"Talking" about sex

HelenOfTrois

Female
From
US
Can anyone else relate to this?

I don't like "talking" about sex. I mean direct talk. It's too analytical and doesn't arouse me or cause any kind of heat. I have always been turned on by more indirect, abstract "suggestive" sexual communication. Gestures, looks, talking about sex INDIRECTLY (i.e. inuendo, intelligent, intuitive suggestiveness, etc.) Not everyone has to be a poet, but I get super turned off when someone discusses sex they would discuss a hamburger or a sports game. We just have so much "Direct" communication in life that I think sexuality should be this very subtle, erotic, mythical space where we can dream and fantasize creatively without the dullness and corporatism of ordinary language.

What are your ways of indirectly communicating about sex?

I actually love talking about sex. I love talking about it with my husband because I feel like it gives both of us a great window into what the other wants or desires. I love talking about it with friends because I love knowing how people really are behind what you see out in public. I have one friend that is the nicest and shyest person you'd see in the world and I know behind closed doors she is the opposite and has done things people could not even imagine and I think that is amazing.

I think sexuality should be this very subtle, erotic, mythical space where we can dream and fantasize creatively without the dullness and corporatism of ordinary language.
By "sex" I assume you refer to the physical applications of sex. People should just have sex with whoever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want with no regards to the responsibilities that come with it. What you refer to is the "cream of the cream" ... that top 1-2% of enjoying sexual pleasures. After all, we're all biological and should not be responsible for our copulating urges.
That sound about right? Just walk around naked, I guess, and when the urge hits you, you and your complying partner just have sex, right?
Give it no more thought than two dogs would give it.
So, when might be the appropriate time to discuss the repercussions of SEX ... those little, unimportant things like pregnancy, disease, individual commitments, sexual protocols/limitations, etc?
Sexual Spontaneity is grand ... I love it, but it doesn't relieve us of our responsibilities when we practice it.

gif_HINTS.gif

Last edited:
By "sex" I assume you refer to the physical applications of sex. People should just have sex with whoever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want with no regards to the responsibilities that come with it. What you refer to is the "cream of the cream" ... that top 1-2% of enjoying sexual pleasures. After all, we're all biological and should not be responsible for our copulating urges.
That sound about right? Just walk around naked, I guess, and when the urge hits you, you and your complying partner just have sex, right?
Give it no more thought than two dogs would give it.
So, when might be the appropriate time to discuss the repercussions of SEX ... those little, unimportant things like pregnancy, disease, individual commitments, sexual protocols/limitations, etc?
Sexual Spontaneity is grand ... I love it, but it doesn't relieve us of our responsibilities when we practice it.

View attachment 3743966

Thats.... not what the post was about at all. Clearly I was referencing "talking" about actual sex acts, i.e. directly describing sex acts. I was not critiquing the actual discussion of repercussions of sex, or consent, or pregnancy.... Jeez. I just don't really know how you interpreted my post this way. In fact, I imagine you didn't -- I imagine you know exactly what I was referencing but decided to take it in a completely different way. (How 2020....)

Social justice warrioring is better done in places where it actually makes an impact. Enjoy your internet trolling though! ✌️

I actually love talking about sex. I love talking about it with my husband because I feel like it gives both of us a great window into what the other wants or desires. I love talking about it with friends because I love knowing how people really are behind what you see out in public. I have one friend that is the nicest and shyest person you'd see in the world and I know behind closed doors she is the opposite and has done things people could not even imagine and I think that is amazing.
Your friend sounds awesome. I agree, discussing sex with friends is fun and I definitely enjoy the sort of "voyeuristic" aspect of hearing about the private sexual escapades of others.... I was more referencing those "sexting gone wrong" situations where the "sexy talk" becomes a total turn-off. (Whether by text or in person.) I guess I'm talking about "talking" as the sexual act. Not discussing sex with girlfriends, which is a totally different thing altogether...

Can anyone else relate to this?

I don't like "talking" about sex. I mean direct talk. It's too analytical and doesn't arouse me or cause any kind of heat. I have always been turned on by more indirect, abstract "suggestive" sexual communication. Gestures, looks, talking about sex INDIRECTLY (i.e. inuendo, intelligent, intuitive suggestiveness, etc.) Not everyone has to be a poet, but I get super turned off when someone discusses sex they would discuss a hamburger or a sports game. We just have so much "Direct" communication in life that I think sexuality should be this very subtle, erotic, mythical space where we can dream and fantasize creatively without the dullness and corporatism of ordinary language.

What are your ways of indirectly communicating about sex?
Yes, i.like that way too

Back