It seems the word racist is thrown around these days to signify many things. What does "racist" really mean?

flsubboy4u

Male
Gold Member
From
FL, US
I am so tired of hearing a person called a "racist" simply because someone does not agree with their ideas. For example, If I am against building a number of parks in the inner city because the cost would be so high that taxes would have to be raised, I may be called a "racist". I may in fact not hold the best position and I may just be wrong. Does that make me a racist. What if most of the children who would play in the proposed parks would be black and hispanic and I am white, does that make me a racist? How about if I am the one who proposes the parks that would bankrupt my city, does that mean I am a "non-racist" even though, the inner city parks could not be maintained due to financial factors and would likely become ******* infested hell holes?

These examples are purely scenarios to ask the question: "What does "racist" really mean? So, if you are interested, please comment. No hate in this discussion please.

Back