Is it Cultural Appropriation or Cultural Assimilation when White women emulate Black Women

I've noticed that some white women seemingly out of love for Black men and affinity for Black Culture, really try and adopt characteristics that are attributed to Black women. For example, Playboy Playmate twins Karissa and Kristina Shannon, both of whom only date Black men, often have their hair in African American female hairstyles and are also rumored to have had butt implants, larger butts of course being trait more prone to Black women:

Taking it seemingly further, some white women even go so far as to present themselves as appearing to be bi-racial, through tanning and adopting Black hair styles and other Black female attributes, such as singer Niykee Heaton (another rumored butt implanter), model Iulia Valentina, and then the infamous Rachel Dolezal, who actually held herself out publicly as being multi-racial and predominantly African American (see in order of reference below):

heaton.png

iulia.jpg

racheldolezal.jpg
Question for all, but especially those who are Black and can really speak to this issue, do you think these women are guilty of Cultural Appropriation and should not do these things, or are they to be praised for being true to themselves in terms of who they are and in promoting interracial relationships and Black Culture, which they seek to Culturally Assimilate into. For me, as a white male, these women rule in the Pantheon of Ivory Goddesses where they sit on the highest thrones for being at the absolute pinnacle of white female beauty, but what do you all think? Also you can just say whether you think it is hot or not, as I am interested in that too? :)

Last edited:
Great post! I talk about this a lot on my blog.

As with every aspect of this lifestyle, I think we need to clearly separate the lighter, sexier, more surface fun perspective - from the deeper significance socio-political perspective.

For me, as a white guy in the lifestyle, I find what you're talking about to be extremely erotic. Visually it's so sexy and it's such a big statement of where that goddess's interests and attractions lie. As for the deeper perspective, I feel there are a lot of people who look for offence where there is none meant. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Great post! I talk about this a lot on my blog.

As with every aspect of this lifestyle, I think we need to clearly separate the lighter, sexier, more surface fun perspective - from the deeper significance socio-political perspective.

For me, as a white guy in the lifestyle, I find what you're talking about to be extremely erotic. Visually it's so sexy and it's such a big statement of where that goddess's interests and attractions lie. As for the deeper perspective, I feel there are a lot of people who look for offence where there is none meant. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
I agree with you although I don't agree with what Rachel Dolezal did in terms of her being a white woman trying to publicly present herself as a Black woman. Yet, when I look at those outdoor photos of her I just want to grovel at her feet and tell her what a Goddess she is, flaws and all (sigh).

Nobody who uses the term, "cultural appropriation," should be taken seriously.
Looking at those beautiful Goddesses that is how I want to feel about it lol. But I would like to hear from several Black men that they are ok with it so I don't feel guilty about enjoying seeing white ladies going that route:)

We are not goddesses for starters...we just like bbc ... the beads go in the hair mostly on holiday as its a pain in the bum doing long hair for going out at night...you read way to much into it we just like BBC...
Michelle, I get where you are coming from and admit to using the term Goddess with a bit of hyperbole. Nevertheless, I use the term "Goddess" when I see women possessed of what I consider "extreme beauty" and know they are off limits to me because they only date Black men, hence makine me feel like a mere mortal and that these women as Goddesses because they have effectively placed themselves on a pedestal of sexual unattainablity over me where i am concerned. And certainly from looking at your photos I hope you dont take offense to the fact I view you as a Goddess for apparently having those traits (the extreme beauty for sure(!), not sure if you are exclusive to Black men). Hopefully my verbiage makes more sense tp you now.

I use the term "goddess" just because I like the word, its repsectful and its how I see women. Does it mean I expect women to be perfect or place ridiculous expectations on them? No. DOes it mean I feel I need to grovel around on the floor? No. We're all in this scene for different needs.

Back