Trump 2016 Or Hillary?

Simple question Hillary or Trump?

• Total voters
....When the working class employees are paid a "livable wage", their use of welfare programs decline, thus bringing the costs of those programs down. If we, as a country, would put even a miniscule of effort into retooling our workforce away from manufacturing/service type industries, and into the technologies, we could see a strong workforce return, a vibrant economy rise, and a national debt that could then start back down. But we first need to break away from doing business & running government the old ways. This may require our getting OLD congressmen and big money influence out of Washington, and younger congressmen with fresh, new ideas IN.

If we, as a country, would put even a miniscule of effort into retooling our workforce away from manufacturing/service type industries, and into the technologies, we could see a strong workforce return,

hell we did it for India.... and now they are over here taking the good jobs.... and they are now asking for another 50,000 work visas!
hell we have to hire them... we have made it so hard for our ******* to go to school!... they cut education at the state level.... buy a friggn airplane that could give free college to thousands of *******.... but we don't take care of our vets... our elderly... nor our *******... it's all about big biz!

like our founding fathers said

pol12.jpg

....When the working class employees are paid a "livable wage", their use of welfare programs decline, thus bringing the costs of those programs down. If we, as a country, would put even a miniscule of effort into retooling our workforce away from manufacturing/service type industries, and into the technologies, we could see a strong workforce return, a vibrant economy rise, and a national debt that could then start back down.

This is part of what I do, retrain for the changing work place (in a nut shell), and this country puts forth more than a "minuscule" effort. The problems are not so much the effort put forth for training. Companies themselves won't train because of the time factor and more importantly - if they have to hire at $15 an hour then the person better come already trained and knowing what they are doing. But the real issue is 2 fold, first the employees. Out of every 10 people I see only about 5 are re-trainable. If they are older and set in their ways they want no part of it and act as if they are unable to learn anything new. The rest again about 50/50 a few will be eager and willing to learn new skills and the rest, usually the younger crowd, wold much rather just sit at home and collect a paycheck for doing nothing. Believe it or not, some people just do not want to work and they put forth a huge effort not to.

The second part is a complex combination of government, the large corporations and their lobbyist, and the patent process. As you have mentioned, and I agree, corporate funds need to stay out of Washington. Just as importantly the Patent process needs to change and allow for innovation and improvements to current patents. It also needs to discourage large corporations from buying up Patents with the sole purpose of shelving them to eliminate competition. (I could go on and and on about the patent process, but another time perhaps)

You can fantasies about a living wadge lowering the dependency on welfare all you want but in fact just the opposite will happen. If a higher min wadge is enforced then companies will simply lay off unneeded workers and dump the work load on other, higher paid employees. I'm seeing this happen already, especially in Cal.

If you really want to increase employee worth then invest more in small business. Employees are treated better, generally paid better and have more leverage over the company vs a huge conglomerate like McDonalds, or Walmart. Let me ask you a question;
Which is better? a single company that employs 5,000 workers at min wadge or 5,000 small companies that employ 5 to 10 skilled workers being paid $18+ per hour.

And this I couldn't agree with more, but this starts with us and changing the mindset of the Party line voter.
But we first need to break away from doing business & running government the old ways. This may require our getting OLD congressmen and big money influence out of Washington, and younger congressmen with fresh, new ideas IN.

Last edited:
We consider ourselves conservative democrats. We don't believe in giving tax breaks to those that can afford to pay some taxes, but also don't care to give free money to people to fricken lazy to work.:mad: Fat bastards sit on there ass, and take home more money than those of us that are working our asses off. There is no one to represent us.:( Everyone is way over to one side, or the other. Tired of working ourselves into the ground, to support the lazy "entitlement" crowd. Who the frick are they? Most days, neither one of us are without pain, but we continue to work, every day. We have pride. Clinton will continue to give away more money than we make. Some of you have no problem putting our great grandchildren in debt. We have a problem with that!:mad: We both voted for the dumb ass in office right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the first time. We gave him a chance, but we were not dumb enough to vote for him again. We will have no choice but to vote for Trump. He isn't perfect, but she is way out there! Sorry!

Ignorant people need to understand, we need to live within our means. I don't give a ******* what race or gender you are. Stupid is stupid. Equal rights, with special interest groups is an oxy moron. We are either all equal, or we are not.:confused: If you want to be part of this country, learn to blend in and pay your fair share. Don't come here, and try to change this country into what you ran away from. If it's so great, go back.:rolleyes: Trump has a lot of good ideas, but he needs to learn to filter his thoughts.

