Just curious

Cafeohlay

Male
Real Person
From
MT, US
Not trying to put anyone on blast but I’m curious how people feel about communication skills?

Personally, if I’m talking to a couple or female via email or text and they can’t compose an intelligent sentence, my interest level drops. I’m nowhere close to being an english professor, however I think most know the difference between their/there, since/sense, etc. Or it’s all ebonics and text speak.

Just curious as to the thoughts of others, or am I just boughie also known as siddidy lol.

My wife (and I) definitely prefer someone who can articulate their thoughts do it without being gross. When we use to run ads on adult websites, the one-line answers, or gross answers were discarded, even if the attched photo was from a well-endowed and gorgeous black man.

I agree, however, I think grammatical errors and short cut messaging occur more often when using mobile devices than computers. Just a thought.

I understand what you are talking about but don’t most phones now a days have autocorrect that helps with spelling? If you were to replace seen with scene, the phone wouldn’t know. That’s more a user error in my mind.

I completely agree. When you're speaking with someone and their English is broken and choppy it kills the conversation. A certain amount of understanding can be made for people whose native language is not English but when it is just due to laziness, no thanks.

Not trying to put anyone on blast but I’m curious how people feel about communication skills?

Personally, if I’m talking to a couple or female via email or text and they can’t compose an intelligent sentence, my interest level drops. I’m nowhere close to being an english professor, however I think most know the difference between their/there, since/sense, etc. Or it’s all ebonics and text speak.

Just curious as to the thoughts of others, or am I just boughie also known as siddidy lol.
To us communication is part of the foreplay. Reasonably good grammar is important.

Judgement of charactor based upon one’s ability to use correct grammar? Then again, on here its all about the size of one’s cock; as if anyone had a choice in the matter. Walk with trepidition, karma is a bitch.

Judgement of charactor based upon one’s ability to use correct grammar? Then again, on here its all about the size of one’s cock; as if anyone had a choice in the matter. Walk with trepidition, karma is a bitch.

I’m not trying to judge anyone and I apologize if my original posting gave you that idea.

I was just making a statement about my personal preference, as we all have our own. As much as I enjoy sexual relations with white women, married or not, I’d still like to be able to hold a conversation with someone where I don’t need hubby or an “Ebonics for Dummies” book to translate.

I prefer someone who can communicate in complete sentences as well. Whether it is using a computer or your phone, you can still use sentences. I get tired of trying to translate some of the text messages when there are letters missing. I know I often times don't interpret them correctly. When I text I also use complete sentences and spell out words. I know it can cause others to be upset because I write it out but they definitely know what I am talking about.

I must admit I sometimes let grammar slide when sizing up potential meet ups. Let’s face it there are so many fakes and flakes that you have to cast a wide enough net. In hindsight it’s not wise to block a serious candidate because the sentence construction was off for a well written candidate who just wants to play you for a fool.

If I can get the point of what you’re saying that’s all that matters. I’m not looking to marry you just have fun. Now if you have grossed me out that’s another thing but grammatical errors, no I’m cool with that.

Last edited:
As a teacher I cringe when I read some of the posts on here. Misspellings, lack of punctuation, horrible grammar...... makes me want to take out my red pen and mark up the screen. I understand that we don't all have the same level of education so I generally let it slide. But some of it is just plain laziness.
It’s the internet not grammar school

As a teacher I cringe when I read some of the posts on here. Misspellings, lack of punctuation, horrible grammar...... makes me want to take out my red pen and mark up the screen. I understand that we don't all have the same level of education so I generally let it slide. But some of it is just plain laziness.
What ever education you have doesn’t make you better than the next person ijs

I met Lo online and almost didn't give her a chance because of her horrible emails. Turns out she has a reading disability and can barely put letters together to form words. How teachers passed her through high school without noticing I will never know. She's a great girl despite this issue so I'm glad I overlooked it and made a date.

Heck you can't read a newspaper, magazine or book anymore without seeing all the errors and they are suppose to be professionals.

Back