes from the Latin res publica — which means simply "the public thing(s)," or more simply "the law(s)." "Democracy," on the other hand, is derived from the Greek words demos and kratein, which translates to "the people to rule." Democracy, therefore, has always been synonymous with majority rule.

The Founding Fathers supported the view that (in the words of the Declaration of Independence) "Men ... are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." They recognized that such rights should not be violated by an unrestrained majority any more than they should be violated by an unrestrained king or monarch. In fact, they recognized that majority rule would quickly degenerate into mobocracy and then into tyranny. They had studied the history of both the Greek democracies and the Roman republic. They had a clear understanding of the relative freedom and stability that had characterized the latter, and of the strife and turmoil — quickly followed by despotism — that had characterized the former. In drafting the Constitution, they created a government of law and not of men, a republic and not a democracy.

But don't take our word for it! Consider the words of the Founding Fathers themselves, who — one after another — condemned democracy.

Virginia's Edmund Randolph participated in the 1787 convention. Demonstrating a clear grasp of democracy's inherent dangers, he reminded his colleagues during the early weeks of the Constitutional Convention that the purpose for which they had gathered was "to provide a cure for the evils under which the United States labored; that in tracing these evils to their origin every man had found it in the turbulence and trials of democracy...."

John Adams, a signer of the Declaration of Independence, championed the new Constitution in his state precisely because it would not create a democracy. "Democracy never lasts long," he noted. "It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself." He insisted, "There was never a democracy that 'did not commit suicide.'"

New York's Alexander Hamilton, in a June 21, 1788 speech urging ratification of the Constitution in his state, thundered: "It has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity." Earlier, at the Constitutional Convention, Hamilton stated: "We are a Republican Government. Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of Democracy."

James Madison, who is rightly known as the "******* of the Constitution," wrote in The Federalist, No. 10: "... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they are violent in their deaths." The Federalist Papers, recall, were written during the time of the ratification debate to encourage the citizens of New York to support the new Constitution.

George Washington, who had presided over the Constitutional Convention and later accepted the honor of being chosen as the first President of the United States under its new Constitution, indicated during his inaugural address on April 30, 1789, that he would dedicate himself to "the preservation ... of the republican model of government."

Fisher Ames served in the U.S. Congress during the eight years of George Washington's presidency. A prominent member of the Massachusetts convention that ratified the Constitution for that state, he termed democracy "a government by the passions of the multitude, or, no less correctly, according to the vices and ambitions of their leaders." On another occasion, he labeled democracy's majority rule one of "the intermediate stages towards ... tyranny." He later opined: "Democracy, in its best state, is but the politics of Bedlam; while kept chained, its thoughts are frantic, but when it breaks loose, it kills the keeper, fires the building, and perishes." And in an essay entitled The Mire of Democracy, he wrote that the framers of the Constitution "intended our government should be a republic, which differs more widely from a democracy than a democracy from a despotism."

In light of the Founders' view on the subject of republics and democracies, it is not surprising that the Constitution does not contain the word "democracy," but does mandate: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a republican form of government."
trust me on this, i have forgotten more American history than you will ever hope to learn in your lifetime, so you are not educating anyone. And if you want to get nasty we can get nasty and i can take your ass to the wood shed, do you really want to go there with me?

sorry but you can't win this one......the right holds their ideals above all else...and there either isn't a problem..or the left caused it

Trust me i know exactly what and who i am dealing with, it seems the trolls are out in full ******* on this site. Democracy, (because we do go around telling other countries we are the best democracy on the planet, why dont we go around saying we are the best Constitutional Republic on the Planet?), either or we are in danger of losing it and for what exactly? This is what i dont understand or get about those who are willingly allowing it to happen.

You can't debate with the left ... they are too hysterical over the fact they didn't win ... Everything is a threat to them cause they continue to lose ground and are helpless as their dreams of globalism slip away.
If Hilldabeast would have won they would all be singing kumbaya at a coffee shop somewhere in our borderless country of liberal loonies.
MAGA
Trump 2020

My 2cents but not coming back to this chat so don't bother replying to me.

trust me on this, i have forgotten more American history than you will ever hope to learn in your lifetime, so you are not educating anyone. And if you want to get nasty we can get nasty and i can take your ass to the wood shed, do you really want to go there with me?

Then you should have known . . . :bounce::bounce: Sure from the "non-violent" left, lets go to the tool shed, shall we. What a fuck-tard remark on an online forum. Every time you liberals are called out your first response is violent. WOW. I guess what John Adams and Alexander Hamilton said about Democracy was right.

If you prefer to believe the lie of your post, that is your choice. But I will still continue to evaluate based on facts and what is actually going on around me, not by what some left wing media tells me to believe. The point is, your claim isn't supported by fact - so suck up and be a big boy and admit you were wrong - but your superior ego won't allow it.

ys3e6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back