CoupleForPlay

Couple
Real Person
Gold Member
From
ND, US
So many times we will be talking with a single guy or even another couple and words get thrown around. That lifestyle vocabulary as I like to call it. The problem of course is that we all speak the same language, we just don't all have the same meaning for those words. The general population does not take the time to educate themselves on this stuff or have a basic understanding of the words and phrases that they use. Just some random thoughts that I have been having lately...

Take "cuck" or "cuckold" for example. The dictionary defines "cuckold" as...a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful, regarded as an object of derision (contemptuous ridicule or mockery). Often times in the modern world the second part of that definition is left out and it is defined as a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful. Okay, I am a cuckold. My wife is sexually unfaithful. But the last part doesn't apply. She is unfaithful BECAUSE I encourage her to be. Because I love seeing her have more pleasure that I can sometimes provide her. Because I want her to experience life and connect with people on any level that she sees fit. If that means she puts another man's cock inside her, so be it. I don't have to feel derision to be a cuckold. There are times with certain men in our bedroom that he or she will play in a little mockery. The difference is we do that because of the mood we are all in at the time. We do it for fun and for a change of pace once in awhile. It is not our only form of play. But still, I am a cuckold.

Bull. This one drives me nuts. Any man who fucks your wife is not automatically her bull...at least for us. Much like cuckold as discussed above, everyone seems to have their own definition to the word "bull". When we opened our marriage over 8 years ago, my wife had only been with 4 men. She was 30. She is now at 19. So...those 15 men who have entered her have not all been "bulls". A couple of them were one time encounters. How can someone be a bull if you literally meet them, fuck and they leave? For us a bull is sometime who establishes themselves in out relationship. Someone that ADDS to our dynamic and someone who understands his place in our dynamic. A bull, again for us, is more than a fuck, more than a lover but short of a boyfriend. So, out of those 15 men how many have been bulls? One for sure. He engaged with both of us outside and inside the bedroom. In the bedroom, he showed his "dominance" and treated her and me correctly. He took her out for coffee a couple of times and meal or two. He would stop by just to say hi. Didn't have to take his clothes off. That is a bull. That is someone that is adding to our marriage and our dynamic and the richness of her life because he can discuss things with her that are of interest to them and not necessarily me. There is another that is working on it but he is so far away (you know who you are). Would we love to a have a long term, ongoing relationship with another man to be a bull for our marriage? Yes. At some point in time would I like her to have a boyfriend. Again, yes. But that is going to take some work!

Poly or Polyamorous. Just because you have an open marriage or are a hotwife does not make you poly or polyamorous. Poly meaning many and amorous meaning loves. Many loves. Characterized by or involved in the practice of engaging in multiple romantic (and typically sexual) relationships, with the consent of all the people involved. I, personally, have fucked many people that I did not love. Sex was the thing to do. We were there, we had needs, we used each other. I did not love those people. I have loved many people in my life. But having several sexual partners at the same time does not make you poly. This word this thrown around all the time and I feel like people do not understand it's meaning. My wife and I practice ethical non-monogamy. We are not polyamorous. Yet. I think that there may come a time when we get to polyamory but at the current time we are not there. If a lover graduated from that to bull to boyfriend then we would be poly.

My wife and I define our dynamic as Stag/Vixen...I am more dominate in our relationship and I love to see other men fuck her so I will find them for her. Occasionally she will be a hotwife...she will ask if she can have an encounter without me present. Occasionally she will fuck someone and I will sit at the end of the bed a watch and be told how much better that man is than me. That is a little modern cuckolding, just for fun. The main point is our dynamic and what we do works for US. Sometimes it is so hard to find other lifestyle people to engage with because their vocabulary is different from ours and probably different from yours. The point of all this is to say that I think if we could all communicate better within the community and not make assumptions about other people the lifestyle would be more rewarding, more fun and lead to more orgasms. Don't assume that because my wife fucks other men that I am a pussy.

i agree with many of the things you say.

And i would not use the word "cuckold" for somebody who willingly chooses to share his Woman as part of his and her shared adult lifestyle because of its archaic usage that comes with derogatory connotations. BTW the same is true for the word "wittol" which would technically be more suitable because the wittol knows about his wife's "wanton escapades", but again is defined as an "object of scorn" which is very inappropriate for a sexual lifestyler. Personally, i'd go with "Stag". ;)

Your definition of a "Bull" is perhaps the most general and i like it a lot. But i would not necessarily use it in a conversation with a stranger because many people have completely different understandings of the meaning of that word - there are many very different "personal definitions" of a "bull" out there for sure. Also some see it as an insult.

