Politics, Politics, Politics

Whoa, I just jumped on here. Torp, this is a lot to digest. I am headed home to watch the college basketball games. I will see if I can print this off and read through this in the next few days. I will not be close to a computer until about Wednesday of next week. The only thing first read through that I disagree with your assertion that the race relations are worse than in 30 years. That may be true in much of the U.S. and where you live. But in the South, which I travel extensively, and in the Southwest, where I live, relations are still improving. I work with Blacks a lot [still call themselves that down here]. We talk about race, and they mostly agree things are improving. But most, but not all, of the folks I deal with are middle aged. The young might have another opinion.
What three words does a woman not want to hear when she is making love? "Honey, I'm home!" I guess that joke loses a little luster on a swingers website.

Whoa, I just jumped on here. Torp, this is a lot to digest. I am headed home to watch the college basketball games. I will see if I can print this off and read through this in the next few days. I will not be close to a computer until about Wednesday of next week. The only thing first read through that I disagree with your assertion that the race relations are worse than in 30 years. That may be true in much of the U.S. and where you live. But in the South, which I travel extensively, and in the Southwest, where I live, relations are still improving. I work with Blacks a lot [still call themselves that down here]. We talk about race, and they mostly agree things are improving. But most, but not all, of the folks I deal with are middle aged. The young might have another opinion.
What three words does a woman not want to hear when she is making love? "Honey, I'm home!" I guess that joke loses a little luster on a swingers website.
Joke could still funny. Maybe he is early for getting second's or third's or maybe just for clean up.

Splitter, If you don't like the thread, what the hell are you doing here and why the hell are you commenting on it. If you don't like it, be a good little boy and Go the F away!!! I prefer to learn from people.

Torp,
After thinking about it for a bit, I think you are right, to a degree. I thank race relations, in general, are the worst I have seen it in my lifetime.
However, I do not think they are that way between the average black guy and the average white guy.
I think they are that way between the "elite" black guys, and everyone else. There is no doubt in my mind that Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, and their crowd stirred up race hatred in Furgeson for political reasons. They got their help from Al "Not so" Sharpton and the Reverend Jesse. Sharpton and Jackson only survive if there is racial tension somewhere in the world. Listen to the stories, from Michael Brown's own mom!!!, of how Jackson tried to . . . coerce . . . donations from her.
This racial hatred has been stirred up falsely with political votes and leanings at stake. Michael Brown never had his hands up. Michael Brown never said "Don't shoot!". Those facts were even in the report from Eric Holder's Justice Department!!!! Holder wanted to prosecute that cop so bad he could taste it. Unfortunately, the idiot could not find any evidence.
Look. Racism sucks. And it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I experienced it firsthand in Florida with my now ex-wife. She is filipina, but looks latina. It was not pretty. And it hurt a lot. Moire emotionally than anything else.
But false racism is almost worse than real racism.

@Torpedo, I hope you placed that wager on Wisconsin.
Yes I did. I put down a nice chunk of change. The gentleman I placed my wager with looked at me with raised eyebrows when I wagered that Wisconsin would win. The odds were nice. He asked me if I know something he didn't, I told him that I didn't think Kentucky could beat Wisconsin two years in a row. I really expected the game to be closer. Both teams have powerhouse defenses that was clearly demonstrated by the low scores. It was sad to hear about the violence after the game by Kentucky fans. As I recall you mentioned in an earlier post that Kaminsky needed a good game for Wisconsin to win. I guess 20 points qualifies. The hot streak Wisconsin had at the beginning of the second half was really the determining factor. At that level of play you can't come out of the gate and give up an 8 point deficit. Kentucky was playing catch up the whole second half. I was amazed (and a bit concerned) when they Kentucky got back on top with a 4 point lead. But they just ran out of gas. Great game!

Torp,
After thinking about it for a bit, I think you are right, to a degree. I thank race relations, in general, are the worst I have seen it in my lifetime.
However, I do not think they are that way between the average black guy and the average white guy.
I think they are that way between the "elite" black guys, and everyone else. There is no doubt in my mind that Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, and their crowd stirred up race hatred in Furgeson for political reasons. They got their help from Al "Not so" Sharpton and the Reverend Jesse. Sharpton and Jackson only survive if there is racial tension somewhere in the world. Listen to the stories, from Michael Brown's own mom!!!, of how Jackson tried to . . . coerce . . . donations from her.
This racial hatred has been stirred up falsely with political votes and leanings at stake. Michael Brown never had his hands up. Michael Brown never said "Don't shoot!". Those facts were even in the report from Eric Holder's Justice Department!!!! Holder wanted to prosecute that cop so bad he could taste it. Unfortunately, the idiot could not find any evidence.
Look. Racism sucks. And it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I experienced it firsthand in Florida with my now ex-wife. She is filipina, but looks latina. It was not pretty. And it hurt a lot. Moire emotionally than anything else.
But false racism is almost worse than real racism.
Racism is racism. It does go both ways