No matter what, we are all screwed.:(

How can Republicans stick with Trump?

Donald Trump lies about everything — especially himself, as The Post reported in an examination of a 2007 deposition. (“Trump had misstated sales at his condo buildings. Inflated the price of membership at one of his golf clubs. Overstated the depth of his past debts and the number of his employees. … Trump’s falsehoods were unstrategic — needless, highly specific, easy to disprove. When caught, Trump sometimes blamed others for the error or explained that the untrue thing really was true, in his mind, because he saw the situation more positively than others did.”) It’s entirely possible he lies so much that he no longer can distinguish between what he has made up and what is “real,” if there is room for such a concept. His family and closest aides are enablers at this point, refusing to see Trump for what he is.

Trump insults nearly every subset of Americans. He lacks rudimentary knowledge of our government and critical policies. But are Republicans really going to persist in running a candidate for president whose campaign the Secret Service had to speak to multiple times concerning language that can be taken as a call for violence? CNN reported:

A US Secret Service official confirms to CNN that the USSS has spoken to the Trump campaign regarding his Second Amendment comments. “There has been more than one conversation” on the topic, the official told CNN. The campaign told USSS Donald Trump did not intend to incite violence.

Trump denies the conversation(s) took place. A 13-year veteran of the Secret Service observed on National Public Radio: “I mean there’s almost a duty of care here by the Secret Service. You know, they have to ensure the totality of the circumstance is understood by all parties involved. They’ll advise both the Trump and Clinton campaigns that their words are powerful, and we can’t have that type of language misconstrued.”
It is peculiar in the extreme — unprecedented, according to the former agent — for a candidate for president to prompt concern about inciting violence against his opponent. Even if not intentional, Trump is so cavalier and/or inarticulate as to invite sincere concern about his words’ effect on his loyalists. But then, in his word salad of half-sentences and disconnected thoughts, it is often hard to figure out what in the world he is trying to say. (On the difference between coal from the United States and China, he announced, “We have a very, very small planet compared to the universe, right? And that stuff is going up and they’re not cleaning it.” What?!?)

What we do know is that Trump has repeatedly egged on his crowds and boasted that he would have hit this or that protester in the face. His henchman Roger Stone warned of “days of rage” at the convention if the nomination didn’t go to Trump. This is the language of thugs and fascistic pretenders who seek to discredit and undermine democracy itself.
Hillary Clinton was certainly entitled to rub it in. At an event on Wednesday, she told the crowd in Iowa, “Words matter, my friends, and if you are running to be president or if you are president of the United States, words can have tremendous consequences.” She continued, “Yesterday, we witnessed the latest in a long line of casual comments from Donald Trump that crossed the line. His casual cruelty to a Gold Star family, his casual suggestion that more countries should have nuclear weapons, and now his casual inciting of violence.” She concluded, “Every single one of these incidents shows us that Donald Trump simply does not have the temperament to be president and commander in chief of the United States.” Can anyone really take issue with that?

Well, we passed “unfit for office” months ago, but Republicans might want to consider whether Trump’s Second Amendment threat is the last, best chance to dump him. Neither House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) nor Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) responded to a request for comment. They might consider coming out en masse against Trump. At a time when many ordinary Republicans are decamping from Trump’s camp, GOP “leaders” seem paralyzed by indecision. They risk a real calamity (political and, God forbid, otherwise) if they remain silent. But mostly they look lost, irresponsible and blinded by partisanship.

Clinton is playing the latest incident for all that it’s worth. She commended Republicans for standing up to Trump. “I am humbled and moved by the Republicans who are willing to stand up and say Donald Trump doesn’t represent their values, not only as Republicans but as Americans,” she said. “I have to tell you, I feel that same sense of responsibility. We may not agree on everything, but this is not a normal election. And I will work hard for the next three months to earn the support of anyone willing to put our country first.” So why won’t more elected Republicans?

We consider ourselves conservative democrats. We don't believe in giving tax breaks to those that can afford to pay some taxes, but also don't care to give free money to people to fricken lazy to work.:mad: Fat bastards sit on there ass, and take home more money than those of us that are working our asses off. There is no one to represent us.:( Everyone is way over to one side, or the other. Tired of working ourselves into the ground, to support the lazy "entitlement" crowd. Who the frick are they?

that doesn't sound very democratic to me....??!!
I work and don't like to see money just handed out either... but I also see women and ******* at exits with a sign no home and no food.... that's not right for *******.. in America!
I also see people working more than one job and STILL struggling... this isn't China or Mexico!
we used to be a self supporting nation and people worked and had a good family life.... but that changed... and I think most of you know my opinion on that!