What you say about "polyamory" seems perfectly accurate. Even though i would rather tie it to a person than a relationship. If your wife has a boyfriend, ImO you are not in a "poly marriage" but rather your wife is polyamorous while you, the husband, are still monoamorous (if you do not also have another relationship in addition to that with your wife). And honestly, i am doubtful about calling it a "throuple". 🤔

You hinted that a "Hotwife" would play without her husband/BF present. Is that a necessity for "hotwife play"? Because TBH i never heard of that. But i heard that some people believe a Hotwife would be some sort of "cuckoldress" which ImO is a misconception. So your choice of the "Vixen" tag seems a good one. It seems to be more general and goes well with the "Stag". :)

@CoupleForPlay thank you for sharing your insights.

So... when you are in search of a new play partner, do you not describe yourselves or your style of play to a potential candidate? What words do you or would you use? 🤔 TY
Generally speaking we describe ourselves as Stag/Vixen because most people have a general understanding of those terms. We also let them know if they are a single man that we prefer them to be bi or flexible as I (husband) am bi and like to play as well. The people that come at us calling me a cuck or talking only about how badly they want to breed or fuck my wife generally do not get a response.

So... when you are in search of a new play partner, do you not describe yourselves or your style of play to a potential candidate? What words do you or would you use? 🤔 TY
Exactly what style of play do we have? What you’re describing is getting very specific. On a swinger site that’s going to limit who contacts you. I’m not so caught up in one thing that I’m not willing to do another. You have such a male mindset. We like to meet others for great sex. Period. After we connect then let’s talk about likes and dislikes. What’s a hard boundary and what isn’t

Exactly what style of play do we have? What you’re describing is getting very specific. On a swinger site that’s going to limit who contacts you. I’m not so caught up in one thing that I’m not willing to do another. You have such a male mindset. We like to meet others for great sex. Period. After we connect then let’s talk about likes and dislikes. What’s a hard boundary and what isn’t
What is a "male mindset"? *SmH* BTW i am open to many things, not very limited at all.
Discussing boundaries is ImO a must before play.

What is a "male mindset"? *SmH* BTW i am open to many things, not very limited at all.
Discussing boundaries is ImO a must before play.
You want to be defined by your play. That’s really a male thing. Look, I like your comments when they make sense. In the end, you are a single guy on here looking for a woman so you can watch her have sex. That’s your label. I find it pathetic but you do you

Last edited:
You want to be defined by your play. That’s really a male thing. Look, I like your comments when they make sense. In the send, you are a single guy on here looking for a woman so you can watch her have sex. That’s your label. I find it pathetic but you do you
No. You are assuming too much. This site is not necessarily a place where i expect to find people for real-life meetings, especially where i am located. And i have no particular interest in watching unknown people have sex. But i have an interest in the wifesharing lifestyle(s) because i see its benefits for everybody involved in such a relationship and sexual dynamic. There are webforums out there indulging in the monogamous lifestyle and if that was my preference i would be there, not here. :) These forums are actually educational if you manage to focus on real information or to read between the lines. Apart from that they are entertaining. ;) Both are reasons why i am (still) here.

The topic in this thread is "Lifestyle Terminology". You may not see the relevance to that but i do. Many people often use terms they have heard of and describe themselves or their desired style of play using those words in the hopes that others (persons of interest) would understand what they are looking out for. In other words it is using language which is the basis of every communication! Which makes it important that different people understand the same things when a word or term is being used. You describe yourselves as having an "open relationship" or being "swingers". If nobody knew what that means, you would have a harder time communicating with a potential play partner. Others may have a more specific prospect than you have which is also asking for more specific terms. Just sayin'

No. You are assuming too much. This site is not necessarily a place where i expect to find people for real-life meetings, especially where i am located. And i have no particular interest in watching unknown people have sex. But i have an interest in the wifesharing lifestyle(s) because i see its benefits for everybody involved in such a relationship and sexual dynamic. There are webforums out there indulging in the monogamous lifestyle and if that was my preference i would be there, not here. :) These forums are actually educational if you manage to focus on real information or to read between the lines. Apart from that they are entertaining. ;) Both are reasons why i am (still) here.

The topic in this thread is "Lifestyle Terminology". You may not see the relevance to that but i do. Many people often use terms they have heard of and describe themselves or their desired style of play using those words in the hopes that others (persons of interest) would understand what they are looking out for. In other words it is using language which is the basis of every communication! Which makes it important that different people understand the same things when a word or term is being used. You describe yourselves as having an "open relationship" or being "swingers". If nobody knew what that means, you would have a harder time communicating with a potential play partner. Others may have a more specific prospect than you have which is also asking for more specific terms. Just sayin'
If you don’t know what a swinger is then I want nothing to do with you. You’re talking out of your ass

So many times we will be talking with a single guy or even another couple and words get thrown around. That lifestyle vocabulary as I like to call it. The problem of course is that we all speak the same language, we just don't all have the same meaning for those words. The general population does not take the time to educate themselves on this stuff or have a basic understanding of the words and phrases that they use. Just some random thoughts that I have been having lately...