I saw the video with of Michael Brown robbing the convenience store a few minutes before he was shot. He slapped up a clerk and took what he wanted. I find it hard to believe that a few minutes later he is acting contrite and submissive and is shot down in cold *******. Apparently the only person that claimed he was shot in cold ******* was an individual that had been with him when he robbed the convenience store.

I know the local police know who I am. I also know that I am not treated the same as blue collar working class. I have a concealed carry permit. The reason that I do bothers me a bit everyday. When I was young I worried about some white SOB in a hood and a mask. Now I worry about some young blackman angry at the world deciding to temporarily improve their standard of living by putting a bullet or two in me and taking what I have.

Great men and women stand on great achievements. If you go to the other end of the spectrum you find little people that achieve nothing and feel good about themselves by standing on the backs of whoever they can.

2016 should be interesting. If the Republicans were a cohesive ******* they would likely be a shoo in. But as you mention the party is split 4 ways and it is unlikely that they will patch things up in a year, they will try but the polarization that has been worsening for 50 years will prevent it.

Obama came to office prepared to be king not president. Some of his unilateral decisions will show him to be a great president if they work.

They started putting bandaids on ACA as soon as it went into effect. One thing I am very curious about is to what degree individual medical records were compromised by the ACA website. The first step to hacking a system is to break it and the website went online broken. However it may take years to accurately assess the damage.

What happens in Iran is going to be interesting. If the treaty holds and Iran doesn't get nuclear weapons then President Obama is a genius and his foreign policy approach is vindicated. However one of the intelligence services I subscribe to feels they will have a nuclear weapon within a year. Building a pure fission device up to about 1 megaton is really pretty simple. The big problem is acquiring the fissionable material to make the bomb. Apparently the treaty allows them to possess Plutonium. That is very bad. The Hiroshima bomb was around 15 kilotons and the Nagasaki bomb was around 20 kilotons. So being able to build a low tech bomb up to just under a kiloton is a very bad thing.

There were a number of things that you mentioned that are issues such as prosecutions he didn't order, the Bergdahl affair and a host of other things. Deficits are projected to start rising next year and are projected to continue to increase until around 2020 and then things are going to hit critical mass. Doesn't make any difference who is sitting in the big chair. ACA relied heavily on subsidized premiums to fly and in the next few years the money simply isn't going to be there to do it. ACA was never all that comprehensive in the first place. President Obama hung out a big carrot in the form of subsidizing the state programs. The states were expected to clean any mess left by ACA and the financial carrot that was initially offered was/is substantial. However as I have said earlier deficits are expected to start to rise next year and in very short order there isn't going to be the money to continue subsidizing at current levels.

One of the biggest disappointment for me was the state of race relations and plight of many black Americans. Racial tensions in this country are the worst I have seen in 30 or more years. Black unemployment still runs twice the rate it does for white Americans.

Ross Perot really had a decent shot at the White House. At least he did until he started with the conspiracy stuff which might or might not have been true, but he came off as a flake.

A good part of our Federal debt is rather interesting because it doesn't come from the Federal Government per se. A lot of out debt is from the money borrowed by the Federal Reserve for the QE program. Initially the the Fed just ran the printing presses and printed more money. The problem with that is you can have serious increases in inflation or even run away inflation by flooding the economy with cash. However borrowing too much money can dry up the supply and interest rates go up. High inflation in a recessionary economy can cause a lot of problems. The other thing is if the money supply dries up interest rates go up which can stifle a recovery. The balancing act is a pretty fine line. Personally I think they shouldn't have gotten involved. I have done well with QE, it has pushed the stock marker well above where it would be expected in today's economy. The problem is when QE ends the market will likely suffer a major correction. I expect to have my retirement else where by then. Of course people that were relying or savings got screwed because inflation, even at the current low rate exceeds the interest rate paid often by a factor of two or more.