The worst of both worlds: These Republicans refuse to embrace or reject Trump — and voters are starting to punish them for it

Call it the Trump Tightrope.

Republicans who are not running for office this year have the luxury of rejecting their party’s controversial nominee outright. That’s what Maine Sen. Susan Collins did Monday when she wrote in the Washington Post that “Trump lacks the temperament, self-discipline and judgment required to be president.” It’s also what those 50 Republican national security officials did when they announced that “none of us will vote for Donald Trump.”

But if you’re a Republican who’s actually trying to get elected in November — especially in a true tossup contest — then your relationship with Trump is probably more … complicated. Endorse him unequivocally and your Democratic opponent will make you own every radioactive thing he says; break with him publicly and his passionate, plentiful supporters will call you a RINO and threaten to punish you on Election Day.

Faced with such unpalatable options, nearly all of this cycle’s most vulnerable Republican Senate candidates have tried to split the difference. First they’ve announced that they “intend to vote for/support the party’s nominee” — or something similarly tepid and legalistic — and then they’ve chided or avoided Trump whenever it serves their purposes.

In theory, this approach makes sense; it denies the press a damaging narrative (“GOP Senate Candidate Dumps Trump!”) while still keeping the Donald at arm’s length.
There’s only one problem: the tightrope strategy doesn’t actually seem to be working. The more scandalous stuff Trump says, the more his swing-state poll numbers fall — and the more his numbers fall, the thinner the Trump Tightrope gets. Trump fans don’t trust you. Democrats tie you to him no matter what you say. And eventually, you start to lose your balance.

No one has plummeted to his or her political death yet, but right now, incumbent New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is looking like the wobbliest of the bunch.

After Trump dispatched his last two Republican rivals in early May, Ayotte’s communications director sent out the following statement: “As she’s said from the beginning, Kelly plans to support the nominee. As a candidate herself, she hasn’t and isn’t planning to endorse anyone this cycle.” Doesn’t get much more tightropey than that.

At the time, Ayotte was leading her Democratic opponent, Gov. Maggie Hassan, by an average of 3.5 percentage points in the polls. Some New Hampshire surveys showed Trump within striking distance of Clinton.

Since then, however, Trump has made misstep after misstep: attacking a Mexican-American judge, sparring with the parents of a fallen Muslim American soldier, wondering aloud whether “Second Amendment people” might stop Clinton from becoming president. His standing in New Hampshire seems to be tanking as a result. In May, the WBUR/MassINC poll showed him virtually tied with Clinton. Now it gives Hillary a staggering 17-point lead.
Ayotte hasn’t exactly shied away from criticizing Trump, and Trump himself has taken notice. But she is still “supporting” him. “I’ve said that I’m going to be voting for our nominee” is how she put it earlier this week.

Unfortunately for Ayotte, New Hampshirites appear to be turning against her (just like they’re turning against Trump). Four of the last six Granite State surveys have given Hassan the edge, and the most recent — the only one released after both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions — shows Ayotte trailing the governor by a perilous 10 percentage points.

Incumbent Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey is in a similar bind. He’s never been a big Trump guy. He initially backed Marco Rubio. He voted for Ted Cruz in his state’s April primary. He called Trump’s comments about Judge Gonzalo Curiel “deeply offensive” and said that treating a Gold Star family with “anything” other than “gratitude and honor” is “inappropriate.” He hasn’t attended any of Trump’s four Keystone State events. He even characterized Trump’s campaign as “highly problematic.”

But Toomey has also said that “as a Republican elected official, I am inclined to support the nominee of my party,” and he hasn’t ruled out endorsing Trump at some later date. So as Trump has lost ground in Pennsylvania — Clinton’s average lead has grown from 0.5 percentage points on June 22 to 9.2 percentage points today — so has Toomey.
Before mid-July, Toomey was outpacing his Democratic rival, Katie McGinty, by 6.7 points on average. But McGinty — who delights in linking Toomey to Trump at every turn — has come out on top in six of the seven polls released since then, with an average lead of 2.6 percentage points. Cash infusions from the Koch brothers have helped keep the race close, but for Toomey, the trend lines aren’t encouraging.