Take "cuck" or "cuckold" for example. The dictionary defines "cuckold" as...a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful, regarded as an object of derision (contemptuous ridicule or mockery). Often times in the modern world the second part of that definition is left out and it is defined as a man whose wife is sexually unfaithful. Okay, I am a cuckold. My wife is sexually unfaithful. But the last part doesn't apply. She is unfaithful BECAUSE I encourage her to be. Because I love seeing her have more pleasure that I can sometimes provide her. Because I want her to experience life and connect with people on any level that she sees fit. If that means she puts another man's cock inside her, so be it. I don't have to feel derision to be a cuckold. There are times with certain men in our bedroom that he or she will play in a little mockery. The difference is we do that because of the mood we are all in at the time. We do it for fun and for a change of pace once in awhile. It is not our only form of play. But still, I am a cuckold.

Bull. This one drives me nuts. Any man who fucks your wife is not automatically her bull...at least for us. Much like cuckold as discussed above, everyone seems to have their own definition to the word "bull". When we opened our marriage over 8 years ago, my wife had only been with 4 men. She was 30. She is now at 19. So...those 15 men who have entered her have not all been "bulls". A couple of them were one time encounters. How can someone be a bull if you literally meet them, fuck and they leave? For us a bull is sometime who establishes themselves in out relationship. Someone that ADDS to our dynamic and someone who understands his place in our dynamic. A bull, again for us, is more than a fuck, more than a lover but short of a boyfriend. So, out of those 15 men how many have been bulls? One for sure. He engaged with both of us outside and inside the bedroom. In the bedroom, he showed his "dominance" and treated her and me correctly. He took her out for coffee a couple of times and meal or two. He would stop by just to say hi. Didn't have to take his clothes off. That is a bull. That is someone that is adding to our marriage and our dynamic and the richness of her life because he can discuss things with her that are of interest to them and not necessarily me. There is another that is working on it but he is so far away (you know who you are). Would we love to a have a long term, ongoing relationship with another man to be a bull for our marriage? Yes. At some point in time would I like her to have a boyfriend. Again, yes. But that is going to take some work!

Poly or Polyamorous. Just because you have an open marriage or are a hotwife does not make you poly or polyamorous. Poly meaning many and amorous meaning loves. Many loves. Characterized by or involved in the practice of engaging in multiple romantic (and typically sexual) relationships, with the consent of all the people involved. I, personally, have fucked many people that I did not love. Sex was the thing to do. We were there, we had needs, we used each other. I did not love those people. I have loved many people in my life. But having several sexual partners at the same time does not make you poly. This word this thrown around all the time and I feel like people do not understand it's meaning. My wife and I practice ethical non-monogamy. We are not polyamorous. Yet. I think that there may come a time when we get to polyamory but at the current time we are not there. If a lover graduated from that to bull to boyfriend then we would be poly.

My wife and I define our dynamic as Stag/Vixen...I am more dominate in our relationship and I love to see other men fuck her so I will find them for her. Occasionally she will be a hotwife...she will ask if she can have an encounter without me present. Occasionally she will fuck someone and I will sit at the end of the bed a watch and be told how much better that man is than me. That is a little modern cuckolding, just for fun. The main point is our dynamic and what we do works for US. Sometimes it is so hard to find other lifestyle people to engage with because their vocabulary is different from ours and probably different from yours. The point of all this is to say that I think if we could all communicate better within the community and not make assumptions about other people the lifestyle would be more rewarding, more fun and lead to more orgasms. Don't assume that because my wife fucks other men that I am a pussy.
Do whatever works for all three of you. Which is difficult at times due to differences in expectations. So everyone has to learn to find a common ground for play. It’s a tiresome negotiation process but eventually you would be happy to build an equation with someone you like and trust.

I hear what you are saying. I think this is the point that @CoupleForPlay was making with this thread...a lot of the terminology seems to have a lot of different meanings depending on who you are talking with - figuring it out still here but isn't @funcouple52661 actually saying the same? Maybe I am the one who is lost lol

I hear what you are saying. I think this is the point that @CoupleForPlay was making with this thread...a lot of the terminology seems to have a lot of different meanings depending on who you are talking with - figuring it out still here but isn't @funcouple52661 actually saying the same? Maybe I am the one who is lost lol
That particular member is focused on arguing with me no matter what I say.

Back