As to a third party. In many ways the mood of the country is a lot like it was in the 1960's with Black Americans. When MLK came along Black Americans had reached a boiling point. He was at the right time and place. If he had arrived in 1900 or even 1930 or 1940 I doubt he would have been anymore than a minor footnote in history. I really think that a majority of people have come to see the Federal Government for what it is. So with a good leader I think a third party is viable.
Well, Iran will have a nuclear bomb within five years, much less ten. Book it. Winning that wager is easy money compared to betting on basketball games. What Iran has done in the last ten years has already decided that. Taking out Iran's nuclear program with bombs is not like bombing Iraq's nuclear reactor several years ago. Iran's nuclear program is spread over a large area, some close to population centers, others in mountainous terrain. Perhaps it was inevitable they would get one.
I blame President Obama for many things, but I am not sure we could have prevented what is coming via Iran's nuclear program. What is odious is Obama's stance that this is not a treaty. He never intended to run this by Congress, and will veto the Repubs attempt by legislation to make him do so. But Pres Obama is not the first President to abuse executive power, although Will makes a good case he is the most brazen, with the widest interpretation.
You mentioned QE. I can explain QE as well as anyone. But those reading this who are interested in it already understand it. Suffice it to say, QE is a BFD.
The market being closed last Friday has probably took the shock out of the unfavorable jobs report, which also came out Friday. I have not checked Wall Street this am, but the report and the other earnings report will contribute to a poor showing for awhile. But again, those who understand QE [the printing of money is a related issue] know that this will make the Fed pull back on interest hikes, which most likely will make the market rally again.
Anyone who can predict when the Fed will finally start raising interest rates for sure, please let me know. I will send a box of chocolates. Most likely, they will not do it until after the November 2016 elections.
As those that follow Wall Street realize, the markets are also influenced by the general state of the economy, price earnings ratios, etc. But not as much as a rational person thinks. The U.S.is internationally still one of the safest places to invest, with a sound economy and government, which helps investment, too.
It was so predictable 2-3 years ago, when Congress had the big standoff over the budget, and the looming sequester, that the markets would tank. But they came back in 2-3 months. Next time we faced the same crisis, the markets had already been through this shock. Next time, no big deal. The market adjusts to most anything-the next time it happens.
Obviously, if and when we start having domestic terrorism that kills Americans here in the thousands, we will more severe problems than the stock market-loss of life, loss of liberty, etc. But Wall Street will absolutely hit the shitter-perhaps for 2-3 years. Then...it will come back, and possibly not crater with the next terrorism event that kills several thousand. But if we have a series of domestic terrorism events, with large losses of life and/or property, I am not sure the market will come back, at least in my lifetime.
As a former athlete, the lows following crucial losses were always more impactful than the highs following crucial wins. Coaches say much the same thing-they remember the losses more than the wins.
But I feel just the opposite with the stock market. I hurt when my stocks go down. But that hurt is not as bad as the regret when I miss a run up in stocks. That is why I stay mostly with mutual funds these days-less predictions to worry about.

Last edited:
@Torpedo, I hope you placed that wager on Wisconsin.
I am placing the same amount on the Championship game. Even if they loose I am still ahead. I didn't get as good odds on the championship game. Duke has won here a number of times, but I think Wisconsin is more focused and hungrier. At this level the intangibles can be what make or break a team.

