Politics, Politics, Politics

There's a lot more to it than just 'theory'. One, automation has pretty much replaced the old assembly line, manufacturing jobs in the US. Those jobs are never coming back. That part of our history is just that, "history"

Trickle down economics , In a nut shell refers to the most wealthy spending their money - which keeps people employed and creates jobs. What do you think happens when the top 1% stop spending? Does 1929 come to mind? As long as the top 1% keeps spending, the economy keeps rolling. It is The greed and corruption prevents the money from reaching the bottom, not the theory. The Manufacturing process and poor business ethics are the result of the greed and corruption. If corporations were fair to their employees, paid a fair wage and genuinely cared about their people and the environment then "trickle down" wouldn't be such a bad word.

Two, the majority of good jobs require technology skills which our current work ******* lacks, and it appears we have no intention of helping in retooling workers as conservatives cut support to education.

I agree - and something I am working to change in my city. Part of this accomplishment requires large donations and grants from the top 1%. If There is a threat of a higher tax, this process becomes harder to achieve.

And three, we have no control on immigration which is taking the short supply of low-paying jobs available.

Again I agree - which makes me wonder why then are you against closing - or at least redefining - our borders and require proof of citizenship to vote. You can't complain about immigrants taking jobs and then insist we turn a blind eye to who may or may not be here legally.

You say it is Democrats that are destroying the middle-class. Could you expand on this with documented examples, please? How are Democrats doing this?

No - that's not what I said. What I said was the Democrats have done nothing to change the republican policies that are effecting the middle class becasue the Democrats are just as interested in getting rid of the middle class as the Republicans, they are just letting the GOP do it for them. In the past 8 years what have the Democrats done to help the middle class or the economy? Other than create bills that give more handouts that the middle class are stuck paying for. I have paid more in tax this year than ever before - Oh and I didn't have enough Itemized deductions so I didn't get to deduct my Mortgage interest - Happy? If Hillary or Sanders gets elected - we will be having this same discussion 8 years from now (and it will still be Regan's and Bush's fault).

I'm not sure what you mean "it needs to cascade down" ... are you saying the tax cuts for the wealthiest need to be larger to encourage more job creation?

What I mean there Mac is we need to tackle the greed and corruption so more money flows to the bottom (instead of a trickle). If there was less greed and corruption we would not need to raise taxes. Raising taxes on the Wealthy only cost the middle class and the poor even more - that's also known as "trickle down". Look at it this way: You own a business and employ 500 people. The government raises your tax on doing business to the point you must either cut everyone's pay by 10%, fire 100 employees, raise your prices - or close your doors - What do you do? In either scenario that tax increase has effected everyone down the line.

We need policies that encourage the sharing of wealth rather than squandering it. If we don't change the mind set of the American people - nothing will change in government.

What I said was the Democrats have done nothing to change the republican policies that are effecting the middle class becasue the Democrats are just as interested in getting rid of the middle class as the Republicans, they are just letting the GOP do it for them
not sure I entirely agree with that... although I agree the Dems should have tried to do more... but Obama did put forth a restricting plan which would have created jobs and helped the economy.... but look what it got him... and yet at the first part of these primaries several "old school" republicans put forth the same idea... but then they are out now .... restructuring is something we NEED anyway and will help everyone in the economy

I just think the restructuring is the only way (in my mind).. it helps Business' by giving them contracts... helps with jobs... people purchase products for work.. for the economy..... and most important put taxes back into the gov.
It has worked in the past... no reason it wouldn't again... but I won't go into why it didn't happen... been brought up a lot on here already

Good luck solving it; its been around since the beginning of time. The USA has just embellished it ...

pic_word-GREED.jpg

"If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction." 1st Timothy 6:8-10

Last edited:
goes back to ALOT of what has been posted here by several.... there is just no such thing as an honest republican.... everything is about what they can get for them selves.... they are not here for god and country.... they believe in trickle down... help the rich and some will find it's way into THEIR pocket and screw the rest of the country!
And you believe Democrats are honest?

There is a reason the establishment want to keep both Bernie and Trump out.
See below

View attachment 824426

Trump takes zero money from big donor, special interest, or mega banks.

Bernie takes very little.

The above it why they are both lied about in the media, 80% of the media is owned by the big money donor classes.

The above also explains why both the DNC and the RNC are playing dirty pool in the primaries to try and block them both.
Just because Sanders and Trump doesn't make them good choices for the White House. Sanders has a lot of Grandiose plans that there is no way to pay for. All Trumps is good at is self promotion, he is a bigger narcissist than Obama is.

Hillary is NOT going to put us in a war... Bill shied away from anything that didn't help the country and the economy.... although he made a few bad choices on trade... for the most part he worked to get us out of the hole... and I think Hillary will follow that
Wars can get started from lack 0f courage. I was never a particular fan of the Clinton's but when Benghazi happened and Hillary bailed that told me everything I needed to know about her. She cut and run and left the President holding the bag. Not the kind of stuff a C in C should be made of.

