Politics, Politics, Politics

A lot of the crap you are laying at Reagan's feet was Bill Clinton's doing. NAFTA did not benefit the United States. The trade agreement that he negotiated with Chine cost the United States about 8 million manufacturing job

got that just a little bit twisted don't you?
Bush and Gingrich crew negotiated that deal... but Bush didn't get his second term to finish the deal...Clinton went with it.... But since it turned out to be all bad... now it's all Clinton!
as for China giving them money... remember whitewater?... they were not rich when they left the white house... they didn't get rich until AFTER he left office so whatever if any he got from China would have done them no good he was not in office.... got things just a little twisted there.... doing those 250 thousand dollar speeches a couple times a month kind of added to his bank account!
the right always wants to blame everything that goes wrong on them... and yet he is a very popular pres and the country did very well under Clinton.... the avg person knows that... but that just burns the rights ass... to think a Dem had to come in and repair their mess and turn the country around!

History of NAFTA and Its Purpose

NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement. It was envisioned at least 30 years ago to reduce trading costs, increase business investment, and help North America be more competitive in the global marketplace.

What Is Its History?

The impetus for NAFTA actually began with President Ronald Reagan, who campaigned on a North American common market. In 1984, Congress passed the Trade and Tariff Act.

https://www.thebalance.com/history-of-nafta-3306272

the right has just hated the Clintons for years and try to put a lot on them... they were really pissed when he got re-elected... look at ken Star doing the investigation on Clinton.... all they cam e up with was monica... and yet at the same time you had ken star playing around on his wife... look at hassert... always the double standard!

they have already stated if Hillary gets elected they will not do any judges... and if the right maintains congress their first agenda is to start another investigation into Hillary... at what expense to the American people?... and I guess they maintain their obstructionist policy!

Last edited:
the really funny one is Daryl Issa Calif...... he called Obama the worst Pres ever and several other names and statements... but now that Trump not real popular in calif and his re-election not going well he posted some ads stating that he was one of the most bi-partisan officials in wash.
Obama made a little campaign stop to remind the voters there of issa's position in the past!

I guess it all goes back to 2 questions.... why is it that always the most popular presidents have been a Democrat?
I will tell you... they have worked for the country and improved the economy!
the other question... name one thing the right has done for the worker/middle class in the past 30 years?
I will tell you that one also... NOTHING... but obstruct and block anything to help the country!

Clinton went with it.... But since it turned out to be all bad... now it's all Clinton!
Clinton was a big proponent of NAFTA. From the very article you linked in your post:

it was a priority of President Clinton's, and its passage is considered one of his first successes. (Source: History.com, NAFTA Signed into Law, December 8, 1993)

Not only that, but the actual ratification of NAFTA was done by a Democrat trifecta. Democrats controlled both houses of congress at the time. The bill was sponsored by Dan Rostenkowski (Democrat).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/house-bill/3450?q={"search":["nafta"]}

The truth is there is blame on both sides. It was initially negotiated under Bush, but Clinton and the Dems are who finalized it and actually pulled the trigger on it.

yes he did pull the trigger on it.... but he just finished what others had started... yet when it comes to blame for it going south... his is the only name mentioned!

The truth is there is blame on both sides.
yes... but you never hear about that

when you hear about that bad nafta trade deal.... who is the name that always comes up?.. only one... when it was a joint fuck-up!

Last edited:
yes he did pull the trigger on it.... but he just finished what others had started... yet when it comes to blame for it going south... his is the only name mentioned!

yes... but you never hear about that

when you hear about that bad nafta trade deal.... who is the name that always comes up?.. only one... when it was a joint fuck-up!

No its not a joint fuckup because clinton was the one who finalized the deal....if it was bad he should have made changes or not went through with it.

At work when something is fucked up. who do they blame....the guy that signed off the drawing.....not the guy who did the drawing. That guy made a mistake but the guy who signed it off said it was OK and it wasnt.

No its not a joint fuckup because clinton was the one who finalized the deal....if it was bad he should have made changes or not went through with it.

It was supported and been worked on by BOTH parties for several years... there you go with that right wing mentality again!

It was supported and been worked on by BOTH parties for several years... there you go with that right wing mentality again!

HH just said above that both the house and senate were Democratic controlled during the time that it was ratified.....if it was so bad they the dems had the power to change or do whatever they wanted with it not the Republicans.

more mindless- meaningless banter from
dumb... dumber and dumbest

1g.gif

you "Trumpettes" really are off the board

and you just can't figure out why the republican party is where it is right now

Last edited:

At work when something is fucked up. who do they blame....the guy that signed off the drawing.....not the guy who did the drawing. That guy made a mistake but the guy who signed it off said it was OK and it wasnt.

I am beginning to believe the establishment types(Bushs and Clintons)
think like this guy below:
bob-ross-accidents.gif
Not a care in the world, as they fuck up the world.

I knew I was saving this for some strange reason ...
View attachment 1020801

Psych 101

Recognize when you've won. Usually, these people will never see that you've truly won the argument. However, you can. At a certain point when you've backed him into a corner with no arguments left to say against you, the only thing he's got left is his insults. At this point, you know that you've won the argument, even if he does not accept this point. You can choose to walk away here, if circumstances allow.

It seems the only thing left is insults - I choose to walk away at this point. ;)

0518f1673e00c985492112491ee306361349c0-wm.jpg

#7835 TwoBiFour, Today at 10:37 AM

you and I have had this discussion a few times...and I agree.... and I don't think you and I have got into for awhile

BUT like I told you before... when someone else makes a jerk comment... and you hit the like tab... guilt by association so to speak

hh is real good about stirring the pot and sitting back and watching the fireworks when he can.... and like I said we haven't really "dinged" each other in a while....but when someone else makes a ... "comment" and I figure anyone that hits the like tab is just voicing the same opinion

Last edited:
Back