Well, Iran will have a nuclear bomb within five years, much less ten. Book it. Winning that wager is easy money compared to betting on basketball games. What Iran has done in the last ten years has already decided that. Taking out Iran's nuclear program with bombs is not like bombing Iraq's nuclear reactor several years ago. Iran's nuclear program is spread over a large area, some close to population centers, others in mountainous terrain. Perhaps it was inevitable they would get one.
I blame President Obama for many things, but I am not sure we could have prevented what is coming via Iran's nuclear program. What is odious is Obama's stance that this is not a treaty. He never intended to run this by Congress, and will veto the Repubs attempt by legislation to make him do so. But Pres Obama is not the first President to abuse executive power, although Will makes a good case he is the most brazen, with the widest interpretation.
You mentioned QE. I can explain QE as well as anyone. But those reading this who are interested in it already understand it. Suffice it to say, QE is a BFD.
The market being closed last Friday has probably took the shock out of the unfavorable jobs report, which also came out Friday. I have not checked Wall Street this am, but the report and the other earnings report will contribute to a poor showing for awhile. But again, those who understand QE [the printing of money is a related issue] know that this will make the Fed pull back on interest hikes, which most likely will make the market rally again.
Anyone who can predict when the Fed will finally start raising interest rates for sure, please let me know. I will send a box of chocolates. Most likely, they will not do it until after the November 2016 elections.
As those that follow Wall Street realize, the markets are also influenced by the general state of the economy, price earnings ratios, etc. But not as much as a rational person thinks. The U.S.is internationally still one of the safest places to invest, with a sound economy and government, which helps investment, too.
It was so predictable 2-3 years ago, when Congress had the big standoff over the budget, and the looming sequester, that the markets would tank. But they came back in 2-3 months. Next time we faced the same crisis, the markets had already been through this shock. Next time, no big deal. The market adjusts to most anything-the next time it happens.
Obviously, if and when we start having domestic terrorism that kills Americans here in the thousands, we will more severe problems than the stock market-loss of life, loss of liberty, etc. But Wall Street will absolutely hit the shitter-perhaps for 2-3 years. Then...it will come back, and possibly not crater with the next terrorism event that kills several thousand. But if we have a series of domestic terrorism events, with large losses of life and/or property, I am not sure the market will come back, at least in my lifetime.
As a former athlete, the lows following crucial losses were always more impactful than the highs following crucial wins. Coaches say much the same thing-they remember the losses more than the wins.
But I feel just the opposite with the stock market. I hurt when my stocks go down. But that hurt is not as bad as the regret when I miss a run up in stocks. That is why I stay mostly with mutual funds these days-less predictions to worry about.
My money says Iran will have nuclear capability within a year. A fission device under about a megaton isn't difficult. Getting the material is 90% of the battle. Uranium is time consuming to refine because the common isotope U-238 isn't any good to build a bomb. It can be used as a yield booster on a fission-fusion-fission device but Iran is a long way from that capability. They need either U-235 in sufficient quantity to create a critical mass or they need Plutonium Pu-239 for the critical mass. Uranium is time consuming to separate the isotopes, that's why they have all the centrifuges. But as nuclear materials go Uranium is fairly easy to handle. Plutonium on the other hand is just plain nasty stuff. Chemically it is as toxic as cyanide. It gives off way more prompt radiation than Uranium. It has the same valence as calcium so if you ingest it and it doesn't ******* you by poisoning you your body sees it as calcium and puts it in your bones where it can do the most damage. The PU-238 isotope is useful for power supplies, I think the Cassini probe uses it. I imagine they used the argument that they need PU-238 for power supplies

A good part of our foreign policy problems resulted because President Obama didn't have a foreign policy. The invasion of Crimea happened because Putin stared down Obama and Obama buckled.

The Shiite branch of Islam has long considered deceit as acceptable negotiating tactics. The history of the Middle East especially the early years of the faith makes for some interesting reading. Of course most of what I have read was written by Sunni. President Obama has been so bent on creating a legacy that he has failed to use the resources at his disposal. He has a long list of unilateral decisions that if they pan out he will be hailed a genius. However I fear he will be remembered as an arrogant fool.

Dollar wise the biggest business in the country is the Federal government. The problem is they are not particularly responsible. They continually and constantly meddle with things they have little or no understanding of. They make it difficult for the people that do know what they are doing to succeed. The number of small business starts is no where what it once was, and neither is foreign investment. A number of years back Saudi Arabia offered to build a 4 billion dollar oil refinery in the United States. There were no takers. Primarily because everyone knew that there was no way that the refinery could have gotten all the required approvals in any reasonable time frame.

I am more concerned about how and when QE ends than I am about interest rates. The Fed has been borrowing to fund QE, they couldn't keep printing money without the risk of inflation taking off. The stock market has been pushed by QE and is overvalued by at least 20% maybe more. When QE ends the market will correct itself. Interest rates will stay down. The Federal Governments current interest on the debt is around 240 billion it is expected to go to a trillion by 2020. They can't afford to have interest rates go up.

The federal deficit is projected to start increasing next year and the increase is going to accelerate. Somewhere between 2022 and 2025 the shell game will end. I expect that in the next couple of years I will move out of the country. There are several countries that have nice climates, lenient tax laws and that allow the purchase of citizenship. I would have to give up my Social Security if I renounce my citizenship but it is starting to look more attractive every day.