Good luck solving it; its been around since the beginning of time. The USA has just embellished it ...

View attachment 830290

"If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction." 1st Timothy 6:8-10
Greed is what built this country, altruism doesn't lead to progress. The problem government has had is that it isn't promoting greed where it needs to. The Koch's, Gates, Walton's, Buffet's and the like don't need our help, we need to help the greedy person that wants to make their first million, not their next billion. This trait is hardly unique to the Republicans. Why do you think Obama plans on staying in Washington after he leaves office?

He doesn't have to take big donations from banks & special interests because he's a frik'n vulture capitalist himself, itis. Trump takes advantage of people with problems ... its how he's made his billions in buying/selling properties. Then when he loses, simply files for bankruptcy (at the public's expense) and starts over screwing people. Its also why pure capitalism has long been failing the USA ... too many crony & vulture capitalists.

As far as Benghazi is concerned, there have been over a dozen "Benghazis" in the past couple decades, but the only one REPUBLICANS like to talk about is Benghazi. From now on, every time you post that chart of yours, I'm going to post this chart as well.

View attachment 827234
Even at today's lousy interest rates Trumps would have ben farther ahead if he had liquidated everything and put it in CD's. His only real talent is self promotion.

You have remarked on several occasions about all these Republican hearings into Hillary's activities. You should point out that even after all those hearings there is still a significant amount of emails related to the events that haven't been released. If Hillary had been smart she would have handed over everything month's ago. It would have all blown over long ago. Her own bullheadedness is what has kept it in the news.

isn't that an oxymoron... military over extended... and yet send in guerillas?... you know they are military special forces right ?
Guerilla forces can be and often are non military. Guerilla warfare is war that is fought by small irregular groups that use hit and run tactics in an area controlled by an organized military *******. These forces are generally armed civilians. The Vietcong in Vietnam and the French resistance in WWII are two examples of guerilla forces. The Green Berets often function to train guerilla forces. However they aren't intended to be a combat unit as a normal part of their operations. Units like the Navy Seals do covert missions but don't really quality as guerilla warfare because their missions are generally very specific and aren't intended to create general disruption

Wow, if Republicans would work even a 10th as hard at doing their jobs in Washington as they have at trying to discredit and impeach Democrat Presidents, especially the Clintons, this country might not even have a national debt,
Richard Nixon slip your mind? If the Democrats hadn't controlled both houses he would have never resigned.

All those years Republicans went after Bill Clinton for a Whitewater event that had happened 20+ years prior and they failed at prosecuting him or Hillary, and managed to INCREASE Bill Clinton's popularity at the time.
Clinton was one of the best public relations expert to sit in in the White House until Obama came along. He smoked pot but didn't inhale, got his dick sucked but didn't participate, and didn't cheat on his wife. Failure to prosecute and/or convict can merely mean the defendant was really good at covering his/her ass. How many probes into Benghazi and we are still waiting for some of the emails?

It can't work in today's world... way to much GREED/CORUPTION... look at what a CEO makes.... any excuse for that? they could expand the company... branch out .. hire more workers... all kinds of options... instead it is about which CEO can make the most... hell they can never spend that much anyway... after a point it is just about bragging/power!
The ratio between a CEO"s compensation and the compensation of the lowest paid employee was roughly 10 to 1 throughout most of the industrial revolution. There have of course always been CEOs' that have been well above that. Most of those have been owners or significant shareholder of the business they were the CEO of. The last few years that ration has dropped to about 5 to 1. Sure there are CEO's out there that have compensation in the millions but they are a small minority. My compensation was pretty close to the CEO of the company I am retired from. If you combined my salary, the president and the CEO it would have been below 7 figures.

The Green Berets often function to train guerilla *******
the Breen berets and a few other special ops units are really part of a guerilla team... they normally do the training and call the shots.... only a few of them infiltrated into some sort of local combat unit... still they are ours and they are there!
seal only work with seals a lot safer (maybe) because they know/trust one another but are in dangerous missions... the other groups have to totally rely on some other group for support/protection

Trickle down economics , In a nut shell refers to the most wealthy spending their money - which keeps people employed and creates jobs. What do you think happens when the top 1% stop spending? Does 1929 come to mind? As long as the top 1% keeps spending, the economy keeps rolling. It is The greed and corruption prevents the money from reaching the bottom, not the theory. The Manufacturing process and poor business ethics are the result of the greed and corruption. If corporations were fair to their employees, paid a fair wage and genuinely cared about their people and the environment then "trickle down" wouldn't be such a bad word.
"Trickle down" got started with Hoover. The fallacy is that the rich want to create jobs. Why would they want to? It kind of like making everyone buy health insurance with the idea that the insurance companies would then lower their rates. Why would they want to?

Back