There are some signs that Trump isn’t an impossible problem for these tossup GOP Senate candidates to solve. It may be that the more you cozy up to him, the worse you do. Since May, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman has made his distaste for Trump exceedingly clear, even as he continues to (technically) “support the Republican nominee” — and during that time he’s actually pulled ahead of former Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland. (His campaign is also reaching out to voters at Clinton rallies.) On the flip side, Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson was the only tightrope-walking Senate candidate to speak at Trump’s convention in Cleveland last month; he told USA Today that he is “going to do everything I can to help [Trump] win.” Now the polling in Wisconsin shows Trump trailing Clinton by 15 percentage points — triple last month’s margin — and Johnson losing to former Sen. Russ Feingold by 11.
On the other hand, disavowing Trump isn’t necessarily a silver bullet. In Illinois — a bluer state than New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Ohio or Wisconsin — incumbent Sen. Mark Kirk leaped off the Trump tightrope last month when he rescinded his initial endorsement of the GOP nominee and declared that Trump was “too bigoted and racist” to be president. At an event Wednesday in Chicago, Kirk broke with his party — and, more pointedly, its Wall Builder in Chief — to push for a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. But the only public poll released this month shows Kirk’s Democratic rival, Rep. Tammy Duckworth, ahead by 7 percentage points.

In the midst of all of this bad news, Florida’s marquee Senate battle between Marco Rubio and Patrick Murphy might seem like a bright spot for the GOP. After all, Rubio seems to have built a fairly solid lead in the polls since pulling a 180 and jumping into the race in late June — and he’s a Trump tightroper too.

But examined more closely, Rubio’s relative success is probably more discouraging than encouraging for the GOP. If you recall, Rubio spent the better part of a year trying to stop Trump from becoming president. He has more wiggle room than pretty much any other Republican because voters already know how he really feels about the nominee.
None of Rubio’s fellow tightrope walkers, however, will get the same sort of space to maneuver. Instead, they’ll continue to totter for the next 88 days. The hope for the GOP is that they don’t fall off.

This whole thing with Trump is a political plan by Hillary and the left...he is running as a republican but he is a democrat and it was all a plan to get him nominated then have him self destruct so Hillary got elected. Clever but devious plan by the left and Hillary

I don't doubt that. I told my wife the day Trump announced his candidacy that it was nothing but a ploy to ensure Hillary's win. Sanders gave her a close call however, and I still think "they" got to him.

In Arizona, incumbent Sen. John McCain still needs to win his Aug. 30 primary before officially squaring off against Democratic challenger Ann Kirkpatrick. But that hasn’t stopped the two candidates from battering each other with negative general-election ads.

The latest volley is from Kirkpatrick, who currently represents Arizona’s First Congressional District in the House. In “Trumped,” Kirkpatrick attacks McCain for saying he will “support the nominee” more than “50 times” — even though Trump has repeatedly disparaged McCain’s military service and intelligence. The point, Kirkpatrick argues, is that McCain “has changed” — that he’s no longer the principled maverick who ran for president in 2000 and 2008.

Who knows if this message will work. Unlike Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Illinois, New Hampshire or Pennsylvania, the Arizona Senate contest isn’t considered a tossup; McCain is a legend in the state, and every analyst insists that the race leans his way. Even in Kirkpatrick’s ad, the senator’s disgust with Trump is palpable; he looks and sounds a bit like a hostage being ****** to repeat the phrase “I support the nominee.”

But perhaps that’s the point. The more Trump insults McCain — and the more Trump shoots off his mouth about stuff like “Second Amendment people,” which the Kirkpatrick camp quickly worked into its ad — the more McCain’s continued and repeated “support” for the “nominee” will serve to undermine his brand.

The latest polling shows Trump leading Clinton in Arizona by the slimmest of margins. And the most recent Arizona Senate survey actually put Kirkpatrick ahead. Going forward, McCain needs to be careful. It looks as if he may be walking the Trump Tightrope too.

_____

I cant tell if he really wants to win or if its all a joke.
I think he thinks to much of himself to notice... he just thinks... like he said earlier... he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and not lose votes
and look at some of the people on here... he lies like a damned rug! his biz practice is not near what he says... all his products are made overseas... he wants more immagrants to work at his resort... on and on... and yet people on here swear by him... you have to wonder about their mindset!
they think because he is a non-politician he will get things done.... he STILL has to work with those politicians to get anything done!
He can't just wave his tiny little hands and say I want this to happen.... doesn't work that way

Back