Last edited:
My money says Iran will have nuclear capability within a year. A fission device under about a megaton isn't difficult. Getting the material is 90% of the battle. Uranium is time consuming to refine because the common isotope U-238 isn't any good to build a bomb. It can be used as a yield booster on a fission-fusion-fission device but Iran is a long way from that capability. They need either U-235 in sufficient quantity to create a critical mass or they need Plutonium Pu-239 for the critical mass. Uranium is time consuming to separate the isotopes, that's why they have all the centrifuges. But as nuclear materials go Uranium is fairly easy to handle. Plutonium on the other hand is just plain nasty stuff. Chemically it is as toxic as cyanide. It gives off way more prompt radiation than Uranium. It has the same valence as calcium so if you ingest it and it doesn't ******* you by poisoning you your body sees it as calcium and puts it in your bones where it can do the most damage. The PU-238 isotope is useful for power supplies, I think the Cassini probe uses it. I imagine they used the argument that they need PU-238 for power supplies

A good part of our foreign policy problems resulted because President Obama didn't have a foreign policy. The invasion of Crimea happened because Putin stared down Obama and Obama buckled.

The Shiite branch of Islam has long considered deceit as acceptable negotiating tactics. The history of the Middle East especially the early years of the faith makes for some interesting reading. Of course most of what I have read was written by Sunni. President Obama has been so bent on creating a legacy that he has failed to use the resources at his disposal. He has a long list of unilateral decisions that if they pan out he will be hailed a genius. However I fear he will be remembered as an arrogant fool.

Dollar wise the biggest business in the country is the Federal government. The problem is they are not particularly responsible. They continually and constantly meddle with things they have little or no understanding of. They make if difficult for the people that do know what they are doing to succeed. The number of small business starts is no where what it once was, and neither is foreign investment. A number of years back Saudi Arabia offered to build a 4 billion dollar oil refinery in the United States. There were no takers. Primarily because everyone knew that there was no way that the refinery could have gotten all the required approvals in any reasonable time frame.

I am more concerned about how and when QE ends than I am about interest rates. The Fed has been borrowing to fund QE, they couldn't keep printing money without the risk of inflation taking off. The stock market has been pushed by QE and is overvalued by at least 20% maybe more. When QE ends the market will correct itself. Interest rates will stay down. The Federal Governments current interest on the debt is around 240 billion it is expected to go to a trillion by 2020. They can't afford to have interest rates go up.

The federal deficit is projected to start increasing next year and the increase is going to accelerate. Somewhere between 2022 and 2025 the shell game will end. I expect that in the next couple of years I will move out of the country. There are several countries that have nice climates, lenient tax laws that allow the purchase of citizenship. I would have to give up my Social Security if I renounce my citizenship but it is starting to look more attractive every day.
I agree with Torp. 6 months to 1 year is my prediction.

Dollar wise the biggest business in the country is the Federal government. The problem is they are not particularly responsible. They continually and constantly meddle with things they have little or no understanding of. They make it difficult for the people that do know what they are doing to succeed. The number of small business starts is no where what it once was, and neither is foreign investment. A number of years back Saudi Arabia offered to build a 4 billion dollar oil refinery in the United States. There were no takers. Primarily because everyone knew that there was no way that the refinery could have gotten all the required approvals in any reasonable time frame.

The federal deficit is projected to start increasing next year and the increase is going to accelerate. Somewhere between 2022 and 2025 the shell game will end. I expect that in the next couple of years I will move out of the country. There are several countries that have nice climates, lenient tax laws and that allow the purchase of citizenship. I would have to give up my Social Security if I renounce my citizenship but it is starting to look more attractive every day.

I actually did some bar tendering while I was in school. It paid fairly well

Typical Republican type response ... more fear mongering. Obviously you don't understand CARBS, but any no-sugar substitute would probably work. But, I say "don't fuck with my *******; no one's making you ******* it." Mac
View attachment 415832

Here's information on sugar substitutes to relieve your weary mind. Since you mention the processing of Splenda, which is sucralose, I added an additional report on it.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...g/in-depth/artificial-sweeteners/art-20046936
http://familydoctor.org/familydocto...stitutes-what-you-need-to-know/sucralose.html

Notice none of these are politically linked biasness.
What makes this a Republican response? Because you don't like people disagreeing with you it makes them a Republican?

Moving out of the country has its own problems. Just because you did not mention them does not mean you are not aware of them. Perhaps first is the isolation from your current relatives and friends, and especially children, if you have the latter. Social media and the state of video communication helps, but does not replace close interaction. Cultural and language barriers are sometimes problems. We forget that other countries have their share of all kinds of problems, too.
Perhaps you have lived abroad and you know what you will encounter. As you know, several Americans live in some of the better places in Mexico, including Guadalajara, which has American-trained doctors that take care of Americans.
Kidnapping for ramson is increasingly happening in Central and South America.
A few years ago I started chatting sometimes with a guy that worked out at my gym. He had just moved here from California. He had taught school there for several years, and evidently Cal has probably a pension system for early retired teachers that the state cannot really afford. He was going to live in Mexico, and was speculating on where.
A year or so, he returned. What happened, I asked. He said in Mexico, that the culture treated dogs like mosquitoes. Even a kid would eat a dripping ice cream cone in front of a starving dog. Even in the gated communities he said, starving dogs constantly ran through the place. He could not take it, and that is why he moved back.
I spent a lot of time in Mexico in my younger days, and even though I am an ******* lover, starving dogs were not my concern. Perhaps if I had lived there, I would have developed his sensitivity.
I mention the dog story to illustrate one never knows what one will not like about living in another country.
Perhaps you need to go to a country that loves aging black "fuck machines" , as you describe yourself, lol. Hopefully you have some tread on those tires left. A friend of mine has a Viagra pill taped to his bedpost. Every so often, he bends over and just licks the pill, which he claims that is all he has to do.
I share your concerns about the economy, and I read pretty much the same stuff it appears you do about our deficit and entitlement spending, which no politician wants to touch. I am a little more optimistic than you, but not much.

Last edited:
What makes this a Republican response? Because you don't like people disagreeing with you it makes them a Republican?
If you knew falcond (the one who I was responding to) you'd know it was a "joke" ... ie. a humorous statement or witticism, a brief oral narrative with a climatic, humorous twist. If you took that post seriously, I hope you can find some way to work through it. gif_Yellowball-rollingEyes2.gif
As far as people disagreeing with me, I really could care less what anyone else thinks of my posts. Its when one provokes argument simply for debate, and ignores common sense and documented facts that irritates me. Which is the reason I prefer not posting on political topics. So, it would be highly appreciated if you would not do that if that is your intent ... thanks so much.
GIF_GrouchoMarx.gif ...Mac
ps ... I would like you to try my margarita recipe; 2 sports bars in NC use my recipe now.

Last edited:
Torp. I know a lot of ex-pats in costa rica and el salvador. My personal leaning is towards the Philippines. I have spent a LOT of time there. I love the country and the beauty of its nature (shut up Mac. lol) and I love the people. Most of whom absolutely love Americans.

There is quite a few options for retiring out of the country. There is quite a bit of variance in the cost. Ireland is currently around $675,000. United Arab Emirates wants a minimum purchase of $273,000. Go to Spain and marry a citizen and you can get citizenship in a year. My personal favorite is St. Kitts They do a pretty thorough background check, require a $400,000 investment and a $50,000 application fee. Health care is above normal. It doesn't seem to get hit with hurricanes that often.I didn't mention earlier that I am interested in a country where I can purchase citizenship. It is making more economic sense to renounce my U.S. citizenship and move out of the the country. St. Kitts offers Visa free travel to nearly as many countries as the U.S.
I wouldn't be this first person to do this. There are a few thousand and the numbers are growing that do this every year.

Last edited:
He actually thinks the national debt is shrinking. And that the economy is getting a lot better. If all else fails he will do a rant about trickle down economics not working

There is quite a few options for retiring out of the country. There is quite a bit of variance in the cost. Ireland is currently around $675,000. United Arab Emirates wants a minimum purchase of $273,000. Go to Spain and marry a citizen and you can get citizenship in a year. My personal favorite is St. Kitts They do a pretty thorough background check, require a $400,000 investment and a $50,000 application fee. Health care is above normal. It doesn't seem to get hit with hurricanes that often.I didn't mention earlier that I am interested in a country where I can purchase citizenship. It is making more economic sense to renounce my U.S. citizenship and move out of the the country. St. Kitts offers Visa free travel to nearly as many countries as the U.S.
I wouldn't be this first person to do this. There are a few thousand and the numbers are growing that do this every year.
If I ever considered moving to another country, which I will not, the quality of their golf courses would be important. Speaking of golf, if we made it a law in this country, that all men had to wear golf pants. a golf shirt, and golf spiked shoes, there would be considerably less convenient store robberies. First of all, have you ever seen a suspect of such a robbery dressed in golf attire? Secondly, it is difficult to flee on foot on a sidewalk or highway, wearing golf shoes. You slip and slide, and the clattering racket can be heard a hundred yards away.
I don't know if any golf fans read this. Here's hoping Jordan Spieth can put three more good rounds together at the Masters. Ben Crenshaw must have been embarrassed to shoot a 91 at his last Masters. The next high was 85.

Back